Thatguyinktown

After the 5/24 patch, would you recommend this game to a friend?

After the 5/24 patch, would you recommend this game to a friend?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. After the 5/24 patch, would you recommend this game to a friend?

• Yes
    • No

Considering the game state now, would you recommend it to others?

Personally, I'm going to say no. The glitches introduced in the new patch are not acceptable for a game that is already 1 year old. In addition, the attitude from GUN and Illfonic regarding their fan base is appalling, and it shows that they can't take criticism on their product, and have insulated themselves. 

The fact that on PC, Uber Jason and his new kills, as well as salt points being accessed by hackers within minutes proves that either the game is either not as well programmed as other games, or that the playerbase's expertise exceeds that of Gun and Illfonic, or possibly both. I'd be embarrassed if this was my product, and I cannot tell anyone considering this game to stick it out. It's been a year now, I don't see any evidence that it's going to get better

I think we should give it a few days to really test things out before making that opinion.

Then again, I haven't really gotten to play yet...

37 minutes ago, Truth said:

I think we should give it a few days to really test things out before making that opinion.

Then again, I haven't really gotten to play yet...

It's an absolute mess, trust me. Of course you expect new bugs with an engine overhaul but the sheer amount of new bugs and glitches with this patch is unacceptable really. It's like playing a badly programmed fan mod.

They did a great job with single player challenges tho! Metal Gear Jason mode is super awesome.

• Like 1

I was actually showing a co-worker some new youtube videos from yesterday and they are going to be getting the game tonight after work. I have played my share of online games the past 22 years and I can tell you they all have numerous bugs. F13 has a lot of bugs, but it is also a very fun game to play with friends and group members. 

• Like 4

Leaning towards "no". Which is sad because I have previously recommended the game and serveral friends of mine have bought it. Some recently.

That said, I'll give this patch a little more time before I make up my mind fully on this.

Yeah. Though there are definitely fixes to be made, none of the bugs or changes I've encountered have been enough to make me not enjoy the core game mechanics. I've played my fair share of online games, and I've encountered much, much worse. I still enjoy playing and I hope that they'll learn from any mistakes and continue tweaking it until they find the sweet spot.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

Metal Gear Jason mode is super awesome. 

Hitman, actually.

And no, I wouldn't recommend the game, at least not at full price. Actually, I'd never have recommended this game at full price at any point in its history. I more than got my money's worth, but not everyone is willing to put up with beta-at-best tier stability and gameplay for $40 when polished AAA games can sell for that price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I'd recommend this game to a friend, but I'd tell them to wait for a sale.

Honestly I wonder if people on this forum play anything other than F13?

Sadly glitches and balance issues are all to common in muiltiplayer games. I've played big AAA games with just as many bugs and broken patches, as f13 and those are coming from teams 4x the size as illfonic

• Like 2

Absolutely not.

In fact if I had just bought the game, after doing the SP challenges because they are pretty fun, I'd attempt to go online and see how ugly the game looks now and how awkward and clunky movement is for everyone, not to mention the Jason grab animation and never play it again.  And all the new bugs this update has brought out on top of the old ones that weren't fixed.

As it is I'm on the fence about playing multiplayer again now.

• Like 1

Not at full price no, if the game is on a half off sale then maybe.

I will fully admit that I have gotten my 40 dollars out of this game, but I played for 7 hours last night, mostly all of it in online mode, and I have no desire to play today. I'll play it again but I don't like the changes that were made to Jason, and the list of new bugs and glitches that were created yesterday have turned me off of this game for a while.

Yes. I would recommend this game. I would also recommend only buying it when it's 50% off.

If I paid $20 for just the single player aspects I'd be happy with it. Anything beyond that is a chaotic, rage inducing wonderland that you can torture yourself with at your own leisure.

Which I do.

And enjoy.

I used to try to convince my friends to pick this game up, but not now. It's been a long time since I would recommend it.

I'd actually be kind of embarrassed if my friends started playing now. One experience with a dance party and I'd be shamed when they ask me "....so this is what you've been playing all this time?"

If this game was only 5-6 months old then yes but they had plenty of time to fix the early bugs  game will be a year old tomorrow. And still we face bugs that were there since launch shame actually i love the franchise and the game and only want to see it succeed so i will give it a week or so and i may call it quits multiplayer anyways we will see.

If they were a horror fan.......yes.

If they were a F13th fan........definitely.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know.

I still get a lot of enjoyment out of the game. Last night was one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time, but it clearly wasn't because the game is running silky smooth with no bugs. I've made a lot of great new friends playing the game and I really enjoy hopping on every night and spending a couple hours with them in Slasherville... and I think that's the biggest checkmark in the "pro" column of reasons why I'd recommend this game to someone. It can be loads of fun if you have a regular, engaging group of people with which to play it.

If you're just going to do Quick Plays? Then maybe I'd pass. Although that said, the Single-player Challenges that I've managed to accomplish have been super fun. And apparently the offline bots are now very challenging. So there might be some value for a person who just wants to play the game offline. But as of right now, I can't see how it will be much fun for a player who only frequents public multiplayer lobbies. Maybe my good experience with having a regular crew for private matches is coloring that perception, though.

not if i wanted to keep them as a friend, the single player challenges are worth 10-15 bucks, but really anyone who has been following/playing the game, knew what was going to happen with this patch

Personally I still think the game has potential. What I'm hoping is that patches/hotfixes will be more frequent thanks to the game engine update, and then there's the eventual dedicated servers.

For now, I would recommend it when on sale, but when the consoles finally get the dedicated servers that will solve a lot of frustrations.

Every fan of the franchise needs this game. That said, I wont support future endeavors of GUN/Illfonic unless they deliever a polished fully fleshed out experience with this game. 

Yes I would. It's the forums I can't recommend. Mainly because of stuff like complaining bots are too Hard to kill when you set difficulty to "Hard." Bitching just to bitch. Threads like this one which is created so people can shame IllFonic. They don't give a damm who you would or would not recommend the game to. People who backed the kickstarter and gave GunMedia twenty dollars acting like they produced the game. Don't get me wrong I'm glad everyone backed the kickstarter but damm some of you guys got some real bad attitudes and some entitled opinions. My big question to the entire community is this. What did you expect? You know IllFonic's track record when it comes to patches. You knew what to expect. 

• Like 2

Would I recommend this game? Yes and I have. All games have their own bugs and glitches, some which work unintended and others which don't. The game IS fun with friends and to have a laugh at how they react. Like @Alien_Number_Six said, I wouldn't recommend the forums at all. I don't recommend forums to anyone who plays a online game, due to all the incessant whining, bitching and moaning from some who think that they are entitled to do so (Go look at the Final Fantasy XIV Online forums for example... the toxicity there rivals any waste dump). Really, should be grateful that we've got what we have without being slugged a DLC fee. Besides,  like with every other online game which has patches released, there are always bugs and glitches to be worked out. Give the devs time to go over any bug reports etc before judging.

i said yes and here's why. i got this game the last week of feburary. before that i was religiously playing battlefield 1(which has bugs and glitches and is owned by ea nonetheless) but i had these personal friend who i always saw online playing this game and being a HUGE fan of the movies i asked him about and i also watched some youtube videos(mostly squid and weazey) and decided to buy the digital copy. since ive bought the game ive played battlefield maybe twice??!! my friend who talked me into buying game has introduced me to cool people who ive added to my friends lists and and ive met some other cool people while playing alone. i work nights in a very stress filled factory(lazy people, stupid rules,etc etc.) which im sure most of us do. and this game and even the $40 price tag are far better than a monthly prescription for xanax!! my wife even enjoys watching me play and she hates video games!! so yes i would and i will recommend this game to friend!!