gyaaft

​​​​​​​Rest in Peace Friday the 13th: The Game

This update pretty much sucked all the wind out of my sails. I don't even have the energy for my normal vitriol laden observations. It's like when someone close to you is an addict and you have to cut them out of your life completely. When all of your attempts to help them have failed. When all of your advise has been ignored. When watching them make the same mistakes over and over again becomes too painful to bear. You have to morn the loss of that person, even while they are still living, because that is the only sane thing left to do.

Rest in Peace Friday the 13th: The Game

May 2017 - May 2018

To the devs: If you ever want to get serious about turning this thing around. I gave you a winning strategy in my reddit post. Feel free to steal that just like you did with my idea for the salt mines.

To everyone experiencing the unicorn blood bug: Taste the Rainbow mutha $@%#as!

If anyone needs me I'll be playing Dead by Daylight. Have fun rubber-banding back to the car for the next 2 months!

Peace out!

-=gyaaft

P.S. Hey @GunMedia_Ben and @ShiftySamurai, why don't you give me a couple more 'Thanks' reactions for the road. It would really mean a lot to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Lol. I usually think goodbye posts are lame. But I chuckled at this one.

I'm close to where you're at though. Did not enjoy playing yesterday at all. I'm gonna get a few more games in to give this patch a chance.

I won't uninstall, but I can easily see myself playing something else instead of this. 

Have fun with DBD anyway. Later.

• Like 2

The only issue I have are the rage quitting hosts. Thankfully I am 150, so it doesn’t really bother me.

I rather like the update.

Bye Gyaaft I will Miss you, Do enjoy your time In DbD! 

• Thanks 1

I would say that RIP date is 

May 2017 - October 2017 and ressucted in February 2018. 

I don't know if it's dead in May 2018 but even if it is, it will revive, like Jason in every movie.

38 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Feel free to steal that just like you did with my idea for the salt mines.

lmfao as if you're the first person to think of that...

This exact concept has been used in other games before.

39 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

, why don't you give me a couple more 'Thanks' reactions for the road. It would really mean a lot to me.

Why would you assume that's from them? You sound pretty damn conceited man.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Thank you for having the guts to do what so many have not had. 

Are you happy @ShiftySamurai and @GunMedia_Ben? Are you entertained? If there is any justice in this world you will pay for what you have done to this game

Think anyone is buying a game with the names Gun Media or Illfonic connected ever again?

Not if they do their research.

They're gonna have to find new jobs. And as much as that REALLY sucks at a human level, it's what happens when you're not the right person for the job.

If Gun had ANY leadership, they'd apologize for the mess they've created, own up to it, and either bow out (a la Cliffy B with his new studio/Radical Heights) or they'd vow to work to get it right.

Instead, all I see from Wes is telling them they've done a good job?

Sure...SP Challenges might be great. But even if it's flawless (it's not), MP, the game's core mode has been nearly unplayable since December. That's completely unacceptable.

Either way. Talking about it here it worthless. Nothing we say here impacts the game at all. Wes knows best. We'll see how they feel when no one is playing 2 weeks from now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Looks like a stumbled into the thread where the ex drama student drop outs hang out. Fuck me these posts are genuinely funny. Especially if you put some violin music on in the background while you read them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I would say a bit overracting, but you do you. Do enjoy DbD though, because I do also enjoy that game. However, I have no intention of leaving this game, and the update just made me sure that I do not want to. Different people have different points of view though. 

• Like 3

I just wish when people say they are gonna stop playing/leave the game that they would also leave the forum. Vitriol and hyperbole are not convincing arguments. The game has issues, but it nowhere near the state indicated by a few vocal dissidents. We get it - you don't like the game anymore, but what I don't understand is why do you continue to post here? Do you think your constant negativity makes your comments more valid? I hate to break it to you, but when I see your posts it generally just makes me do an eyeroll and skim past your comment. 

But if being a negative Nancy is what gets your juices flowing...be my guest... just don't expect others to take you seriously when your comments are so hyperbolic that the only reaction they elicit are giggles and eyerolls. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Jasix said:

We get it - you don't like the game anymore, but what I don't understand is why do you continue to post here?

"Because I want to see the game succeed"

That's what they usually say. 

1 minute ago, Truth said:

"Because I want to see the game succeed"

That's what they usually say. 

Oh so they are like the people who urinate on your tree because they want to help it grow... got it. 

I thought being a sarcastic smartass with only shitty words for the devs was MY thing. 

Seems like some of the same people who used to bitch about me doing it are now doing it themselves.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Oh so they are like the people who urinate on your tree because they want to help it grow... got it. 

Or the people who make a long statement as why why they're quitting facebook and post it on their facebook.

Just looking for some attention.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Me Me Me Me Me Me!!! Hahahahahaaaaaa

NO!!!!

I'M SPECIAL!!!

Can everyone stop replying? He’s relishing in the attention.

• Like 1

I can understand gyaaft.

I feel the same way. I bought Friday back last year in may at its releasedate and since then there were so many blocks on the road.

First of all QP didnt work, you had forums or communities to even be able to play. Did it and met a lot new people and we had a funtime for a few months.

Then QP worked and with it came the glitches or better said the abuse of them. Players on roofs, players rocks, god knows where else,they used every cheap trick they could find. One by one the glitches were fixed and now the amount of teamkillers went thru the roof.Cant tell how many times I have been shoot, or clubbed to death.

Then they lifted the ban on all the reported glitchabusers and cheaters and to top that they sold them dancingemotes and so the story goes on and on and on.

There is a point where you feel that you slowly run out of gas and you cant be optimistic anymore.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

NO!!!!

I'M SPECIAL!!!

NO!!! I'M SPECIAL DAMMIT!!!

Just now, Jdt827 said:

Can everyone stop replying? He’s relishing in the attention.

For once, let's set aside our differences and work together. Work with me, and others, to shit post this thread and get it shut down. Who gives a fuck if the OP likes the attention. That bitch is supposed to be leaving, right?? Hahahahahaaaaaa

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

For once, let's set aside our differences and work together. Work with me, and others, to shit post this thread and get it shut down. Who gives a fuck if the OP likes the attention. That bitch is supposed to be leaving, right?? Hahahahahaaaaaa

Do we get capes?

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Do we get capes?

Image result for al gore south park gif

• Haha 3