I quite Miss Them, It was fun hearing People complain. 

23 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ahhhh , God , I haven´t missed the rants at all.

*sighs*

Funny how you can get more likes , when you hate the game instead of liking it.

Me too. Ranting just gets repetitive on here.

5 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Me too. Ranting just gets repetitive on here.

Then sometimes you get a : Gun should hire me! , or : Jason deserved better!.....ahh this community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Then sometimes you get a : Gun should hire me! , or : Jason deserved better!.....ahh this community.

Gun should hire people, here or elsewhere it doesn't matter. What matters is what ideas they bring to the game.

16 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Gun should hire people, here or elsewhere it doesn't matter. What matters is what ideas they bring to the game.

You mean like People from AAA titles? Like These fuckers from EA who don´t know shit about Friday the 13th? It´s probably pretty hard for them to find guys , that know about F13 and know how to Programm a game or even how to work with other People.

Think of as two separate categories, they need writers and programmers. The programmers should be people who bring an understanding of the Unreal engine, illfonic does a good job learning as they go but hiring experts is always beneficial. As for the writers, they need to understand the limits of the engine and write to its strengths. Then they can turn this game into something truly special. 

The devs aren't confident that they can work within the programming to do justice to a story or to a Jason AI. As far as I'm concerned that's a fixable problem. If it takes hiring people who do have the confidence and willingness to become more informed about the lore of F13, then that's what needs to happen.

@The Wolf with that Toast, when people make jokes about something like getting a job working for their favourite game, they are often more than half serious. I've made the joke myself, at the time it was just a friendly interaction with @Thatguyinktown on the forums but here's the thing, I really would move to the States to work with him or others to make this game better. Inktown and I don't have anything in common as far as I can tell, other than wanting more from this game and being willing to work toward that, without agreeing on anything else, without getting paid, because we care.

I've asked the Devs to give us info on Paranoia, for example. I really would try working with others on the forum to fix it, not to get a job or show off how smart I am, but so We could all play it finally. As is, it can't be done because we don't know what it is ie. bodyhopping, stealth killer, Pamela. I'd love to do some free labor on it, I'm sure others would too or just like to know more so they can comment.

One more thing, the Devs don't post more frequently because like the rest of us, they're human and would get dragged into flame wars or be an asshole to the wrong people and risk more than a ban. Me I'm not paid to ignore trolls, so if I get banned for seven days for fighting with them, Oh well to bad. Hell from what I've read on the forum your not even a real member till they ban you before an update. I'm sure others think the same as I do, or did before the state of the forums and the slow pace of progress on the game, turned them into lurking mouth breathers. I've taken a week hiatus on posting new ideas, to enjoy the update.

I'm not sure if I was one of the people you were referring to in your post about the hiring. I agree with you about the rants but don't think the two are comparable. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Think of as two separate categories, they need writers and programmers. The programmers should be people who bring an understanding of the Unreal engine, illfonic does a good job learning as they go but hiring experts is always beneficial. As for the writers, they need to understand the limits of the engine and write to its strengths. Then they can turn this game into something truly special. 

The devs aren't confident that they can work within the programming to do justice to a story or to a Jason AI. As far as I'm concerned that's a fixable problem. If it takes hiring people who do have the confidence and willingness to become more informed about the lore of F13, then that's what needs to happen.

@The Wolf with that Toast, when people make jokes about something like getting a job working for their favourite game, they are often more than half serious. I've made the joke myself, at the time it was just a friendly interaction with @Thatguyinktown on the forums but here's the thing, I really would move to the States to work with him or others to make this game better. Inktown and I don't have anything in common as far as I can tell, other than wanting more from this game and being willing to work toward that, without agreeing on anything else, without getting paid, because we care.

I've asked the Devs to give us info on Paranoia, for example. I really would try working with others on the forum to fix it, not to get a job or show off how smart I am, but so We could all play it finally. As is, it can't be done because we don't know what it is ie. bodyhopping, stealth killer, Pamela. I'd love to do some free labor on it, I'm sure others would too or just like to know more so they can comment.

One more thing, the Devs don't post more frequently because like the rest of us, they're human and would get dragged into flame wars or be an asshole to the wrong people and risk more than a ban. Me I'm not paid to ignore trolls, so if I get banned for seven days for fighting with them, Oh well to bad. Hell from what I've read on the forum your not even a real member till they ban you before an update. I'm sure others think the same as I do, or did before the state of the forums and the slow pace of progress on the game, turned them into lurking mouth breathers. I've taken a week hiatus on posting new ideas, to enjoy the update.

I'm not sure if I was one of the people you were referring to in your post about the hiring. I agree with you about the rants but don't think the two are comparable. 

No , I wasn´t referring to anyone especially , and thanks.

Good Points.  I think they should maybe accept a Little help from the community , that is right.

This is the first big update I've been on the forums for, and shoowee some of the reaction has been so hyperbolic I had to do a double-take. 

I've tried to be fair with my opinions on the update. There's a lot wrong with it, but I can't say enough that the performance boost the new engine provides - along with the fact that text and icons are now in high-res, even on lower resolutions settings - is a really great upgrade.

The shit that IS wrong is annoying and plentiful, but can easily be patched...hopefully the devs will be all over that.

There are more players back in the game now, so we will see more opinions

The last month, the game hoovers between 500 and 700 players. There are 1900 players giving the game a chance, so we will more feedback. if this update is well recieved, those numbers should stayer higher and we will see more feedback (both good and bad) It if fails, those numbers will plumment over the next week, and we will see a spike in negative coments, and then the same 500 people that play this game daily that just care about all the negative issues.