4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

@Tommy86 - Here, take part in a real discussion about the game instead of blowing up my inbox like a little pissant.

• Image result for this is were it begins

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Stalk is cool but you get it too late.  I've kinda been thinking about this and this will probably be a hated idea, but oh well.  But, I think I kind of have an idea on how to get rid of strengths and weaknesses of abilities and make the game really interesting.  

Jason starts off with all abilities available like in single player challenges. But, at the beginning of each match all of your abilities are on the negative end.  The longer the match goes on the stronger they get.  At the five minute mark you are at neutral ability strength.  At 8-10 minutes you are at + abilities and get rage.  Idk.  I think it would equal out the Jasons and help with the current speed run meta.  I suppose it could also maybe hinder Jason a bit in the beginning with shitty morph Regen, so maybe hit neutral at 3 minutes in.  It would probably be a nightmare to code this, but I think it would be good for Jason players.  By now everyone knows where parts are (especially on small maps) so I could see this working. 

Not bad , to be honest. But no uniqueness to any Jason is kinda a bit too much. Well , I´d like to always use Part IX so yeah.

27 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Maddogg_8121 Interesting idea you have there... the only problem I see is that + & - abilities for all Jasons would have to be ditched in favor of new strengths and weaknesses. It does sound really overpowered for multi player though... even with all abilities on the negative end, you still have them all at the beginning.... Too many counselor deaths early on in the game will have counselor players up in arms about nerfing Jason... There is already enough people crying (in game) about spawn killing... which is strange, being you cannot kill someone as they spawn... and running away from Jason before he gets shift works every single time.... Unless the Jason player is willing to use a bunch of knives early in the game and is actually a good shot with them.

It definitely would be OP, but let's face it...this is Jason.  Not some third rate wannabe.  It is already 7vs1.  Make him OP.  Us counselor mains will get over it.  Escaping Jason or killing him should be a rare occurrence.  Right now it isn't.  It is pretty easy.  

@The Wolf with that Toast the uniqueness would basically just be a skin preference, but isn't that what most of us do anyway?  Plus, it would open slots for other traits such as grip strength, weapon damage, etc.  Idk.  I think Jason needs help and I see this as a way of buffing him.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

@Tommy86 - Here, take part in a real discussion about the game instead of blowing up my inbox like a little pissant.

While I’m at it should I also give you a like so you can slowly climb to 3rd top forum member? Come now Alder, you’re blowing up my inbox just as much after all.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It definitely would be OP, but let's face it...this is Jason.  Not some third rate wannabe.  It is already 7vs1.  Make him OP.  Us counselor mains will get over it.  Escaping Jason or killing him should be a rare occurrence.  Right now it isn't.  It is pretty easy.  

@The Wolf with that Toast the uniqueness would basically just be a skin preference, but isn't that what most of us do anyway?  Plus, it would open slots for other traits such as grip strength, weapon damage, etc.  Idk.  I think Jason needs help and I see this as a way of buffing him.  

Yeah , man! And it is pretty stupid if you can´t use a Jason Skin , when the stats may hinder you.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, pulled off a few great jump scares on people the night after the patch came out, eh @Ghostboy20? A few good screams in there.

Oh yeah that was funny lol They didn't see you coming

15 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Oh yeah that was funny lol They didn't see you coming

That type was my favorite, too. Where you're waiting inside for them.

One of the things I love most about the Single Player Challenges is the level of quiet, tense ambience they were able to achieve. 

From the start of match with Jason having all skills available, namely Stalk. Morphing to an area, peering in through a window, following a target - they really hit it out of the park IMO.

To me, this gives us an idea of the game's potential in what it can deliver regarding that horror feel. I hope, once the repairs are in, we can see this incorporated in to multiplayer in some aspects.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I am not disagreeing at all.... Jason does need to be over powered.
   I am a counselor main too... you can only play Jason so often after all, even with preference on him. While I do not escape every match... I do escape often... and I agree that killing Jason is way too easy, but I don't bother with that very often at all... People have to ask me to participate in a Jason kill. I hardly ever take a swing with any weapon at him unless I need to save someone else and I think the double tap is kind of cheap.... its not like the counselors have an indefensible weakness like this, they do not get stunned and can block at any time. Their impressive ninja like reflexes for blocking throwing knives should be taken out too... unless they want to put in a backstory for these counselors in which they all went to ninja training school since they were six years old.

If they did go with this idea, I would definitely play it... and still escape... sometimes. I think it would really force teamwork as an actual requirement for anyone to escape. I do not think too many people would be running down the timer though... but I am sure there are still many players that could do it. Quick play with randoms would be far more difficult when they cannot work together... which happens a lot.
  I don't know if it would cut down the counselor's speed runs though... forcing teamwork on this level just to survive might make the speed run the best strategy... but at least Jason would have a chance to stop that car that is moving at 1:30 into the match.

Many people have issues with dying in this game though... From some "nerf Jason" posts you get the feeling that there are many that think they should survive every match. There are achievements for dying as a counselor in this game, you would think that is a subtle hint that you will die a lot in this game. It is these people that would have a problem with your idea... and there would be backlash.
   I think it also sounds like a good idea for a "hard mode" for counselors... There is always a concern over splitting the player base with different game modes... but to hell with that! We need more game modes!

As to the strengths and weaknesses, I have seen many Jason players prove that "Cannot Run" is not a weakness... and therefore it can be argued that "Can Run" is not a strength. In my opinion, these should just be passive and leave room open for an actual strength and weakness to be applied in their place... without going overboard on either.

You have to admit though.... Roy just might be a third rate wannabe. Well... maybe second rate wannabe.

• Like 1

Stalk is great. Try this. During a chase try Morphing away from your current target to an objective. Then when you run into that target again Stalk instead. They almost always drop their guard.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I am not disagreeing at all.... Jason does need to be over powered.
   I am a counselor main too... you can only play Jason so often after all, even with preference on him. While I do not escape every match... I do escape often... and I agree that killing Jason is way too easy, but I don't bother with that very often at all... People have to ask me to participate in a Jason kill. I hardly ever take a swing with any weapon at him unless I need to save someone else and I think the double tap is kind of cheap.... its not like the counselors have an indefensible weakness like this, they do not get stunned and can block at any time. Their impressive ninja like reflexes for blocking throwing knives should be taken out too... unless they want to put in a backstory for these counselors in which they all went to ninja training school since they were six years old.

If they did go with this idea, I would definitely play it... and still escape... sometimes. I think it would really force teamwork as an actual requirement for anyone to escape. I do not think too many people would be running down the timer though... but I am sure there are still many players that could do it. Quick play with randoms would be far more difficult when they cannot work together... which happens a lot.
  I don't know if it would cut down the counselor's speed runs though... forcing teamwork on this level just to survive might make the speed run the best strategy... but at least Jason would have a chance to stop that car that is moving at 1:30 into the match.

Many people have issues with dying in this game though... From some "nerf Jason" posts you get the feeling that there are many that think they should survive every match. There are achievements for dying as a counselor in this game, you would think that is a subtle hint that you will die a lot in this game. It is these people that would have a problem with your idea... and there would be backlash.
   I think it also sounds like a good idea for a "hard mode" for counselors... There is always a concern over splitting the player base with different game modes... but to hell with that! We need more game modes!

As to the strengths and weaknesses, I have seen many Jason players prove that "Cannot Run" is not a weakness... and therefore it can be argued that "Can Run" is not a strength. In my opinion, these should just be passive and leave room open for an actual strength and weakness to be applied in their place... without going overboard on either.

You have to admit though.... Roy just might be a third rate wannabe. Well... maybe second rate wannabe.

Gave you a like for that post.  I agree.  And to the point made about some feeling it would be too much for Jason: screw them.  This is a game about Jason.  Let him do his thing.  I don't escape every match either.  Mostly because I'm either messing with Jason expecting to die or I'm working to get others out.  Or I'm running to Jason to save someone else's ass.  I'm good with that.  I'm level 150.  I don't need the xp or the ego stroking that making it out gives ya.  But, yeah.  There would be backlash.  Oh well.  People will adapt or stop playing.  Either way is fine. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

That type was my favorite, too. Where you're waiting inside for them.

They were sooo salty lol "Oh you got me good job." You could taste the salt off how he said that so annoyed 

Stalk is great, and could be better. It has been said before.

1. Stalk before Sense

2. Chase music only in a chase or at MAX Fear (no mini-map)

3. Jason doesn't show on maps unless marked with a Flare Gun.

Just about everyone would have to carry a spare pair of undies and the tension in matches would be so much greater.

Oh, and lets not forget:

4. Counselors will not scream out when Jason approaches in Shift. The can't see him after all. Why do they have to scream and ruin you sneaky approach. The tip-ff really tanks a lot of great jump scare opportunities.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 12:03 AM, sedaiv said:

Lets talk about an underrated but extremely powetful tool.

I love Stalk. The ability to stay quiet, get out of site then Shift+Grab someone is fun. God knows how many people rage quit on me when I do that when then climb back into a house expecting safety but find Death's Loving Embrace. I think it's est when you got poor Stalk and still do that trick.

How about you guys? Any funny Stalking stories?

I got one.

It was on Pinehurst with a friend who is new to this game, he was on a house closing the front door me, i was coming from back door there was a closed door between us, he though that he hear someone walk so he stopped walking to listen so i've stop walking, i was behind the door with stalk. Then he opened the door to see me grab him he was surprised.

Stalk is a very powerful tool many randoms seem to find it useless he is not.

• Haha 1

i usually break phone house doors down at the beginning so i can use stalk+shift later and would be cop callers. i actually saw someone fixing phone with sense shifted into house quickly put on stalk and almost died  of pure pleasure when said wannabe snitch came around corner into his ultimate demise and could hear his little girly screams of fright!! 

Stalk is useless without sense.

How effective you use stalk is largely dependent on sense. So if you stalk someone outside, you need sense on the whole time. Otherwise how else can Jason see counselors through obstacles? Sounds does not help.

If you put stalk before sense, then not only will it be easier to hide from Jason, but it will also be easier for counselors to hide, then tank traps or do objectives when he leaves. Sense is important for Jason to know the whereabouts early game, so he can chase them away and not get fucked over quickly. 

If I'm Jason, I do not want to be checking every tree, rock and every room to see if someone is trying to rush an objective when I need to morph away and set traps at other locations.

So keeping it the way it is, is better. If they want to improve stealth for counselors, they should find other means.