Dolemite

AJ Mason and Mitch Floyd? I Don't Think So!

Regardless of what you may or may not think of the new update, I think we can all agree that the Single Player Challenges are a great addition to the game. It adds some welcome gameplay variety and actually fleshes out the personalities of our camp counselors to a degree. However, with that "fleshing out" aspect may come some ugly revelations about the favorite counselors that have become so near and dear to our hearts.

For example, in Mission 2 we discover, to my absolute dismay and disgust, that my beloved AJ is actively boning that dirty, filthy, pot-smoking hippie Mitch. Um, NO. How dare you sully my beautiful goth goddess with such vermin?!? I may never get over this, aside from perhaps just treating the Single Player Challenges as a "what if" kind of scenario and NOT canon...kind of like how I view Jason Goes To Hell.  :)

Seriously, though...with the lack of any real storylines for the game and the counselors - after all, they're supposed to simply serve as blank slates for Jason to murder - people have likely invented and developed little backstories and assigned personalities to their favorite counselors. I think that's only natural. But have the intros to the Single Player Challenges changed how you perceive your main characters, for better or worse? 

BTW, I'm not really heartbroken over AJ and Mitch...but it IS kinda gross. I mean, fucking yuck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The characters in the single player challenges are there to set up the scenarios and that's about it in terms of "who is with who" 

• Like 1

Imminent spoiler:

So far, I'm up to challenge 6 with the others completed with all the skulls and challenges and I've killed A.J. whilst she was making out with Kenny upstairs in Higgins Haven, I've killed her when she's been cooking and talking about boning with Mitch, and then I've killed her whilst she was actually upstairs in Packanack with Adam. So far, she's getting around a bit lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

The characters in the single player challenges are there to set up the scenarios and that's about it in terms of "who is with who" 

Eh, I don't just mean that...I mean, Buggzy comes across as an annoying, immature twit in the intro to the first mission. I haven't finished the missions yet, but I assumed that the intros and whatnot got more elaborate. I guess not?

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Imminent spoiler:

So far, I'm up to challenge 6 with the others completed with all the skulls and challenges and I've killed A.J. whilst she was making out with Kenny upstairs in Higgins Haven, I've killed her when she's been cooking and talking about boning with Mitch, and then I've killed her whilst she was actually upstairs in Packanack with Adam. So far, she's getting around a bit lol.

:(

I've played the first 5 challenges, and so far AJ has been with Mitch, Adam, and Kenny. I don't know why she is humping all the guys. Couldn't they have rotated it. Had Kenny and Jenny together (oh how that rhymes). Hell give Fox a go on Adam. They both love leather lol.

lol - i laughed at her interaction in challenge 2. I always pictured her the goth bad girl. In her interactions with Mitch, I got a southern belle vibe. The only thing she didn't do was call him Sugar

Yeah, these are definitely taking the characters and disconnecting them from sequence to sequence. Tiff is a stand in for Vera, A.J. for Chili, Bugzzy for Mark*, etc. They don't seem to have consistent characteristics, which is a shame in my humble opinion. I'd have preferred a consistent narrative that took the movies as inspiration, using the characters as themselves, as opposed to filling the shoes of movie characters outright.

It's not a game breaker, but I wasn't a fan. 

*Though I do admit Buggzy's various reasons for being wheelchair bound are amusing. I'm hoping they voiced a half dozen or more reasons that get more ridiculous with every replay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

Yeah, these are definitely taking the characters and disconnecting them from sequence to sequence. Tiff is a stand in for Vera, A.J. for Chili, Bugzzy for Mark*, etc. They don't seem to have consistent characteristics, which is a shame in my humble opinion. I'd have preferred a consistent narrative that took the movies as inspiration, using the characters as themselves, as opposed to filling the shoes of movie characters outright.

It's not a game breaker, but I wasn't a fan.

Agreed. It would have been nice if the challenges could have been connected and formed a mini story mode instead of each one being it’s own individual thing. 

It's too late, the patchouli smell will never wash off. NEVER WASH OFF, DOLEMITE! 

• Haha 1

Just now, BFizzle said:

Agreed. It would have been nice if the challenges could have been connected and formed a mini story mode instead of each one being it’s own individual thing. 

I don't know how you'd get a mini story as there are not enough counselors to run ten challenges. But I do wish they all took place within a consistent universe prior to play. I suppose that rather than Buggzy being Mark, he's Buggzy who fell off the trampoline. A.J. isn't Chili so she doesn't need to get with Mitch or be passed around the other guys like breadsticks at an Olive Garden. Stuff like that. 

I like what they did with the call backs and nostalgia moments and stuff. But at times it DOES feel awkward. Someone that is playing the game, but not intimately familiar with the movies will have no idea.

I would have preferred a unique story myself.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:41 PM, Tailypo said:

It's too late, the patchouli smell will never wash off. NEVER WASH OFF, DOLEMITE! 

NOOOOOOOOOO

On 5/25/2018 at 5:51 PM, SolidusPrime said:

I like what they did with the call backs and nostalgia moments and stuff. But at times it DOES feel awkward. Someone that is playing the game, but not intimately familiar with the movies will have no idea.

I would have preferred a unique story myself.

I think that would have been easy to do, and not taken much more effort that what was already put into the mode.

1 minute ago, Flyin_J said:

We all thought Tiffany was the hoe, but it's clearly AJ.

Hey, Adam is the hoe lol. He was with AJ, Tiffany, and Deborah lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JPops said:

Ummm I think dolemite was attempting humor. Take a lap bro

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Hey, Adam is the hoe lol. He was with AJ, Tiffany, and Deborah lol

Oh. Now I know why the devs shipped them. :ajsaltbae:

4 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Ummm I think dolemite was attempting humor. Take a lap bro

Alas, it's not a joke if you have to explain it. :)

On 5/25/2018 at 6:25 PM, kitcat said:

A.J., my girl, I had noooooooooooooo idea...

giphy-downsized-large--1-.gif

Who know AJ was the real flirty girl. Outsold Tiffany. 

Remember they are reenacting scenarios from the movies, so expect the counselors to go out character every so challenge. AJ just so happened to be the fit for the hippie lady in Part 3, think her name is Chili.

If you need more convincing, don't forget how Chad is actually charismatic in that one challenge.

I called in another thread we'd see a lot of A.J cause she's a dev favourite, lol. 

I would also have preferred to actually have a consistent storyline that would work on character personality and background instead of recreating scenarios from the movies and having our counselors filling these roles. 

Maybe we can get something like that for whenever they decide to release the other 10 challenges that were mentioned. 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:53 AM, Dolemite said:

Regardless of what you may or may not think of the new update, I think we can all agree that the Single Player Challenges are a great addition to the game. It adds some welcome gameplay variety and actually fleshes out the personalities of our camp counselors to a degree. However, with that "fleshing out" aspect may come some ugly revelations about the favorite counselors that have become so near and dear to our hearts.

For example, in Mission 2 we discover, to my absolute dismay and disgust, that my beloved AJ is actively boning that dirty, filthy, pot-smoking hippie Mitch. Um, NO. How dare you sully my beautiful goth goddess with such vermin?!? I may never get over this, aside from perhaps just treating the Single Player Challenges as a "what if" kind of scenario and NOT canon...kind of like how I view Jason Goes To Hell.  :)

Seriously, though...with the lack of any real storylines for the game and the counselors - after all, they're supposed to simply serve as blank slates for Jason to murder - people have likely invented and developed little backstories and assigned personalities to their favorite counselors. I think that's only natural. But have the intros to the Single Player Challenges changed how you perceive your main characters, for better or worse? 

BTW, I'm not really heartbroken over AJ and Mitch...but it IS kinda gross. I mean, fucking yuck.

I mean it happens in real life. I am a long haired, tatooed, bearded metal head (stoner) who wears band shirts and a chain wallet, and am with an ex cheerleader/softball player who is "out of my league" by most people's standards. We get looks all the time, and have had plenty of preppy, frat boy types even state as much. Happily married with a 3 year old daughter. So it happens.

3 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

I called in another thread we'd see a lot of A.J cause she's a dev favourite, lol. 

I would also have preferred to actually have a consistent storyline that would work on character personality and background instead of recreating scenarios from the movies and having our counselors filling these roles. 

Maybe we can get something like that for whenever they decide to release the other 10 challenges that were mentioned. 

I would too, but If there was a consistent storyline, there’d only be 2 deaths/challenge. As it is, the only ones I love are the ones with multiple counselors. 

Maybe we can see a rivalry between a few counselors, Tiffany as the real final girl and not have AJ take that role, Victoria being a bitch to everyone, Deborah as an ACTUAL shy girl.