Sign in to follow this  
fourkillmaster

Official 21:9 Ultrawide Support

So with the recent patch they removed the Unreal Engine workaround for ultra-wide monitors and now the game is a nauseating mess as counselors unless you switch to 16:9. I don't really understand why the workaround was removed as I doubt it added any real advantage to players besides making them less sick while playing, either way official support would be nice.

This is what the game looked like before yesterday's update as counselor.

YiEZ9NJ.jpg

This is what it looks like now, so you are actually at a disadvantage if you use an ultrawide screen now as the top and bottom of the screen are cut off and the image zoomed in to compensate for the extra screen space on the side.

fp1NsBq.jpg

Here is 1920x1080

JKYHiXK.jpg

Yeah... But where's the after picture?

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

And after? I don't have ultrawide...

2 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yeah... But where's the after picture?

That's easy guys. Just look at the pic. The police clock is in the upper left hand corner of a normal screen. The mini map is on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can basically just imagine the sides cut to those points. And that is what you get. And it's really a shame.

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

That's easy guys. Just look at the pic. The police clock is in the upper left hand corner of a normal screen. The mini map is on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can basically just imagine the sides cut to those points. And that is what you get. And it's really a shame.

So you're saying that the HUD icons should be in the furthest most corners of the screen? I don't think that's absolutely necessary. Helps give some unobstructed peripheral vision.

7 hours ago, fourkillmaster said:

So with the recent patch they removed the Unreal Engine workaround for ultra-wide monitors and now the game is a nauseating mess as counselors unless you switch to 16:9. I don't really understand why the workaround was removed as I doubt it added any real advantage to players besides making them less sick while playing, either way official support would be nice.

This is what the game looked like before yesterday's update as counselor.

YiEZ9NJ.jpg

That Looks ugly , man.

31 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

So you're saying that the HUD icons should be in the furthest most corners of the screen? I don't think that's absolutely necessary. Helps give some unobstructed peripheral vision.

Read the posts I was quoting. They wanted to see an after the update pic.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Read the posts I was quoting. They wanted to see an after the update pic.

Here is what it looks like now in-game, I'll edit the OP to include this.

yGCHEZV.jpg

1 minute ago, fourkillmaster said:

Here is what it looks like now in-game, I'll edit the OP to include this.

So now you have to play the game like everyone else? So what...?

You get a huge advantage being able to see so much more. I understand you wanting to take advantage of your fancy ass monitor (really, I kind of wish I had one now lol) but that really does seem unfair...

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

So now you have to play the game like everyone else? So what...?

You get a huge advantage being able to see so much more. I understand you wanting to take advantage of your fancy ass monitor (really, I kind of wish I had one now lol) but that really does seem unfair...

If I had to go back again I would probably just get a 4k monitor, for all it's worth ultrawide's lack of native support across most titles and requirement of editing most game files to get it to work is a chore. I'd argue the wider FOV didn't really offer an advantage, I already knew if Jason was there based off his band that follows him around.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

I already knew if Jason was there based off his band that follows him around.

offtopic but this is one of the best things ive ever read yet. now i cant stop laughing everytime he turns up with his music just imagining all the dedicated synth players and the entire moving orchestra following him closely while he slaughters innocent teen counselors

as for the advantage, this isnt a competitive game to be fair. i personally wouldnt mind this as someone who plays on terrible graphics with low framerate on 1400x700 or so resolution

20 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

If I had to go back again I would probably just get a 4k monitor, for all it's worth ultrawide's lack of native support across most titles and requirement of editing most game files to get it to work is a chore.

I looked at getting an ultrawide a little while back, but I heard this same thing from multiple people. If you get it to work the experience is amazing, but it always comes down to if you can get it to work.

22 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

I'd argue the wider FOV didn't really offer an advantage, I already knew if Jason was there based off his band that follows him around.

Touche. Its advantages probably show when playing as Jason though.

i can't play anymore since now half of my screen is filled with the counselor. headache.

Dev please make an official support for us 21:9 users. I’d definitely pay for it as a $100 DLC . Without it i literally can’t play. The screen was cut top and bottlm, and filled with counselors body almost half of the screen. And it zoom too much. Please give us fix. Thanks

I want one of them Ultra Wides but I haven't seen one that doesn't look soft. And unless it's a titty or a blanket, I ain't plunking down that much cash for something soft.  

But seeing what they've done to the cropping now, I'd much rather play on a 16:9 monitor instead. Whether it's an advantage or not, the original ultra-wide look of the game was beautiful. 

3 hours ago, fourkillmaster said:

If I had to go back again I would probably just get a 4k monitor,

Don't get a 4k monitor. It's not worth it for games at this point. You'll end up having to bump things down to 1440p anyway and you'll barely even notice a difference without putting your nose up to the screen. 4k is only good for movies or live action video. At normal viewing distances you can see the difference between resolutions, but with games (or at least the ones I've been playing) you can't. 

If you wanna have the least problems, with the highest graphics settings and the lowest latency; stick with 1080p