Sign in to follow this  
blablabla

Salty mines, salty problem

Every now and then you can meet players who work with Jason. Now others can not get out of a toxic match, because it's a salty mines. Can developers advise on what to do in such situations?

Betrayation is also a big problem. Maybe it's worth giving the players also salt ?

27 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You can leave after you die......

no-salt.jpg

So just let'm kill you, then exit the session.

Exactly this. Give them what they want and they you are allowed to leave without consquences for you. The trolls win, you may not like it, but thats the way this game is handled.

• Sad 1

Also, give them your lunch money. Would probably give them your allowance too so they will harass someone else. I've always thought that the best way to handle bullies and trolls is to give them everything they want and a little extra for their service. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Also, give them your lunch money. Would probably give them your allowance too so they will harass someone else. I've always thought that the best way to handle bullies and trolls is to give them everything they want and a little extra for their service. 

Well.....it is kinda hard to punch someone in the mouth thru an internet connection, ya know?? ?

• Like 1

It´s fkn disgusting that you have to find workarounds for yourself against cheaters. Devs should do the work here and ban those fkers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s fkn disgusting that you have to find workarounds for yourself against cheaters. Devs should do the work here and ban those fkers.

There's only 2 ways this can go.....

They don't WANT to ban cheaters.

OR

They know banning cheaters will deplete the playerbase so much that it will kill the game.

Y'all can decide which one y'all think it is (but I'm gonna put money on both reasons).

• Like 1

There's another possibility - they bit off more than they can chew, and can't deal with cheaters. Or much of anything to do with a multiplayer game. Would explain why the singleplayer is rather polished, as far as this game goes, but the multiplayer is a beta-tier mess.

13 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

There's only 2 ways this can go.....

They don't WANT to ban cheaters.

OR

They know banning cheaters will deplete the playerbase so much that it will kill the game.

Y'all can decide which one y'all think it is (but I'm gonna put money on both reasons).

The point is that this decision must have been done before release. Even if they are really not able to do proper measures, they must have known this. This is not the first match based PvP.  Even when it is your first game as a dev ever, a bit of research easily shows you that people will cheat if they can.

I think they had already too much invested when they got told that it has to be PvP to get the rights that it was simply too late. So they just fk us over.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

This game was always a PvP game from its earliest pitch, a year or so before they got the license.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure the indie game (Slasher: Vol. 1- Summer Camp) that became the foundation for Friday the 13th: The Game was a PvP game. I could be wrong cause I've never played it, but I'm pretty sure it was.

I have said it back on the first thread I ever made in here. They should have left the ability to play with friends to private matches. Quickplay should have always been solo queue only. I can see how someone might still run into someone they know by coincidence, but that would be rare and it would beat seeing 3-4 people joining a session at the same time and knowing that trolling is about to start.

The best thing you can do is play with a party even larger or around the same size, so 3-5 players (I usually go for at least 4). I target my friends first because I know they will be more difficult to deal with later on after they have looted up, so I am not the type to go easy on my party, ad I see that to be unfair.

If some random attempts to team with me, I let everyone else escape, then I injure them and grab them repeatedly until the last 10 seconds. Then I give them that corny ass headpunch kill.

If you don't want the salt, suicide the moment you know someone is teaming, and if you don't have enough time to, try your best to survive or just let them kill you so you can find a better lobby.

Devs need to kill being able to party up for QP, it's the source of all the trolling. Sure, it comes with the sacrifice of us normal folk not being able to party with friends for QP, but I would say by this time in the game's lifespan, partying up is used more often for trolling than anything else.

Salt Mines arent that bad after all.For the first time you can choose what kind of multiplayerexpirence you prefer.

You can quit matches and then end, sometime in the future end up with people who do the same if you about kill them (either as Jason or counselor).

Or you can play fair and be mr.nice guy, which will result in you ending up in lobbies with people who are teaming up with their Jasonfriend against you, or even worse,you  become Jason and this group of friends will hunt you down and try to kill you.

Please choose now ,enjoy your expirience and have a nice day.

Don’t give them the satisfaction of killing you. Find a bear trap, step in it. Reset it. step in it again. Or.... jump out of a second story window. Go back upstairs. Jump out again. 

Fool proof.

1 hour ago, Nougat said:

I can see how someone might still run into someone they know by coincidence,

That actually happened to me once. I was hosting in quick play, but I was hidden so I wouldn't be bothered. My buddy logged on and just joined a random quick play, but he was sent to my lobby. I wonder what the chances are of that happening...

2 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

Don’t give them the satisfaction of killing you. Find a bear trap, step in it. Reset it. step in it again. Or.... jump out of a second story window. Go back upstairs. Jump out again. 

Fool proof.

Agreed.  If you can jump out a second story window with a bear trap in hand, even better (if you have full health).  Then set the trap and walk in it when you're outside.