PlayerAgainstTheMachine

The reason why this update was a mess and what to fix.

I guess y'all know that this update wasn't that good..... I don't know why I didn't expect this since they touched every single thing in the game for update to the newer version of the engine, it's just a bug party, the only real good thing is the SP challenges but just that. Multiplayer is a buggy mess and bots are way too overpowered. So im going to make a list of things that they need to fix in the next patch (or just maybe a hotfix, who knows).

- Jason grab: I know this has been disscused a lot, but Jason grab right now is awful. Is slow, short and it just do a whole animation to do a simple thing. In consoles, Jason's with +Shift or with normal shift are a nightmare to play with, the shift moves freaking fast and with this new grab it's pretty damn hard to make a shift grab. If they want to keep the lock animation at least make the cooldown faster.

-  Victoria clothing: This has been disscused a little bit in Mean girl trope thread. First off, I don't know why devs would put some type of suit or pajama to Victoria. Melissa in Part 7 had a very unique style, besides @Barbara Ann even took his time to make some conceptual art and such of his clothing. It's a nice detail have the blue suit that Melissa wear in Part 7 but in the game it just doesn't fit. So yeah, would be nice have some normal clothing for Victoria like all other counselors.

-Lighting: The lighting it's actually pretty good right now. The fog and the lights in exteriors looks good, but oh Lord there are so many bugs with the lighting right now. Saw a picture of Savini Jason with green eyes, unicorn blood, and sapphire hair and more. The lighting needs to be fixed, by the way, for some reasons these bugs occurs more on Pinehurst than any other map.

-Sounds: This one is kinda obvious, sounds are broken as hell right now, you don't hear windows getting open, you don't hear a counselors blocking a door or opening it.... Like I said, you just need to play a match and you will see.

- Interaction speed: This one is obvious too, it happens every match aswell with the sounds. You open drawers, open windows, block doors and attack like if you were possessed or something. It's just unrealistic fast.

-Voices: Can't believe they didn't fix this with this patch. Is so annoying hear a Jenny with Vanessa voice or A.J with Deborah voice.

-Bots: So dear IllFonic, when we said bots were dumb it's because they were, but we didn't ask for bots fix the phone within 2 minutes of match started. It's just way too fast. Besides always they have a damn pocket knife or firecrackers, ALWAYS. Can they just act like a normal player and play like if were a normal multiplayer match?

-Emotes: I don't know what devs were thinking here, but I don't know why the characters don't loop a dance like they did with the first emote paid pack. Besides, the dances are way too short that if you wanna dance for a long time you have to select the dance over and over again, please devs make the dance like a loop. Just like they did with the first emote paid pack.

-Matchmaking: This one is important, for some reason im experiencing more connections problem than ever (PS4). I played like 6 games and I could only finish 2 of them, yep, only 2.

-Draw distance: This one is very important too. The draw distance just suck ass with this update. Lights turn off right in front of your face, textures don't load..... Terrible.

So right now I guess that's it. If you know another important bug or glitch put in here.

PD: Can you please not start putting dumb gif, do stupid answer or some shit like that? This thread is for help devs improve things with the next patch, so they can know bugs that are bothering players.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

The legendary perks are weak.

Victoria is cool.

No new map

No new Jason

The updates like grab and environment kind of throw off the overall feel.

Sp is alright. Theres just not enough variety in the game.

I still play though.

3 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

? This thread is for help devs improve things with the next patch, so they can know bugs that are bothering players.

It's adorable that you think they still care what anyone has to say.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

They care, they just don't know how to make things right.

6 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

He's in there. Just not available yet

Probably because Grendel it's not finished.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Devs don' listen so doesn't matter. They're too busy jerking each other off over at Gun headquarters 

When the opinions being presented are as bad as some of the stuff OP is mentioning, it’s a good thing they aren’t listening. Most people here complaining don’t know what the hell theyre talking about any way and rarely offer anything of value

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I guess y'all know that this update wasn't that good..... I don't know why I didn't expect this since they touched every single thing in the game for update to the newer version of the engine, it's just a bug party, the only real good thing is the SP challenges but just that. Multiplayer is a buggy mess and bots are way too overpowered. So im going to make a list of things that they need to fix in the next patch (or just maybe a hotfix, who knows).

- Jason grab: I know this has been disscused a lot, but Jason grab right now is awful. Is slow, short and it just do a whole animation to do a simple thing. In consoles, Jason's with +Shift or with normal shift are a nightmare to play with, the shift moves freaking fast and with this new grab it's pretty damn hard to make a shift grab. If they want to keep the lock animation at least make the cooldown faster.

-  Victoria clothing: This has been disscused a little bit in Mean girl trope thread. First off, I don't know why devs would put some type of suit or pajama to Victoria. Melissa in Part 7 had a very unique style, besides @Barbara Ann even took his time to make some conceptual art and such of his clothing. It's a nice detail have the blue suit that Melissa wear in Part 7 but in the game it just doesn't fit. So yeah, would be nice have some normal clothing for Victoria like all other counselors.

-Lighting: The lighting it's actually pretty good right now. The fog and the lights in exteriors looks good, but oh Lord there are so many bugs with the lighting right now. Saw a picture of Savini Jason with green eyes, unicorn blood, and sapphire hair and more. The lighting needs to be fixed, by the way, for some reasons these bugs occurs more on Pinehurst than any other map.

-Sounds: This one is kinda obvious, sounds are broken as hell right now, you don't hear windows getting open, you don't hear a counselors blocking a door or opening it.... Like I said, you just need to play a match and you will see.

- Interaction speed: This one is obvious too, it happens every match aswell with the sounds. You open drawers, open windows, block doors and attack like if you were possessed or something. It's just unrealistic fast.

-Voices: Can't believe they didn't fix this with this patch. Is so annoying hear a Jenny with Vanessa voice or A.J with Deborah voice.

-Bots: So dear IllFonic, when we said bots were dumb it's because they were, but we didn't ask for bots fix the phone within 2 minutes of match started. It's just way too fast. Besides always they have a damn pocket knife or firecrackers, ALWAYS. Can they just act like a normal player and play like if were a normal multiplayer match?

-Emotes: I don't know what devs were thinking here, but I don't know why the characters don't loop a dance like they did with the first emote paid pack. Besides, the dances are way too short that if you wanna dance for a long time you have to select the dance over and over again, please devs make the dance like a loop. Just like they did with the first emote paid pack.

So right now I guess that's it. If you know another important bug or glitch put in here.

PD: Can you please not start putting dumb gif, do stupid answer or some shit like that? This thread is for help devs improve things with the next patch, so they can know bugs that are bothering players.

Holy shit, Victoria is a man?? Guess I fapped too soon...

And I know that for some reason people like emotes, but for the love of fucks sake, can we please just leave emotes alone until actual IMPORTANT issues are addressed? I'm sure everyone is stoked on all the new emotes, but obviously it came at a cost because the patch broke the game even more. Instead of outsourcing resources to make emotes, maybe that effort should have been put towards making the game functional.

9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

And I'm with that guy.

Also, no one acknowledged this in the other thread where I mentioned this, but has anyone noticed the high pitched beeping noise that keeps happening in the game??

10 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Devs don' listen so doesn't matter. They're too busy jerking each other off over at Gun headquarters 

Also, Gun Media aren’t the developers so it makes no sense that the “devs are too busy jerking each other off over at Gun headquarters”.

I swear to god you ppl have got to learn the difference between Gun and Illfonic. It’s embarrasing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

High expectations tend to lead to high disappointment. 

People got so hyped for this update with how long it took to release, that it was bound to be met with criticism. 

The new grab has obviously been the main complaint but it just sounds like people are complaining because they're getting found out because they can't spam the grab button anymore. You have multiple ways to hurt counselors : Grab, Melee Attack, Traps, and Throwing Knifes. The new grab has made it be more tactical now and you need to have somewhat of a skill rather then just spam and spam the grab button. The Melee Attack has been fixed to a degree and throwing knifes are a big importance so it's not like Jason has been nerfed, it's just people have to actually play tactical now and not button mashing anymore. I personally liked the old grab animation, but the new grab is good as well. It's like the movies, grab and a sudden jump scare, it looks more brutal the way he picks them up and more realistic with them struggling more naturally. 

My biggest complaint though is legendary perks. I had 117,000 CP and rolled only 4 Legendary Perks (granted, i know it's hard to roll them) but you'd think they would be good % but my Epic restful perk is better than my legendary perk. I feel like if it's rare to ever pull one, that it has to be of a significant value because if a epic is better than a legendary, you have to ask yourself : Is it worth wasting time to try and get them?

Other then that, i loved the new update, gave a new breath of fresh air to a game that needed new content and an upgrade. You can't please everyone. 

3 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Most people here complaining don’t know what the hell theyre talking about any way and rarely offer anything of value

That's why I did this thread, at least I want them to know important bugs that are in the game right now since looks like their testers are a lazy monkeys. We need at least a hotfix to solve these bugs, the multiplayer experience right now is awful with these things, I can say it's even worse than the beta.

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

People got so hyped for this update with how long it took to release, that it was bound to be met with criticism. 

The new grab has obviously been the main complaint but it just sounds like people are complaining because they're getting found out because they can't spam the grab button anymore. You have multiple ways to hurt counselors : Grab, Melee Attack, Traps, and Throwing Knifes. The new grab has made it be more tactical now and you need to have somewhat of a skill rather then just spam and spam the grab button. The Melee Attack has been fixed to a degree and throwing knifes are a big importance so it's not like Jason has been nerfed, it's just people have to actually play tactical now and not button mashing anymore. I personally liked the old grab animation, but the new grab is good as well. It's like the movies, grab and a sudden jump scare, it looks more brutal the way he picks them up and more realistic with them struggling more naturally. 

They complain for various reasons and it's understandable. The animations is too slow, the range is way too short and the cooldown is pretty long. But hey, at least the sound effect and the animation are cool as fuck. 

10 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Also, Gun Media aren’t the developers so it makes no sense that the “devs are too busy jerking each other off over at Gun headquarters”.

I swear to god you ppl have got to learn the difference between Gun and Illfonic. It’s embarrasing. 

What is embarrassing is illfonic or gun media or whoever fucked up an update that we waited several months for

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I think we all had low expectations, and we were still disappointed. I was at the very least expecting that I'd be guaranteed to play as the counselor I selected in the lobby. And that sounds would play when I barricade doors and perform other actions.

You'll change your opinion on the grab as soon as you come across counselors who actually know how to play.

36 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

This isn't a bug. Wes said that the sounds are intentional to save system memory.

7 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

This isn't a bug. Wes said that the sounds are intentional to save system memory.

Devs = amateur hour

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Devs = amateur hour

Amateurs wouldn't break the character selection system.

Short list of things I've noticed (on Xbox):

• Med sprays picked up from other survivors aren't healing counselor (may possibly be all med sprays?) - there have been a few instances where I have had to spray myself with the same med spray multiple times in order to heal myself.
  • Rainbow particles - this happens with blood (on Jason or counselor), fire crackers, and shattering pieces of doors. I've most often seen this on Pinehurst.
  • Spectators can not pull up their menu to leave spectating mode - had to home screen in order to leave a spectating game.
  • Swapping weapons or dropping them on the ground will sometimes make the dropped item inaccessible.
  • Counselors now place bear traps directly at their feet and will sometimes trigger them upon finalizing the placement action.
  • Audio not always functioning properly - had this happen a few times where doors made no noise at all when opened/closed/being barricaded.

I totally agree with the comments about Victoria's outfit and the dancing emotes too, but this list was just about the bugs I've found.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

That's why I did this thread, at least I want them to know important bugs that are in the game right now since looks like their testers are a lazy monkeys. We need at least a hotfix to solve these bugs, the multiplayer experience right now is awful with these things, I can say it's even worse than the beta.

They complain for various reasons and it's understandable. The animations is too slow, the range is way too short and the cooldown is pretty long. But hey, at least the sound effect and the animation are cool as fuck. 

It's more realistic. It just takes time to get used to, and i'm sure people will become better players after using it for a period of time.

12 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think we all had low expectations, and we were still disappointed. I was at the very least expecting that I'd be guaranteed to play as the counselor I selected in the lobby. And that sounds would play when I barricade doors and perform other actions.

You'll change your opinion on the grab as soon as you come across counselors who actually know how to play.

If you think the majority of people had low expectations, then you must not be in touch. People were low on the fact that it kept getting delayed and that turned people off the game because of broken promises. 

Dude, i play in lobbies that are 300-500 (because of im Australian) So a new grab is nothing compared to dealing with high ping lobbies. I've actually played a few games as Part 7 in 150 lobbies and did better than i did with the new grab.

There are various texture errors. Sometimes textures are not showing on various objects and Roy's hands also glow orange now. 

When you want to switch your weapon for Jason, all of your  grab kills you have equipped will be removed which would make you have to reset them again for all of your Jasons.

A hotfix needs to come out ASAP!

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

If you think the majority of people had low expectations, then you must not be in touch.

How could anyone not have low expectations? The only good updates have been the ones that added new Jasons. I can't remember any new bugs introduced in those updates, they just seemed to work. I knew this update would be a shitshow as soon as it became clear that the rubberbanding bug wasn't going to be fixed.

53 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

How could anyone not have low expectations? The only good updates have been the ones that added new Jasons. I can't remember any new bugs introduced in those updates, they just seemed to work. I knew this update would be a shitshow as soon as it became clear that the rubberbanding bug wasn't going to be fixed.

Lol, at least you can actually drive the car, majority of the lobbies i'm in, driving on a 400 ping is damn near suicide if you have a Jason who knows how to shift. And i've never had the rubberbanding bug happen to me, i've seen it a couple of times, but not to the point where i let it effect me that much. As i said, peoples many complaints were because they kept pushing the the update release. "This games dead" "Release the update aready" etc. I could go on a tirade to you about all the shit i deal with when i play i've played the game that long that i've learnt to enjoy it despite the problems it still has. 

People were impatient for the update because the devs foolishly decided to put everything in one update instead of spacing it out and then skirted around how long it would take. They always wanted people to think it was right around the corner. Anyway, let's not pretend that any of the bugs would have been fixed if the devs had given it another month. They couldn't even catch the character selector not working properly. No amount of time can fix incompetence.

You can go ahead and enjoy the game inspite of its problems. Everyone else is doing the same or trying to do the same. But there's no reason to pretend that things aren't a mess just because you have to deal with bad ping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I remember back in the Sept or October patch they said they “fixed” the voices to match up but it turned out they didn’t. They’re always making shit up.

This update is a glitchy mess. Happy 1 year anniversary woooo ?

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine the bots are fine. If you put them on Hard now you get what you asked for. Not to mention I personally asked for more difficult bots and I wasn't alone. 

I know, they are fine but their items aren't fine. I had a match with them where I morphed to the phone box to put a trap, then I morphed to one car and the battery (and probably the gas since when I morphed to the other car they started it). And we have to mention almost all of them have have at least one pocket knife and firecrackers (some of them have medsprays instead of firecrackers). If the bots were actually more smarter instead of spawning with items would be more cool instead of being the same dumb but now they spawn with items and repair things way more faster.

By the way, I forgot to mention a bug that makes some bots stay still the whole match until you grab them, don't know what happens but it happens.