beaubomb33

Xbox microphone issue post 5/24 patch

xbox 1: ive reset my xbox and redownloed the game and still have problem

Noone can hear me when im in a game, my mic icon lights up when I talk but everyones saying they cant hear me.

My mic works in every other game, and works in party chat. It just doesnt work in Friday the 13th game chat. 

Like I said the mic icon lights up everything looks like it works, but NOONE can hear me, I even tried yelling, still noone can hear me.

And I read somthing about rockband usb being plugged in yada yada , But ive never played that.

Please give me a solution I cant play without talking its no fun.

Try restarting your computer, check your mic settings, uninstall the game and reinstall it if nothing else hope that works for you.

thanks for trying to help me i forgot to mention im on xbox 1 and ive redownloaded the game already and reset my xbox still not working though 

14 hours ago, shearvi said:

xbox 1: ive reset my xbox and redownloed the game and still have problem

Noone can hear me when im in a game, my mic icon lights up when I talk but everyones saying they cant hear me.

My mic works in every other game, and works in party chat. It just doesnt work in Friday the 13th game chat. 

Like I said the mic icon lights up everything looks like it works, but NOONE can hear me, I even tried yelling, still noone can hear me.

And I read somthing about rockband usb being plugged in yada yada , But ive never played that.

Please give me a solution I cant play without talking its no fun.

same exact issue... why isn't this being made a priority???? I could care less about item glitches or Jason's new grab... I just wanna play the damn game the way it was intended to be played and that's with communication. it's frustrating that my mic has never glitched out UNTIL I downloaded the update and now I'm removed from every single lobby because my mic lights up but doesn't pick up what I've said

yea its really annoying im still trying to find answers if i find it ill let you know, if you find it please let me know aswell

This is also a problem on PC. Turning off "push to talk" fixes is on PC. 

Hello fellow gamers. I am playing Friday the 13th the game on the XBOX ONE. Ever since the newest update has happened, my game chat isn't working properly. I can hear other people talking but they cannot hear me. The microphone icon for my name pops up everytime I talk, yet the chat cannot hear me and not respond to me. I am having trouble wondering how to fix this issue, PLEASE HELP. 

There have been a couple threads like this pop up today.... all Xbox related with the same problem. There is a mic bug on the PC like this as well, its been there for a while. We can fix it by turning off push to talk... but in one of the other threads I mentioned, I mentioned this and the person replied saying this does not work on Xbox.
   I have not yet noticed anything else that could help you with this.

Also... welcome to the forums.... I suppose I should mention this before someone else does.... you are required to make an introduction post in the introduce yourself section.

completely reset the xbox to factory settings including game downloads... new controller... new mic... re-download of Friday... different account on live & I still can't voice communicate

this bug is the definition of HIV/AIDS!!!

Savini Jason

I can't hear anyone else on voice chat. I can see they're speaking but alas, I cannot hear them since the update.

Since the developers won't respond, I thought I might ask y'll

(XB1)

I don't play on Xbox...

But @Truth might be able to help you with this.

As for Savini... Nah! I'm good...

4 minutes ago, TreeP said:

Savini Jason

I can't hear anyone else on voice chat. I can see they're speaking but alas, I cannot hear them since the update.

(XB1)

• Image result for did you try turning it off and on again
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Gloved One said:
  • Image result for did you try turning it off and on again

Yeah and reinstalling

21 minutes ago, TreeP said:

If they had a fix that worked consistently, they would mention it. 

Try uninstalling AND deleting your game file. You won't lose your save doing this, so it's worth a shot. I'm suggesting this because it's fixed other issues people are reporting.

@Freddie Mercury I got Savini from the Xbox leak, but I'm always happy to help when I can.

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

If they had a fix that worked consistently, they would mention it. 

Try uninstalling AND deleting your game file. You won't lose your save doing this, so it's worth a shot. I'm suggesting this because it's fixed other issues people are reporting.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the option of deleting my saved data, but obviously I'm not going to do that because it would delete my save.

Just now, TreeP said:

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the option of deleting my saved data, but obviously I'm not going to do that because it would delete my save.

Deleting the save file only removes it from your system. It's still saved to your account. I had to do that to get the disc dlc to work on my digital copy. 

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Deleting the save file only removes it from your system. It's still saved to your account. I had to do that to get the disc dlc to work on my digital copy. 

I'll do this with one of my other XB accounts. I've deleted it (game and data) and reinstall it should have the same effect?

1 minute ago, TreeP said:

I'll do this with one of my other XB accounts. I've deleted it (game and data) and reinstall it should have the same effect?

Probably. Like I said, I don't know that it will fix the problem. That's just one thing that people are saying fixed other issues. Figured it's worth a shot.

I remember a couple different sound settings I had to disable when patch came out as it reset everything back to default options. Review and make sure there isn't anything in there causing issue. You get game sounds just not the voice chat sounds?

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I remember a couple different sound settings I had to disable when patch came out as it reset everything back to default options. Review and make sure there isn't anything in there causing issue. You get game sounds just not the voice chat sounds?

I've fondled the voice chat settings many times. I get every sound possible apart from proximity chat voices. I can see they're talking (on my screen the voice icon activates) yet there are no sounds. If I may ask what are your audio settings?

Im on pc, but under audio there were 3 different settings at bottom that were all set to on, and I turned them all off. 1 had to do with push to talk, other might have been push to listen. I dont remember exactly. I can check later and let you know. settings may be different then on xbox though not 100% sure.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Im on pc, but under audio there were 3 different settings at bottom that were all set to on, and I turned them all off. 1 had to do with push to talk, other might have been push to listen. I dont remember exactly. I can check later and let you know. settings may be different then on xbox though not 100% sure.

Yeah I don't have push/to X - I also don't use mic. It's purely receiving game chat audio. Ok ty