beaubomb33

Xbox microphone issue post 5/24 patch

3 minutes ago, TreeP said:

Yeah I don't have push/to X - I also don't use mic. It's purely receiving game chat audio. Ok ty

Wow I can't believe how stupid I am sometimes... I have the same issue but didn't realize it because I plug in my headset. Check your audio settings and make sure it's set to play voice chat through speakers. If that doesn't work try speakers and headset.

28 minutes ago, TreeP said:

I have the option of deleting my saved data, but obviously I'm not going to do that because it would delete my save.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

heres my experience from myself and other players

your mic bonds to your profile at login, I am unable to make my second profile use my mic, I am using usb / wireless, however I found the same to be true with wired controller. I have only tried this recently.

1. make sure your xbox signs in from the start with the profile you want to use to play the game it will need to be gold, and don't sign any other in, don't go profile switching either, even if party chat works fine, game chat has issues for F13th

2. make sure you are not chat banned, I saw this from a friend who has never done anything to get banned so I don't know why he got the temp ban on his account.

3. join a fresh lobby, lobbies age and pickup glitches, get your friends to make a brand new lobby and invitie you right away, ive seen this a lot, also now playable slots are sometimes getting glitched and the "join through profile" seems to be broke so now its "message for invite"

4. make sure game chat and voice chat are both on and one isn't muted

5. oh and go to audio settings in f13 settings and make sure they are all turned up a bit

I don't care about game share savini, but if you want to give me a valid code ill take it even thought I hate that jason

1 hour ago, AshTray900 said:

heres my experience from myself and other players

your mic bonds to your profile at login, I am unable to make my second profile use my mic, I am using usb / wireless, however I found the same to be true with wired controller. I have only tried this recently.

1. make sure your xbox signs in from the start with the profile you want to use to play the game it will need to be gold, and don't sign any other in, don't go profile switching either, even if party chat works fine, game chat has issues for F13th

2. make sure you are not chat banned, I saw this from a friend who has never done anything to get banned so I don't know why he got the temp ban on his account.

3. join a fresh lobby, lobbies age and pickup glitches, get your friends to make a brand new lobby and invitie you right away, ive seen this a lot, also now playable slots are sometimes getting glitched and the "join through profile" seems to be broke so now its "message for invite"

4. make sure game chat and voice chat are both on and one isn't muted

5. oh and go to audio settings in f13 settings and make sure they are all turned up a bit

I don't care about game share savini, but if you want to give me a valid code ill take it even thought I hate that jason

Can't be chat banned - I've never used it via mic. I actually thought this might be a salt mine issue, but it's not.  I'm using a wireless controller.

I don't tend to switch profiles etc - but really this shouldn't be an issue. Nothing like this happened pre update.

I'll keep trying when I've redownloaded the game. If I can get a fix, I'll genuinely give people who've tried to help savini.

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

If you can fix the thread title I'll give you......

......the answer.

I bet you can't

chat banned is an XB1 thing I think, I don't know if F13th has their own for XB1.

Ill have to check my xbox later but I think there is an option to keep everyone mute in game to allow you to play micless and not hear the trash talk if you let your kids play etc, check those settings, then check party chat and verify good xb1 commmunication

It's weird. You always get sad people like this on these forums who try to troll.

These are my audio settings, but doesn't seem like any would apply to your issue. I have heard of people having issues tied to there gamer tag. Try logging in with a different gamer tag and test. If don't have one to test out try logging out of gamer tag, rebooting xbox then logging back in.

soundSettings.JPG

What a failed attempt at a clickbait title, first of all. I don't think anyone here cares that much to rush to your aid for a fire boy, especially when there are a handful of us who got Savini from the Kickstarter. Just ask for help normally, it's way more respectable.

As for your issue, just delete your save like everyone is telling you to. I'm 90% sure that your data is serverside and won't just disappear if you uninstall and delete the save file. It's like that on PC, I'm not sure why they wouldn't do the same on XBox.

1 minute ago, al1ve said:

I'm 90% sure that your data is serverside

I can say with 100% certainty that you're correct.

Bad news - none of those solutions worked. Even after my second time reinstalling.

Good news - I found a fix. I plugged a headset in and it works, but only on headset. I still can't get chat voices via stereo like pre update (definitely a bug related update feature) but at least now it works in some form.

1 hour ago, TreeP said:

Bad news - none of those solutions worked. Even after my second time reinstalling.

Good news - I found a fix. I plugged a headset in and it works, but only on headset. I still can't get chat voices via stereo like pre update (definitely a bug related update feature) but at least now it works in some form.

That sucks. I'm also on xbox and having the same issue since the update.

17 hours ago, TreeP said:

So I fixed your problem, right?

19 hours ago, Truth said:

Wow I can't believe how stupid I am sometimes... I have the same issue but didn't realize it because I plug in my headset. Check your audio settings and make sure it's set to play voice chat through speakers. If that doesn't work try speakers and headset.

I'll play around with it and see if I can find a fix. Thanks for making me realize  I was having this problem lol

Edit: Just found this potential fix. @TheHansonGoons any chance that person from the shadow realm can explain how to do that? I'm not at my xbox so I can't look into it, but I don't recall seeing any setting like that...

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

a person from the shadow realm has delivered this message to you about your technical question:

"Someone tell him to disable quick boot on Xbox. This fixed most of my communication issues. Takes longer to boot console but it worked for me"

1 hour ago, Truth said:

So I fixed your problem, right?

I'll play around with it and see if I can find a fix. Thanks for making me realize  I was having this problem lol

Edit: Just found this potential fix. @TheHansonGoons any chance that person from the shadow realm can explain how to do that? I'm not at my xbox so I can't look into it, but I don't recall seeing any setting like that...

I have sent the message out to the Netherworld.  As soon as  I have a response I will let you know. I am curious about it as well. I remeber the auto playback option, wonder if it is related. Thought that only affected disc play though.

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have sent the message out to the Netherworld.  As soon as  I have a response I will let you know. I am curious about it as well. I remember the auto playback option, wonder if it is related. Thought that only affected disc play though.

I know you usually use your mic, but are you having this problem too? I have to admit, I never really spent too much time looking through the settings.

Hello there, I have the same problem as well :(

Got the same problem in here! My mic works fine in other games, I can even use my mic to send audio message, or with Cortana, but since the Update my Mic doesn't work anymore. I could care less about the little glitches in the game, but this, it's really annoying!!!! :(

24 minutes ago, FireKitten14119 said:

I did try all these steps and still no luck 😢

You set your xbox to energy saving mode as well?

Set your xbox to energy saving mode. That's the dev sponsored fix apparently. I didn't get to try it out yesterday, so I can't confirm. Please let us know if it works!

I've been unable to hear chat since before the update on PC. Verified files, uninstalled and reinstalled, checked some of these XBox solutions and I've even tried some of them using a variety of headsets. Still haven't figured it out. 

The weirdest thing though is since I've not been able to hear chat I do, on occasion, hear 1 or 2 players in a match and I swear it never fails that it's someone with a high ping and outside the US. Almost always.

Although, I can always see the prompt that indicates someone is speaking. 

When I see that prompt showing up in a frenzy between 5 players, or see the one that shows up and never goes off, I suddenly find myself not caring so much I can't hear them.

Don't miss the squeakers. Don't miss the belchers. Don't miss the obscenely sexual comments, or the derogatory name calling. But what I don't miss the most are those people that just keep talking while they eat. 

Anyways I'm thinking it's something with the PC and not the game. Of course if I fix it the moment I hear someone smacking their lips while they're chomping on fucking Cheetos as they explain why Part 2 Jason has a bag on his head I might just undo the fix.

5 hours ago, FireKitten14119 said:

Ok, I just tried with the energy save mode and it didn't work 😢 oh well, no biggie, I guess they'll fix it in the future!

I can't say I really expected that to work... Any other ideas @ShiftySamurai?

Edit: not working for me either.