On 5/25/2018 at 11:30 AM, Thatguyinktown said:

I've only done 2 offline bots on Hard so far, but I've yet to find more than 4 pocket knives + tommy's

The most pocket knives I've seen is 5 (Tommy didn't get called).

I also do not think the bots are starting with repair items. I think some objectives are just spawning fixed (or partially fixed). I was playing on Jarvis and morphed to the phone after picking up my two knives in the shack. The phone box was repaired (blue light), but there were no counselors around. I popped the box, and started my cabin prep of the phone house and Kenny finally came running up from the southwest camp ( I was in the southeast). He came to the phone house, and I greeted him when he came in. If I had messed about for about a minute or so before trapping the phone, he would have been there to call the cops in the first 2 minutes of the game or less.

A couple counselors appear to randomly start with a pocket knife, and then you have the 3 that spawn on the map which can get picked up. Same goes for the firecrackers. Overall the bots are a tad bit smarter, but nothing extraordinary. I still haven't seen one set a bear trap, though a couple turned on radios. Also they seem to be a bit better about not hiding as often and actually trying to get away from the area you are in.

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

A couple counselors appear to randomly start with a pocket knife, and then you have the 3 that spawn on the map which can get picked up. Same goes for the firecrackers. Overall the bots are a tad bit smarter, but nothing extraordinary. I still haven't seen one set a bear trap, though a couple turned on radios. Also they seem to be a bit better about not hiding as often and actually trying to get away from the area you are in.

I just played a match where a counselor set a bear trap(properly too, I stepped right in the damn thing) I also killed a Tiffany running away from a cabin holding a trap. So they do set them, just seems to be rare.

5 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I just played a match where a counselor set a bear trap(properly too, I stepped right in the damn thing) I also killed a Tiffany running away from a cabin holding a trap. So they do set them, just seems to be rare.

Good to know. It is possible they have set them and I have not entered through the right door yet. Lol.

Just now, Alkavian said:

Good to know. It is possible the have set them and I have not entered through the right door yet. Lol.

I was shocked. Again, not only did they set one, they set one right in front of the door. That is quite some detailed AI. People don’t truly realize that. 

I do wonder if the duplicate items(fuse etc) and bots spawning in with knives is intended or if it’s just a bug. Overall I don’t have an issue with it too much as 1. It’s just bots and 2. At least with knives, it doesn’t seem to be adding to the overall number of items on the map. 

Also got to remeber that bots CAN spawn in with things like crackers and aid spray as they’re now able to use perks. 

Yeah I made this discovery while I was farming XP offline that certain times the bots will just start with a pocket knife in hand. It's just ridiculous honestly.

I was farming on easy mode, I warped to an objective and Shelly was already outside, like I swear he spawned next to the car because it literally took me less than 4 seconds to morph on top of the car. I hit him with 3 or 4 throwing knives, walked up to him, grabbed him and boom, fucking pocket knife... How is that even possible? He didn't go inside a cabin at all.

I came to the revelation that sometimes the bots are just given pocket knives to start the round so it doesn't surprise me if half the bots all have pocket knives on hard mode... what a joke. There isn't even a perk in the game for that, and there honestly should be because most of the perks are complete kife. I'm still running Medic and Thick Skinned on every counselor with Sucker Punch, Restful and My Dad's a Cop being the 3rd option depending on the counselor... fuck we need more variety boys.

2 hours ago, XRizerX said:

Yeah I made this discovery while I was farming XP offline that certain times the bots will just start with a pocket knife in hand. It's just ridiculous honestly.

I was farming on easy mode, I warped to an objective and Shelly was already outside, like I swear he spawned next to the car because it literally took me less than 4 seconds to morph on top of the car. I hit him with 3 or 4 throwing knives, walked up to him, grabbed him and boom, fucking pocket knife... How is that even possible? He didn't go inside a cabin at all.

I came to the revelation that sometimes the bots are just given pocket knives to start the round so it doesn't surprise me if half the bots all have pocket knives on hard mode... what a joke. There isn't even a perk in the game for that, and there honestly should be because most of the perks are complete kife. I'm still running Medic and Thick Skinned on every counselor with Sucker Punch, Restful and My Dad's a Cop being the 3rd option depending on the counselor... fuck we need more variety boys.

No one should be spawning in with pocket knives, bots or human players. At least with the bots, it’s not adding any more knives to the map, they just happen to spawn in with them. I’m still not sure if this is intentional or not.

On a side note, I noticed something else a little odd with the bots. Playing on Higgins, I killed a Mitch who was holding a propeller. Problem is, there was NO boat on the map, just 2 cars. Iv come across this a few times now.