3 minutes ago, quothetheraven79 said:

So it’s ok for bots to have a ton of knives, but limit them for human players?  Yeah that makes sense!

The bots are mainly there to give Jason players practice before they go into the online mode. From what I've heard so far, the bots on hard mode are far more capable than before of escaping, and now have some bonuses that makes it harder to take them down compared to normal.

In a sense, the bots counselors having more pocket knives helps make it more difficult for Jason, therefore forcing the player to improve their skills as well as learn certain practices that are necessary to do well online (e.g. trap the phone box). If you're able to take down the bots on hard mode, you'll be fine in online mode. There's been far too many new Jasons who jump into online mode that are slaughtered quickly by the counselor players since they knew too little about how the game works overall, so dealing with bots who can give players a run for their money isn't a bad training exercise.

• Like 4

I actually agree I spawned in and immediately morphed to Packanak lodge, grabbed Tiffany by the fire outside and was pocketknifed in the face... all within the span of 5-10 seconds? I also have a problem with Tommy spawning in and not doing anything forcing me to morph around the map with sense being unable to pick him up for over 10 minutes, dragging matches out. I don't really understand the design philosophy behind the AI either, if your playing Jason you don't want to have to play cat and mouse with AI constantly jumping in and out of the same window as you hit the door and running into another cabin, rinse and repeat. *yawn* Just have them run in a cabin, hide, grab a weapon whatever and try to fight back, the whole powerwalk slowly behind them until shift replenishes is boring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They didnt improve the AI. The bots are dumb as ever. They only equiped themwith a shitload of pocketknifes and firecrackers and at least one them starts with a item to repair something.The bots jump in and out of windows as they ever did, they step beartraps as before and they still hide in stupid places right when you look at them.

This new pocketknifemania is annoying as hell and ruins the last geamemode i enjoyed in theis now completely unplayable and unenjoyable piece of crap, called Friday the 13th the game.

• Like 1

We asked for them to get tougher. I can't believe you guys are crying about bot murder. Now the fucking bots are too hard? Do you have any skill at all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

We asked for them to get tougher. I can't believe you guys are crying about bot murder. Now the fucking bots are too hard? Do you have any skill at all?

No one said 'too hard' by any stretch, just full of an annoying mechanic that makes zero sense. They should have to find the knives as they have 'item awareness' which is like having a wire frame hack i would imagine the bots no doubt know where things are so it wouldn't take long for them to find actual knives. Playing the game and knowing every time 100% you'll have to deal with a knife ON TOP of the new grab being...shitty? Ya, thats fucking stupid and it needs to be fixed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Nooo I am saying that the bots have to play by the same rules as regular players!  

• Like 1

Increasing bot difficulty by giving them a ton of knives is not making them harder or more believable. It's a simple way of saying "let's help the bots cheat, and pretend it's an authentic experience."

• Like 2

Not a single here said the bots are too hard. You can stillkill them all easily.

The thing is that what the devs did wasnt inproving the AI. The AI is as stupid as it always was.

You just get constantly stabbed and must cath them againand again.

My suggestion to you: Read what people wrote,understand what people wrote and then you can reply. Thats were you are lacking skill, you skip step number two,which is the important one.

1 hour ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

No one said 'too hard' by any stretch, just full of an annoying mechanic that makes zero sense. They should have to find the knives as they have 'item awareness' which is like having a wire frame hack i would imagine the bots no doubt know where things are so it wouldn't take long for them to find actual knives. Playing the game and knowing every time 100% you'll have to deal with a knife ON TOP of the new grab being...shitty? Ya, thats fucking stupid and it needs to be fixed. 

1 hour ago, quothetheraven79 said:

Nooo I am saying that the bots have to play by the same rules as regular players!  

1 hour ago, Loading said:

Increasing bot difficulty by giving them a ton of knives is not making them harder or more believable. It's a simple way of saying "let's help the bots cheat, and pretend it's an authentic experience."

55 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Not a single here said the bots are too hard. You can stillkill them all easily.

The thing is that what the devs did wasnt inproving the AI. The AI is as stupid as it always was.

You just get constantly stabbed and must cath them againand again.

My suggestion to you: Read what people wrote,understand what people wrote and then you can reply. Thats were you are lacking skill, you skip step number two,which is the important one.

I can see all the complaints when the players had six knives to go around plus the one Tommy Jarvis brings to the table. But bitching because the online bots are harder to kill when you put them on Hard is like asking for something to complain about. 

22 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think it is good. I want to have the Bots as hard as possible.

Yeah lol, there should be a reason why it's called "Hard Mode" lol. 

21 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think it is good. I want to have the Bots as hard as possible.

Me too.But thats the problem, its not harder. You just have to catch the same stupid AI twice. This results in situations like this one:
You grab the counselor and you could perform an enviromental kill, but since they all have pocketknifes you get stabbed, then the bot runs straight to the next cabinet to hide inside while you stand there and can  watch it, because its right in front of you ... soo what now? Go hunt somewhere else with the same thing happening? Go ofsight use stalk and wait for the bot to come out, which it will do with you just around the corner? Or get seek and seek and destroy kill number 4 in this round?

There is no fun and no sport in it. It just gets annoying ver quickly.

9 minutes ago, Qcici said:

It has nothingtodo with hard mode. If you play on normal the bots are equipped with tons of firecrackers and pocketknifes aswell.

The AI still cant drive cars. Its no improvement.All the devs did wasstrechting the amount of time you need to invest to kill them all by giving almost every bot a get-out-jail-card right from the start.

Easy = No Pocket knives.

Also i don'[t think there's difference in XP/CP payout between Easy to Hard.

So it really boils down to how do you want it...

Its a good high pressure match simulator. Traps going off every which way every few minutes. And I noticed the bots didn't just run back and forth and come right back to you, they actually ran to cabins and tried to stay away from you. Made testing new grab much easier then pre updated bots.

I can see all the complaints when the players had six knives to go around plus the one Tommy Jarvis brings to the table. But bitching because the online bots are harder to kill when you put them on Hard is like asking for something to complain about. 

Again, they’re not harder to kill as when you grab them you’re guantteed to be annoyed and delayed. That doesn’t equal hard that just equals annoying when it’s 100% chance you have to deal with it rather than the bot actually finding the knife. By that logic a player could start with a knife and he’s hard to kill? No he’s being handed the get out of jail free method and that’s fucking stupid. Bots having knives already means illfonic has zero faith in the bots still so they gave them a cheat at the beginning of the match pretty much rather than giving the bots real skill....

• Like 1

Never seen belly aching over hard mode with dumb bots. Offline is supposed to be the How to Play Jason tutorial. I played it twice myself. I wasn't impressed but I know it helped with a few of my ps4 buddies get better as Jason.

33 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Its a good high pressure match simulator. Traps going off every which way every few minutes. And I noticed the bots didn't just run back and forth and come right back to you, they actually ran to cabins and tried to stay away from you. Made testing new grab much easier then pre updated bots.

Yeah I like em now.

2 hours ago, Qcici said:

You put a game on "Hard" then lose your shit because it's actually a challenge. Talk about creating your own problems and then bitching about them. 

1 minute ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

Again, they’re not harder to kill as when you grab them you’re guantteed to be annoyed and delayed.

Dude have you even played this fucking game man? Annoyed and delayed pretty much sums up this whole damm experience as Jason. Set the bots to easy and move on with your life. These bots are in their early stages and actually doing more than you can expect an AI that is less then a year old. Good AI takes time to program. Expecting them to run like a full on finished project is shortsighted and ignorant. I don't say ignorant because I want to insult you. Your simply ignorant about programming. The best AI you can find in a video game took four years to create. In a year maybe they will be able to drive the car. Perhaps a year after that they can add the boat. But expecting the damm moon out of AI thats a few months old is ignorant.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Y

You put a game on "Hard" then lose your shit because it's actually a challenge. Talk about creating your own problems and then bitching about them. 

Dude have you even played this fucking game man? Annoyed and delayed pretty much sums up this whole damm experience as Jason. Set the bots to easy and move on with your life. These bots are in their early stages and actually doing more than you can expect an AI that is less then a year old. Good AI takes time to program. Expecting them to run like a full on finished project is shortsighted and ignorant. I don't say ignorant because I want to insult you. Your simply ignorant about programming. The best AI you can find in a video game took four years to create. In a year maybe they will be able to drive the car. Perhaps a year after that they can add the boat. But expecting the damm moon out of AI thats a few months old is ignorant.

You just dont get it.It is no challenge,they're as dumb as ever and thats the problem. The AI didnt improve at all,they just got handed knifes.

And of course I can expect a working AI. The devs took the money for a working game. If tehy have such an unfinished game the devs should have made it free to play and then charge money for in-game content. But that would put themunder pressure to deliver updates and content which are actually work and,as we can see with the latest patch, the cant do that.

I am very disappointed because to me the offlinebots are the important part of the game,I really hoped for the AI to improve.

You cant play QP at all,its overrun by try-hards, trolls,and quitters.There are still privatematches but almost all people which whomI played it moved on and abandoned Friday,because tey didnt like the updates that happened over time. I checked my freindslist, it were 53 people  I used to play this game with, when it came out and over the last few months I saw only two of them still playingit ...but only from time to time, not as it once was.

"Find new people" I am not on the mood for that because this game doesnt offer me enough, I want to start it play a round or two, maybe three and then move on to something else. I have no interest to sit in a lobby for god knows how until someones friends "who will be here soon" finally arrives.

42 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Y'all talking about the game makes me so Jelly.

Right? I got through 3 challenges last night before I had to leave. Now I'm sitting here on the forums at work (avoiding actually working) and it's just making me want to leave early...

6 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

You just dont get it.It is no challenge,they're as dumb as ever and thats the problem. The AI didnt improve at all,they just got handed knifes.

And of course I can expect a working AI. The devs took the money for a working game. If tehy have such an unfinished game the devs should have made it free to play and then charge money for in-game content. But that would put themunder pressure to deliver updates and content which are actually work and,as we can see with the latest patch, the cant do that.

I am very disappointed because to me the offlinebots are the important part of the game,I really hoped for the AI to improve.

You cant play QP at all,its overrun by try-hards, trolls,and quitters.There are still privatematches but almost all people which whomI played it moved on and abandoned Friday,because tey didnt like the updates that happened over time. I checked my freindslist, it were 53 people  I used to play this game with, when it came out and over the last few months I saw only two of them still playingit ...but only from time to time, not as it once was.

"Find new people" I am not on the mood for that because this game doesnt offer me enough, I want to start it play a round or two, maybe three and then move on to something else. I have no interest to sit in a lobby for god knows how until someones friends "who will be here soon" finally arrives.

AI takes time to develop. Right now it works good for the time they have put into it. It takes time. If you want good AI you have to give IllFonic time. Programing AI is all about code. You can put stuff in and take stuff out. But the code has to flow correctly or you get bugs. And bugs happen when bits of code stop talking to each other. When this happens you have to go over your whole project like it's a set of Christmas lights. You pull everything out and look at it. You find the problem and fix it. But at the same time you may have screwed up the code somewhere else. So time is a factor if you like it or not. Offline bots were something IllFonic never planned on adding in the first place. But they got them up and running for us because we wanted them. They have done a decent job so far and continue to work on them. And in this day and age in the gaming industry that is a small miracle. 

• Thanks 2