FOV Slider  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should they add a FOV slider?

• Yes
    • No

After the update fov looks very bad. Behind you, you can barely see anything.

In my opinion, a FOV slider should be added or  devs should bring back possiblity of change it in engine file.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Definitely yes. Millions of widescreen users have half of the screen filled of counselors body. Literally can’t play . 

• Sad 1

Yeah it would be nice if you could actually see more behind you. Really don't like the character's body taking up so much space on the screen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Can this this thread be locked before someone else comes in here with another brilliant idea?

Everyone can share their ideas.

Your creativity ends in tears and criticism of other ideas and that probably does not affect the game ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, poser said:

Everyone can share their ideas.

Your creativity ends in tears and criticism of other ideas and that probably does not affect the game ?

I love you.....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Can this this thread be locked before someone else comes in here with another brilliant idea?

Dude have you seen what the widescreen people are going through? It sucks ass. @fourkillmaster did a thread on it. It really sucks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evil said:

I love you.....

i love him too !

43 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Dude have you seen what the widescreen people are going through? It sucks ass. @fourkillmaster did a thread on it. It really sucks.

yes i saw his thread and study how suffering those widescreen users . the screen is chopped top and bottom and zoomed in . totally can't play at all. it's like driving with HUGE fly on the windshield blocking our vision ! please someone or Dev do something about this. give us FOV slider or FOV editing through Engine.ini like this below .

Wow that sucks so bad . No wonder some of my friendlist on steam not playing the game anymore. 

7 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I would have to see it in motion to see how bad it really is.

And this game simply might not be playable in ultrawide. A lot of games aren't. Not enough people own ultrawides to justify the attention to code it well, and it still might end up being a passing fad. It also certainly gives a player an advantage. So it doesn't fit for F13.

What the devs should do is warp the vertical parts of the image to fit the ultrawide, just like in that video where the sides are warped horizontally. That way it won't have to be cropped and it also won't reveal too much to the player.

Also too many people do too well at this game with it's intended FOV. Nobody needs the advantage of a FOV slider.

But the bottom line is: regardless of the FOV, don't hack the game.

PS: Stick with 16:9 1080p. You'll have the best frame rate regardless of how powerful your rig is, and you'll almost never run into weird compatability issues. My 4k is a compatability/scaling nightmare. Ultrawides are good for working not gaming. 

Edit: HEY! Who gave me the confused face? Show yourself you child. Who ever gave me the confused face probably has Savini AND Uber Jason hacked into their game. You spoiled brat. "WAAA I need it. I want it. Make it easier. Make it cheaper. Make it free. Me me me!"
I see how you brats roll.   

Mods, please....find this person's IP address and send it over to Gun for a ban. I want them out of my game. I guarantee you they're up to no good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Yeah. Field of view as counselor is weird.

Super weird and gives headache. 

5 minutes ago, Szyszuniek1999 said:

YES GUNMEDIA PLEASE, I MISS MY FOV :( NOW I DON'T SEE ANYTHING, IT'S UNPLAYABLE

Yea me too. All i see is counselors back in half of the screen. 

• Like 1

Yes, fov slider, so we can all see Tiffany’s buns a bit better. 

This is not a hack it's a tweak. All PC games have FOV sliders and some are custom edited. It's allowed. It doesn't mean people are at advantage. It's so they can play better without having the wrong default fov. Most PC games have fov options. Allow it for us, please. Add it! Tired of seeing my counselor be too close to my screen too. EVERY PC game out there has FOV options. Even FPS games.

The restricted field of view is part of the mechanics of the game. Just because other games have it doesn't mean that it's right for this or that it's not hacking to change it.

In almost all other games, most guns have more than 1 shot. Does that mean it's ok for me to manipulate the files in F13 to put more rounds into the shotgun? Think about it.

• Confused 1

Yea but most games have FOV options no matter what. I wouldn't complain about it. Why the fuss about it?

• Like 1

And most games dont cut the top and bottom view and zoomed in the camera view so much. All of these problems solved by adding fov . 

Guess what guys? I might be wrong.

The exclusion of an FOV slider might not be an intended part of the game. And I have a theory on why we might not ever be able to have one.

I just did some research and discovered that there are a number of AAA, multi-platform games where only the PC versions have FOV sliders. The hit on performance, when someone increases what's being rendered on their screen, is so bad that the games don't pass console certification. 

Seeing as the devs, across all platforms, reduced the graphics from the Beta to the release, because consoles wouldn't be able to handle it; they probably took the same approach with the FOV slider. 

Or the hit on performance is so bad that even PCs can't handle it. 

I kinda feel like the FOV got a little tighter for counselors with the update. If so, maybe they brought it in to squeeze a few more fps out. 

Remember in the Beta how the FOV was bigger? Performance issues might very well be the case then. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1