Lets talk about an underrated but extremely powetful tool.

I love Stalk. The ability to stay quiet, get out of site then Shift+Grab someone is fun. God knows how many people rage quit on me when I do that when then climb back into a house expecting safety but find Death's Loving Embrace. I think it's est when you got poor Stalk and still do that trick.

How about you guys? Any funny Stalking stories?

It helps with Part 4 Jason, and really any Jason. It helps punish those who are predictable, and most of the time if they don't even know you're around, they act even more predictable, so... 

Isn't a sense of satisfactiom when you stalk out of sight, chill and see someone run in or you shift in the same room, go nowhere and see them come back in then kill them. Love it, especially the salt when they rage quit.

I love to make use of my phony morph into stalk play. With a counselor or two in a house, i will “morph” but barely go anywhere. Literally just a few feet away with it. Then i instantly turn on stalk and wait, sometimes even walking back over to the cabin and hiding by a corner. Hearing the person inside say that the coast is clear and warn others to watch out for me as they go to exit the cabin, only for me to grab them illicits the best screams. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stalk, in the right hands, is an amazingly powerful tool and more Jason players should take advantage of the horror movie atmosphere they can generate with it instead of just barreling straight at counselors.

It should be used as a surgeon's scalpel, but sadly most people just use it as a hammer.

I use stalk all the time. Hitting shift grabs with it is the best. I use it to trick people into thinking I'm shifting as well so they often run rampant and lose stamina even faster, or the leap out of cabins back into my hands.

Stalk honestly needs to just be built into Jason from the get go and always active when not in chase, plus making it his last ability unlock is dumb as it would be most powerful early game when councilors are careless.

• Like 2

Don't have to tell me...I've been BEGGING them to swap Stalk and Sense for the better part of a year.

Stalk is great and would make stealth more viable for counselors AND Jason in the early game - something players have been asking for. 

Sense isn't needed as the crutch it currently is. It can be more effective in Stalk's place when you'd really NEED it, since they're less counselors, less noise, etc.

Win/Win. I really want to at least test this, somehow. Would be a great option for Private Matches, along with mini map on/off, part marking on maps on/off, etc...Basically everything should have a toggle for Private Matches. But given the state of the game and how easily bugs occur (new patch counselor selection, for example), I can see why we couldn't trust that to work.

Really makes you appreciate those AAA titles that let you fully customize every aspect of a MP Private Match.

It is my favorite part of the game and I wish Stalk was endless and music only cues when Jason is visible to the counselor. Jason should ALWAYS be in stalk if he isn’t in view. 

I'd rather give Jason the ability to change his power loadout rather then simply swapping sense with stalk. Personally I can't Jason effectively without sense. Some people sure as hell can and they whoop my ass.

But honestly, can you imagine a Jason that starts with Shift? That would be terrifying. It would really shake up the dynamic and add a lot more variety.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Don't have to tell me...I've been BEGGING them to swap Stalk and Sense for the better part of a year.

Stalk is great and would make stealth more viable for counselors AND Jason in the early game - something players have been asking for. 

Sense isn't needed as the crutch it currently is. It can be more effective in Stalk's place when you'd really NEED it, since they're less counselors, less noise, etc.

Win/Win. I really want to at least test this, somehow. Would be a great option for Private Matches, along with mini map on/off, part marking on maps on/off, etc...Basically everything should have a toggle for Private Matches. But given the state of the game and how easily bugs occur (new patch counselor selection, for example), I can see why we couldn't trust that to work.

Really makes you appreciate those AAA titles that let you fully customize every aspect of a MP Private Match.

They need to fix music proximity as well ,other wise Stalk is just ruined and Jason knows where your at regardless.

I love stalk but I can barely use it , when I am wasting more time as I would when I would just chase them. Don´t get me wrong I used stalk like a pro but every second I stand there Stalking them (literally) , I am gonna get punished and the car starts.......

15 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'd like to try this out, or be able to choose the order.

• Like 1

I would love to have stalk swap with sense. Sense is needed, but it makes more... sense, to have it last. lol... at first, Jason is “stalking” his victims. It’s only at the end when all shit has hit the fan does he truly start popping up everywhere. So it would match up better with the movies as well.

please bring us this might gift! 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:03 PM, sedaiv said:

Any funny Stalking stories?

Ever stalked Jason? I run sense avoidance perks so when he can't see me I like to follow and watch (sometimes).

Not really stalking, but I got a good jump scare on a Jason once. He was busting down the barricaded door, I was standing behind the inside door next to it. As soon as he came into sight, I smacked him with the bat. I've never heard a JASON PLAYER scream like that.

As for actual stalking, mostly just the usual shift grab jump scares. Had a few nice morphs that landed me in front of a counselor too. Didn't even need stalk for those.

• Haha 1

Stalk is cool but you get it too late.  I've kinda been thinking about this and this will probably be a hated idea, but oh well.  But, I think I kind of have an idea on how to get rid of strengths and weaknesses of abilities and make the game really interesting.  

Jason starts off with all abilities available like in single player challenges. But, at the beginning of each match all of your abilities are on the negative end.  The longer the match goes on the stronger they get.  At the five minute mark you are at neutral ability strength.  At 8-10 minutes you are at + abilities and get rage.  Idk.  I think it would equal out the Jasons and help with the current speed run meta.  I suppose it could also maybe hinder Jason a bit in the beginning with shitty morph Regen, so maybe hit neutral at 3 minutes in.  It would probably be a nightmare to code this, but I think it would be good for Jason players.  By now everyone knows where parts are (especially on small maps) so I could see this working. 

14 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

They need to fix music proximity as well ,other wise Stalk is just ruined and Jason knows where your at regardless.

Yes. I forgot to mention that part. It would have to be properly paired with the addition of real CHASE music.

No music until you're actively pursuing the counselor.

Stalk is wonderful when used properly. I have caught quite a few counselors with it. Their screams of fright are delightful lol.

I also think that effect that plays (when Jason shifts), should not when Stalk is activated. It’s a dead give away to counselors 

Yeah, pulled off a few great jump scares on people the night after the patch came out, eh @Ghostboy20? A few good screams in there.

I have to re-enable my VOD so clipping is allowed again...

Stalk absolutely needs to come into play sooner. I really think swapping Sense and Stalk is the best solution. I really can't think of any cons to it...You don't need counselors glowing red until late game. Just go to an objective - That's what they gravitate towards, and that's where you should be as Jason anyways...Encounters with counselors happen organically without the need of Sense.

Having it as the last ability before Rage makes sense...It "boosts" your Shift ability by allowing you to see counselors better, and then the range of it just gets kicked into overdrive when Rage enables. I understand some players would have to adjust to lack of Sense at the usual time. But it's an easy adjustment, and I think the added benefit of Stalk early on would easily balance out that issue as well.

Makes sense, right?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, pulled off a few great jump scares on people the night after the patch came out, eh @Ghostboy20? A few good screams in there.

I have to re-enable my VOD so clipping is allowed again...

Stalk absolutely needs to come into play sooner. I really think swapping Sense and Stalk is the best solution. I really can't think of any cons to it...You don't need counselors glowing red until late game. Just go to an objective - That's what they gravitate towards, and that's where you should be as Jason anyways...Encounters with counselors happen organically without the need of Sense.

Having it as the last ability before Rage makes sense...It "boosts" your Shift ability by allowing you to see counselors better, and then the range of it just gets kicked into overdrive when Rage enables. I understand some players would have to adjust to lack of Sense at the usual time. But it's an easy adjustment, and I think the added benefit of Stalk early on would easily balance out that issue as well.

Makes sense, right?

Very Good Idea .Wes came to this thread for a little bit so the idea should have been seen(Also Considering you been posting this idea For months now).

My use of stalk is usually followed by... "I can't believe you fell for that."... which is merely a joke... I fall for it myself often enough.
  It helps a lot with window looping counselors... They don't have many choices... did he morph away? Is he shifting towards me? or is he still just inside the window using stalk?
  I still manage to get some jump scares out of people with it, but you only really know you got the jump scare if they have an open mic.

My biggest issue with stalk is that the counselors can still see you on their mini map when you use it. I think that is based on if the counselor can actually see Jason... but when I play as a counselor... Jason shows on the mini map way too often, even when I am the last person left and he is too far away for me to see on my screen. A stalking Jason will still show on the map in the water when you are driving the boat out... Although this has saved me many times, I do not think counselors should see Jason on the map unless you can actually see him on the screen (not including flare gun use of course)... You cannot see him at all when he is in the water, until that red dot is almost on top of you. Stalk should at least have a better chance of not showing Jason on the mini map if you morph far enough away from everyone... I do not like to hear "I could still see you on the mini map." after I morph ahead of them using stalk and shift back towards them... come to think of it... why can we see Jason shifting on the mini map at all? He is invisible when shifting and should not be shown on the map (unless marked by a flare)... but then car escapes would get much more difficult!!
  Other than that... stalk is extremely useful in many circumstances... as long as you have sense to use in conjunction with it. Stalk is useless without sense to show where counselors are... or at the worst, extremely situational without sense.

@fourkillmaster I do not think Jason's abilities should be altered like that... Morph is needed first and foremost or the cops will be called every time before you can get to the fuse box to trap it. Sense is just good where it is... It takes long enough to get your first shift as it is and I have seen good teams get both cars moving and escape with almost the entire lobby before Jason gets his first shift quite a few times now.... from both sides of play, on small and large maps. Good luck catching a car without access to shift... let alone two of them. Stalk being last is fine... considering the needs of morph and shift... also consider that stalk is useless without sense to show you where counselors are... if you do not know someone is there, you are just wasting your time and your stalk.
   Don't get me wrong, I would still play it... and maybe I am just too used to the abilities as they are now... but I think it would be a waste to have stalk before sense. Someone posted some stalking videos in another thread talking about this a while ago... and their videos just proved my point with their excessive use of sense while in stalk. If you can see them without sense... they can see you. And yes, I have chased down enough counselors with anti sense perks to know how to use sound pings... but you do not always get the sound pings from certain counselors... stealth does work too if you know how to use it.
   Having stalk just built into Jason, in my opinion at least.... is way too much of a buff to Jason.

@Maddogg_8121 Interesting idea you have there... the only problem I see is that + & - abilities for all Jasons would have to be ditched in favor of new strengths and weaknesses. It does sound really overpowered for multi player though... even with all abilities on the negative end, you still have them all at the beginning.... Too many counselor deaths early on in the game will have counselor players up in arms about nerfing Jason... There is already enough people crying (in game) about spawn killing... which is strange, being you cannot kill someone as they spawn... and running away from Jason before he gets shift works every single time.... Unless the Jason player is willing to use a bunch of knives early in the game and is actually a good shot with them.