Sign in to follow this  
FrenchFriedPotaters

The pan is an instant stun? (Weapon Stats)

So before yesterday, I decided to be a nerd and take down notes of the weapons that were going to get their pips changed. Turns out, when the update released, I checked the weapon stats and I noticed the bat's durability is now 2/4 and the pan's stun is 4/4, which.. is really weird considering it's just a pan.

Anyway, weapon stats:

Bat: 4/4 Stun, 2/4 DMG, 2/4 DUR

Pan: 4/4 Stun, 1/4 for anything else.

Pot: 3/4 Stun, 1/4 DMG, and 2/4 DUR

Plank: 2/4 Stun, 2/4 DMG, and 4/4 DUR

Fire-Poker: 1/2 Stun, 3/4 DMG, 1/2 DUR

Branch: 1/2 Stun, 1/2 DMG, and 3/4 DUR

Axe: 3/4 Stun, 4/4 DMG, and 1/2 DUR (Used to be 3/4 instead of 1/2. Hmm..)

Wrench: 3/4 Stun, 1/2 DMG and 1/2 DUR (Used to be 4/4 durability)

Pipe: 3/4 Stun, 1/2 DMG, and 3/4 DUR

Machete: 1/4 Stun, 4/4 DMG, 1/2 DUR (Used to be 3/4 DUR)

(Off topic: Tiffany's shorts are now her beta shorts!! HOORAY!!! :D)

this is in the 80s, if thats a camp the pan could be from the 70s before everything was built to break at once and it makes perfect sense those kitchen things smack hard as hell

59 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

and the pan's stun is 4/4, which.. is really weird considering it's just a pan.

i heavily disagree with anyone saying it doesnt make sense. i got a cast iron pan at home (thats what it looks like) these motherfuckers weigh like three times as much as a baseball bat and are atleast 5 times harder and more durable than one.

also probably a lil more my opinion but i think its a fun lil addition to the game, before pans were useless and now you see people hittin jason in the face with a pan i find that very funny tbh. especially when he falls on his ass in the cartoony way he always does.

@FrenchFriedPotaters any chance you can post the new stats? I forgot to look at it yesterday...

28 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

these motherfuckers weigh like three times as much as a baseball bat and are atleast 5 times harder and more durable than one.

Yes, but there's a reason they use bats instead of pots when playing baseball... Heavier means harder to swing as well.

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

@FrenchFriedPotaters any chance you can post the new stats? I forgot to look at it yesterday...

Yes, but there's a reason they use bats instead of pots when playing baseball... Heavier means harder to swing as well.

yeah but that doesnt matter if youre strong and swing it right. youre right dont get me wrong i agree wit u im just sayin its not dumb or unbelievable that a cast iron pan would knock someone out cold with a single swing. theyre a very good weapon if youre strong enough to swing em

1 hour ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Why thank you. Maybe I should change the op a bit..

No need, I meant that it makes no sense for a pan to be more durable than a baseball bat. ?

2 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

No need, I meant that it makes no sense for a pan to be more durable than a baseball bat. ?

OHHHHHHH. I am SO sorry. God I feel awful DX

In real life, baseball bats are actually pretty crappy for self defense. Because of how long they are, they tend to have issues if swung in an enclosed environment (e.g. your room), and metal baseball bats are designed with features that are designed to make them safer in case you accidently hit someone while playing a game of baseball (the majority of the striking impacts is near the tip of the bat rather than the entirety of it). Wood baseball bats are workable, but in self defense you typically want something that doesn't get caught on other things easily, and are properly weighted so that any point of the striking impact delivers the full force of the blow.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I never would've made the baseball bat a 4 stun weapon, maybe 3 at most. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely better than nothing in a self-defense situation, but honestly the frying pan would seem to make more sense as a weapon since you could theoretically also use it as a shield against melee weapons. Considering, of course, that you're strong enough to wield it since cast iron is really heavy, but since the pan in-game has a durabiliy of 1 I'm going to assume it's not cast iron.

8 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Really? Lol

There's a reason we don't use wood for things that need to last.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Really? Lol

There's a reason we don't use wood for things that need to last.

Meow. I posted the stats in case you want to look at them, SENPAI :))