This most recent has truly saved the game imo. The single player challenges are so much fun and I can't wait to complete them all. Online play hasn't really changed much, but I don't notice it's gotten any worse. This game has improved so much since the first time I played it back in September and I can't wait to see it improve even more. Can't wait for paranoia, and Jason X + Grendel, and whatever else is to come. Does anyone else agree?

• Like 1

From reading most of the posts on here today, I'm going to guess only very few would agree. I'm still holding back judgment. I didn't expect every bug to be fixed in this patch as it was a pretty major overhaul. I had fun playing last night as I always do, but I get where the frustration is coming from for a lot of the original players on here. Ive only been playing since February, so guess I'm still pretty gullible that they will get things right eventually..

I seem to be one of the only ones to agree. I don't think it would hurt for people to have a more optimistic outlook on this game.

• Like 1

Just now, Gummi said:

I seem to be one of the only ones to agree. I don't think it would hurt for people to have a more optimistic outlook on this game.

It's hard when this happens over and over again man ? 

If we didn't have a least a little optimism, there's no way we'd still be here after a year though. We all want it to be great.

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Ive only been playing since February, so guess I'm still pretty gullible that they will get things right eventually..

Give it time, you'll get there.  The 5 stages are disbelief, anger, horniness, indifference, and finally hilarity.

21 minutes ago, justice4all said:

This most recent has truly saved the game imo. The single player challenges are so much fun and I can't wait to complete them all. Online play hasn't really changed much, but I don't notice it's gotten any worse. This game has improved so much since the first time I played it back in September and I can't wait to see it improve even more. Can't wait for paranoia, and Jason X + Grendel, and whatever else is to come. Does anyone else agree?

SP challenges don't "save the game", since the game is, at its core, the MP. Online play not having changed IS indeed a bad thing since it needed improving. Also, we were assured this engine update was in order to be able to fix things not fixable on the old one, as well as dedicated servers somehow requiring it.

And while I've yet to jump in and play the new update myself, it does appear as though MP has indeed gotten worse - Vibrating counselors, really odd animation bugs, audio all messed up, a few more bugs/glitches I'm failing to remember now.

The fact that you're still anticipating Paranoia, a mode that's never coming (and they essentially said so) tells me you're not exactly up to date on the state of the game. So I don't blame you for feeling how you feel.

But your thread title appears to be a false statement, as far as most people are concerned. Or if you actually pay attention to quality.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

SP challenges don't "save the game", since the game is, at its core, the MP. Online play not having changed IS indeed a bad thing since it needed improving. Also, we were assured this engine update was in order to be able to fix things not fixable on the old one, as well as dedicated servers somehow requiring it.

And while I've yet to jump in and play the new update myself, it does appear as though MP has indeed gotten worse - Vibrating counselors, really odd animation bugs, audio all messed up, a few more bugs/glitches I'm failing to remember now.

The fact that you're still anticipating Paranoia, a mode that's never coming (and they essentially said so) tells me you're not exactly up to date on the state of the game. So I don't blame you for feeling how you feel.

But your thread title appears to be a false statement, as far as most people are concerned. Or if you actually pay attention to quality.

To be honest, it's entirely possible that the majority of the gamers do in fact like this update, but the ones who hate it are the most vocal. I'm not saying that's the truth, but the truth is that we don't really know how the gaming community as a whole is reacting to it since our forums resemble a small portion of it. I haven't had any issues at all getting into full games lately, and most of the games I've played didn't have people complaining. Anecdotal to be sure, but once again I can't help but wonder if the complaining going on is just a vocal minority with the silent majority not wanting to have crosshairs painted on them for disagreeing.

The game has problems, but everyone here knew going into this patch that the game engine update was going to introduce new bugs. That being said, they can be patched out, and I'm assuming the devs are watching closely to hotfix anything that goes wrong.

SP Challenges haven’t saved this game. They are just the only real enjoyable part of this game after the update. The rest is fucked. 

21 minutes ago, Gummi said:

Try dealing with this constant crap for a year, and then you’ll understand everyone else’s POV.  The challenges are nice, but everything that was broken, is still broken. That has not changed since the game was released.

19 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I might be lucky, but today I played for quite a good amount of hours and found no bugs/glitches.

52 minutes ago, justice4all said:

i agree!! i used to play the fuck out this game!! combat stance got nerfed/fixed (however u wanna look at it) and i kinda fell off a lil... still played it and enjoyed it but... not much chaged after that.  i got bored then finally stopped playing... my girl, however, still plays this every day!! with the new update my love for this game is reinvigorated!!! it was never lost but the gae got stale and i moved on...  but now its on!!! purple jason with pigsplitter/machete ftw baby!!! hahahah

i just need to brush up... everything feels new as fuck!!

• Like 1

I actually noticed NEW bugs. Counselors shaking like fuck during kill sequences and delayed button reactions to everything. 

Other than those, I haven’t experienced many of the usual bugs yet. 

I like the update. If there were no bugs at all, I’d say this is much closer to how F13 should’ve launched in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I actually noticed NEW bugs. 

Eh,give them six months and they might fix some of the new bugs,while ignoring the old ones,and creating new new bugs trying to fix the new bugs...

:chadwut:

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Eh,give them six months and they might fix some of the new bugs,while ignoring the old ones,and creating new new bugs trying to fix the new bugs...

:chadwut:

I hope not. There’s a lot I like about this update. I’m hoping for immediate fixes... like, a few days after the holiday, max. 

I can’t tell what I think of the gameplay changes until everything works as intended.