beaubomb33

Xbox microphone issue post 5/24 patch

I too, am having the same issue. I can hear people, and my mic lights up, but they cannot hear me. I just started playing this game because of my sister, and it works fine for her. We share the same Xbox one, different profiles, but I am having the issue with not being heard in game chat. Help!!!

13 hours ago, nud3vista said:

I too, am having the same issue. I can people, and my mic lights up, but they cannot hear me. I just started playing this game because of my sister, and it works fine for her. We share the same Xbox one, different profiles, but I am having the issue with not being heard in game chat. Help!!!

I tried everything. Reinstalling the game, unlinking and relinking my controller. I did the settings change that Shiffy said. I find it interesting that it works for your sister but not for you and you use the same xbox. Maybe compare settings? if you figure anything out please post here.

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

I tried everything. Reinstalling the game, unlinking and relinking my controller. I did the settings change that Shiffy said. I find it interesting that it works for your sister but not for you and you use the same xbox. Maybe compare settings? if you figure anything out please post here.

Today's update:

Tried everything mentioned in this thread, still to no avail. I made sure my settings were identical to my sister's settings, and it didn't work. My sister suggested that I call Xbox support to see if I had reputation issues or some form of a communication ban... And even Xbox was confused as to why I'm not able to chat in game. Party chat while playing works, playing other games and using game chat works, but in game chat on Friday the 13th doesn't work. I am about to give up, and play on my sister's account, lol. 

Best of luck with getting a working solution!

@NthnButAGoodTime The post that you recommended here isn't a fix, he was just explaining how to do what someone else suggested (which didn't work).

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

@NthnButAGoodTime The post that you recommended here isn't a fix, he was just explaining how to do what someone else suggested (which didn't work).

Bummer. I pulled the recommendation.

I am in the Alpha Quick Start preview program on Xbox One and have an Xbox One X. This solution may not work for you.

For the past week or more I have been having issues where my Turtle Beach Stealth 700 microphone is not registering to where I cannot talk and I sometimes cannot hear others speak.

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION! YMMV

When attempting to troubleshoot this problem I found a post online where someone mentioned plugging a wired headset/headphones into an Xbox One controller to get the Audio tab and microphone on/off toggle to show up in the System screen on Xbox One which is hidden by default when using a wireless headset. So I tried it and it works.

TUTORIAL:

1. Go into Party Chat so you can easily see if your microphone is detected/working.

2. Turn off your wireless headset.

3. Plug in a wired headset/headphones (mic not required) into the 3.5mm port on the bottom of your controller or chatpad.

4. Wait for the Xbox to recognize the headphones so that the mic not detected warning in Party chat disappears, even if you are using headphones that do not have a mic.

5. Press the Guide button to pull up the menu and tab over to the right to System.

6. Click on Audio. 

7. Toggle the Headset mic option On/Off.

8. Disconnect the wired headset/headphones.

9. Turn on your wireless headset.

10. The Mic should now be working and you should be able to hear others speak.

YMMV, I don't know if this will solve the problem for anyone else. I was having this microphone issue outside of F13 and it was affecting me overall on Xbox Live. I have had this happen at least half a dozen times in the past week or more and this solution works every time. I was on the Turtle Beach web site and they had a disclaimer talking about people on Xbox having issues with their mic and that they were working on trying to fix the problem. I did update the firmware on the headset last week but that did not resolve the issue.

Good luck.