Some people on here must've expected WAAAAY TOO MUCH from this latest patch. We got members saying they are done playing F13:TG and that the Devs have disappointed them. I get that. I understand their grievances. I'm "picking up what they putting down" if you catch my drift. But I would also like to point some things out..........

1- Why would anyone expect a miracle when it came to this patch? We've been seeing exactly this kind of performance from GM & IllFonic for the entirety of this project. The only thing they done right so far was the campaign that pitched the idea. It made TONS of cash and these guys now have a successful public persona. Win-Win (for them).

2- You know they don't care about the things said in these forums. They read them. They occasionally respond but they are never TRULY active here........and it's their forum!! THAT should tell y'all something!!! Have a great idea that 80% of people are with you on? They might use it. Have an idea YOU think is great and nobody else comments. They ain't even read your thread, homie. You wanna get their attention? Don't tag them, cause they have rules against "excessive" tagging. Don't complain too much, your thread might get shut down. The key to getting them to hear you is to get 80% of the forum to agree with you. They seem to listen when larger numbers of people are on the same page. It's like they understand it better.

3- Glitches, Glitches, Glitches. They've been here from Day 1. They ain't going away. Pushing content has been part of the program since the very first patch and this forum is to be thanked for that. Congrats to you all!!! 70% of the people here come to complain about this and that, the small things THEY see wrong. "This game should....." or "This could be......." Hardly anyone comes here to really drive home the points that SHOULD be bitched about. It's always "We need this added!!" and it's never "When the fuck are y'all gonna fix??" Y'all know every time they add stuff the whole rest of the game goes to shit.........but there's consistently someone asking for new content. You deserve a broke game for that.

4- Has this been locked yet? Cause that's how these types of things go around here. Just as soon as some REAL shit gets said........ LOCKED. 

I'm sure there will be some backlash for this. From every direction too. I'm sure Devs, Mods and Members alike will all have some negative shit to say or shut me down. Every time I come to the forum and say some shit people don't like I end up having game issues. I wouldn't put it past Gun Media to "throw me in the Mines" or make sure my account has connectivity issues with their 1 server. I also don't put it passed the Mods to lock this thread. I actually EXPECT members to talk shit so y'all have at it. 

But know this..........

I backed this protect. I play this game almost every day. I enjoy it, for the most part, and when you are with a great group of players ( @Thatguyinktown @Alkavian @Zaneygrrl @Risinggrave and the rest of the Friday on Thursday crew) THEY make it even better.........cause THAT is really what this game is about. "Finding good people who love this franchise and who want to have a good time".

Y'all want Gun Media to fix the glitches? Quit begging for Reggie and that dog and start banding together to demand proper fixes. Quit bitching about every small thing you can find that only makes YOU mad and start bitching about the stuff that WE ALL get mad about. MAYBE they will take you, these forums, the game and themselves more seriously after that. (Maybe they won't. They already got paid)

(Blindfold me, give me a cigarette. I'm ready for the firing squad now)

Firingsquad2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Some people on here must've expected WAAAAY TOO MUCH from this latest patch. We got members saying they are done playing F13:TG and that the Devs have disappointed them. I get that. I understand their grievances. I'm "picking up what they putting down" if you catch my drift. But I would also like to point some things out..........

1- Why would anyone expect a miracle when it came to this patch? We've been seeing exactly this kind of performance from GM & IllFonic for the entirety of this project. The only thing they done right so far was the campaign that pitched the idea. It made TONS of cash and these guys now have a successful public persona. Win-Win (for them).

2- You know they don't care about the things said in these forums. They read them. They occasionally respond but they are never TRULY active here........and it's their forum!! THAT should tell y'all something!!! Have a great idea that 80% of people are with you on? They might use it. Have an idea YOU think is great and nobody else comments. They ain't even read your thread, homie. You wanna get their attention? Don't tag them, cause they have rules against "excessive" tagging. Don't complain too much, your thread might get shut down. The key to getting them to hear you is to get 80% of the forum to agree with you. They seem to listen when larger numbers of people are on the same page. It's like they understand it better.

3- Glitches, Glitches, Glitches. They've been here from Day 1. They ain't going away. Pushing content has been part of the program since the very first patch and this forum is to be thanked for that. Congrats to you all!!! 70% of the people here come to complain about this and that, the small things THEY see wrong. "This game should....." or "This could be......." Hardly anyone comes here to really drive home the points that SHOULD be bitched about. It's always "We need this added!!" and it's never "When the fuck are y'all gonna fix??" Y'all know every time they add stuff the whole rest of the game goes to shit.........but there's consistently someone asking for new content. You deserve a broke game for that.

4- Has this been locked yet? Cause that's how these types of things go around here. Just as soon as some REAL shit gets said........ LOCKED. 

I'm sure there will be some backlash for this. From every direction too. I'm sure Devs, Mods and Members alike will all have some negative shit to say or shut me down. Every time I come to the forum and say some shit people don't like I end up having game issues. I wouldn't put it past Gun Media to "throw me in the Mines" or make sure my account has connectivity issues with their 1 server. I also don't put it passed the Mods to lock this thread. I actually EXPECT members to talk shit so y'all have at it. 

But know this..........

I backed this protect. I play this game almost every day. I enjoy it, for the most part, and when you are with a great group of players ( @Thatguyinktown @Alkavian @Zaneygrrl @Risinggrave and the rest of the Friday on Thursday crew) THEY make it even better.........cause THAT is really what this game is about. "Finding good people who love this franchise and who want to have a good time".

Y'all want Gun Media to fix the glitches? Quit begging for Reggie and that dog and start banding together to demand proper fixes. Quit bitching about every small thing you can find that only makes YOU mad and start bitching about the stuff that WE ALL get mad about. MAYBE they will take you, these forums, the game and themselves more seriously after that. (Maybe they won't. They already got paid)

(Blindfold me, give me a cigarette. I'm ready for the firing squad now)

Firingsquad2.jpg

That was very inspiring. I still might not play this game anymore

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can we stop with these drama thread titles that don't say anything? And my lord, there's a lot of words here for something that we've all seen already. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

That was very inspiring. I still might not play this game anymore

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. Thanks, Po-Po.

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Can we stop with these drama thread titles that don't say anything? And my lord, there's a lot of words here for something that we've all seen already. 

I feel like we get along most of the time, Washington, but to be straight up with you...... This thread ain't about drama, it's about truth and if you can't see it, you're as blind as Gun Media is to the same truths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Y'all want Gun Media to fix the glitches? Quit begging for Reggie and that dog and start banding together to demand proper fixes.

A few points, my good man:

1. I don't demand anything. I request it. Honey and vinegar, and all that loveliness . . .
  2. I guarantee you "proper fixes" are on the forefront of their minds, without our demands. Hence the reason things like Paranoia have been shelved for now. I feel confident the next patch will focus almost entirely on "proper fixes."
  3. I am not begging for Reggie. What do you take me for, sir?!?!
  4. I -- well, okay, yeah, I'm begging for Muffin.

• Haha 2

I think the reason a lot of people expected a functional game after this update was because of the new engine. And a lot of the backlash is because the game is even more broken than before, although this isn't the first time that has happened. It's disheartening to wait 4+ months for floating bodies and ragdoll physics. I'm at least hoping the new engine makes bug fixes quicker and we see patches (that actually do something) rolling out more consistently.

But I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

@BrokenFattHardy Would you like me to light that cigarette for you?

Seriously though, I'm not surprised that people have been complaining about the recent patch, it happens every single time the devs release something new. People immediately look at the negatives, and don't give much light on the positives in their complaints.

There's not much I can say, except... Haters gonna hate....

giphy.gif

(It you don't like the gif, I can remove it for you)?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

It's funny when people call out others for focusing on the negative and ignoring the positive, yet they don't state what the positives are. Seriously, other than new content, what came out of this update that was positive? They fixed bugs that weren't really affecting anyone and ignored bugs that people come here and bitch about on the daily. And made more bugs lol

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Seriously though, I'm not surprised that people have been complaining about the recent patch, it happens every single time the devs release something new. People immediately look at the negatives, and don't give much light on the positives in their complaints.

giphy.gif

Yeah i have to agree i mean i'm not happy about the new grab and how it locks you in but overall i am happy with a lot of what has been done such as the single player, and new improved offline bots as well as the graphics. I also love the gif btw it's bad balls bro.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

giphy.gif

(If you light it, it'll be my first cig in years)

I'm not surprised either. I used to do my fair share of complaining here but I got backlash for it. I still do (as you'll see).

And I NEVER have problems with gifs (or you, Freddie)

This game is absolutely broken. I also believe if gun media didn't have the Friday the 13th license then no one would still be playing

This is actually constructive compared to that ridiculous “RIP F13” thread.

You make some really good points. Another big problem is, is that PC players are hacking the game (and streaming it) by unlocking Jason X, giving themselves CP, and editing files to prevent them from being put in the salt mines. All this has been happening, but it doesn’t seem like Gun Media has taken any action against these exploiters. That makes them look like they don’t care about their own game. That’s not the kind of message a company should be sending about their own product.

I really enjoy this game, especially when I’m playing with friends. But if Gun Media wants to prevent F13 from losing more players from their already dwindling player base, they need to make some major changes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mgeoff88 said:

This is actually constructive compared to that ridiculous “RIP F13” thread.

You make some really good points. Another big problem is, is that PC players are hacking the game (and streaming it) by unlocking Jason X, giving themselves CP, and editing files to prevent them from being put in the salt mines. All this has been happening, but it doesn’t seem like Gun Media has taken any action against these exploiters. That makes them look like they don’t care about their own game. That’s not the kind of message a company should be sending about their own product.

I really enjoy this game, especially when I’m playing with friends. But if Gun Media wants to prevent F13 from losing more players from their already dwindling player base, they need to make some major changes.

Woah well that's news to me! Lord! Who's running around using Jason X???

I don't want any of you thinking I'm in here saying "I'm done playing" cause I ain't. I love playing the game, even with the glitches. I haven't always, but I'm willing to accept what I have and hope things get better. This thread was to point out that this patch is no different than any other and to ask why did everyone expect it to be.

I don't see what so many people are complaining about I played last night for about 3 hours and the first thing I noticed was not once in a match did the host disconnect. I've never ever played this game more than an hour without an asshole host either being killed or about to be and they kill the lobby. 90% of this games problems in my opinion has been the dipshits playing it, if they're going in a direction to get that under control it's a plus to me. The game looks better to me too, it's a little dark but I turned the gamma up to 2.8 and it's fine. To me Jason's grab with his little steps he takes now looks more realistic. I had completely quit playing this game and gone totally to Dead by Daylight now I think I may split my time between the 2. A few tweaks here and there to some glitches and dedicated servers they may actually have something. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

This is the key to longterm in my opinion. I love the franchise. I love the game. At it's heart, it's very simple, but it works. The thing that will keep me invested is the people. A lucky player will get in with a good group and as long as that group sticks it out? Everything is golden. 

I've only had limited time playing with the new patch, and none of it vs real people. If it's as broken as it was when Jason was the victim, I'm likely to fold camp. Otherwise I'll stick it out. Even with the game drops/dashboarding, glitches, and technical issues, I've had a blast overall. This patch surely can't be worse than it was back then?

I'm hoping Gun/IllFonic do get more on refinement than new bells and whistles. We need some basics, sure. New kills, maps, maybe even some clothes that make sense. But moreso than new toys we need the stuff we already own to work. We need to have Gun implement proactive means of dealing with griefers because even more than technical issues, bad people are what are going to doom this game. 

9 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

This game is absolutely broken. I also believe if gun media didn't have the Friday the 13th license then no one would still be playing

Eh. What's worse now than back in December? 

As far as the latter comment, I'm iffy. I may not have bought in as fast, but I do like the mechanics. Granted if it wasn't that I lucked out in meeting the groups I have, I'm inclined to agree with you. 

19 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Day 2 and Steam is still going strong. Basically the same numbers as yesterday. 

And I'm happy about that. I'm happy people are playing but goddamn........don't you get tired of the same bullshit over and over?

Here's the usual running order......

Announcement

Speculation from players

Beg for new content

The long ass wait

Bitching

Announcement

OVER Excitement

Release

More glitches

More bitching

Hotfix

More glitches

Radio silence

Beg for new content

The Waiting

New Announcement

More bitching

Minor fix

New glitches

I mean, FUCK....... When can we break the cycle? Why not just expect shit to be a little fucked up, hope they fix it and play. We've been playing a broke game for a fucking year so yesterday's patch only made the game we've been playing for a year seem exactly like the game we've been playing.......except now Chad has no eyebrows and everyone is made of plastic.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

(If you light it, it'll be my first cig in years)

Well, here you go my broken brother!

giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, pilospc said:

Yeah i have to agree i mean i'm not happy about the new grab and how it locks you in but overall i am happy with a lot of what has been done such as the single player, and new improved offline bots as well as the graphics. I also love the gif btw it's bad balls bro.

I thought the patch was good overall, the only issue I have with it is the bugs.

Apart from that, I'm liking it so far.

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Well,here you go my broken brother!

giphy.gif

I thought the patch was a good one, the only issue I have with it is the bugs.

Is it only the bugs that bother you? You mean the bugs that fuck up the game?

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Well,here you go my broken brother!

giphy.gif

I thought the patch was a good one, the only issue I have with it is the bugs.

200.gif

Thanks, @Freddie Mercury

I'll agree. I'm happy with yesterday's patch, with the exception of the old glitches not being fixed AND the introduction of new bugs (but I also expected these things so there is no anger about them with me. I expected them.)

The game has been in bad shape for a while. So many of cling longer then we should have due to love for the IP or love of the concept of the game. Luckily enough other good games have come out to fill the gap in some ways, but I just want to enjoy a F13 that not so damm broken.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigblue2581 said:

Is it only the bugs that bother you? You mean the bugs that fuck up the game?

Yes, the bugs are the only thing I hate about this patch...

Do i think they break the game? Imo, no. They don't break the game at all(well, not yet anyways).