Charlie Chainsaw

No XP In Single Player Challenges???!!

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Or Candyman. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We do care, that's why I'm answering questions on a Sunday afternoon.

Ever hear that old saying "Actions speak louder than words" ???

Why not get your team together and prove what you're saying? Doesn't matter if it's what you say on a Sunday afternoon or  what you say when you hold off releasing something to make sure it's right and then release something almost unplayable.

I may get a warning......I may get banned.......

But people will at least know SOMEONE cares about this game, this franchise and about most of the people in the forums.

Those that agree with me, feel free to show it with a like or a quote.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We do care, that's why I'm answering questions on a Sunday afternoon.

Ok. Appreciate the response. But why are we getting XP during the challenges? What is the XP skull? Are you saying all the XP we get during the challenges don’t count towards anything at all????!!!

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Ever hear that old saying "Actions speak louder than words" ???

Why not get your team together and prove what you saying? Doesn't matter if it's what you say on a Sunday afternoon or  what you say when you hold off releasing something to make sure it's right and then release something almost unplayable.

I may get a warning......I may get banned.......

But people will at least know SOMEONE cares about this game, this franchise and about most of the people in the forums.

Those that agree with me, feel free to show it with a like or a quote.

It is extremely disheartening that this question went unanswered all this time after being asked just MINUTES after the update was released.  

• Like 1

It’s the XP Score Skull. The XP earned from completing action and kills in Single Player Challenges goes towards unlocking the XP Score Skull. 

I understand the frustration of waiting for a response, though I am sure you understand that I’ve received far more questions on many platforms than is typical. That’s why I am still going through them on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It’s the XP Score Skull. The XP earned from completing action and kills in Single Player Challenges goes towards unlocking the XP Score Skull. 

I understand the frustration of waiting for a response, though I am sure you understand that I’ve received far more questions on many platforms than is typical. That’s why I am still going through them on Sunday. 

Can you answer why the decision was made for us to get XP during the challenges, but actually not have it count at all??? That makes no sense. I don’t understand the logic behind that. 

10 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It is extremely disheartening that this question went unanswered all this time after being asked just MINUTES after the update was released.  

Yup......but notice how quickly he responded when someone questioned how they operate?

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Can you answer why the decision was made for us to get XP during the challenges, but actually not have it count at all??? That makes no sense. I don’t understand the logic behind that. 

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Then why does it show XP during the challenges? And what is the XP skull??

I assume that the XP skull is just how much XP you get in for that session. a.k.a. A third skull for another emote.

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Single Player Challenges do not award traditional game XP. They award a one time CP award and a one time Emote unlock for each Skull Objective that a player completes.

So rewards for the counselors but not for Jason?

Look, 113 is only tolerable as a level unlock if there is an ALTERNATE method to unlock the weapon swap.

Like, on, I dunno... Getting all skulls in all single player challenges or finding and fulfilling all the special kills/tasks in all missions?

I found out that the gamma on my game randomly fell down on my PC copy, so I was able to brighten the game up on my 150 profile and... what do you know, I felt like a kid in a candy store, doing whatever kills I wanted with whatever Jason I wanted. Part 5 with machete or battle axe to emulate moments of the movie, doing fun cinematic style kills with Savini Jason, just enjoying myself and playing for the sheer fun of it.

But as it stands, single player, while fun, gives nothing for players who like Jason, just fluff for the counselors. I've noticed each challenge gives a specific task to be performed by a specific Jason. huh, so in a manner of speaking, there is a specific Jason tied to each mission. That's cool, so in a way, it forces you to experiment with each Jason. Using their perks and dealing with their weaknesses.

I'd play single player challenges over and over again with different Jasons and weapon combinations, except, you know, I can't do the weapon combos. Oh well, I can play it and get some EXP... oh wait, nope, can't do that. I guess I'll accomplish those challenges and special missions to unlock some neat skins and/or kills for Jason... oh, no wait that isn't a thing.

For a mode where you play as Jason and do things that Jason does and get skilled at using Jason and his abilities, not getting anything FOR Jason is something of a large letdown/missed opportunity.

As it stands, I was at 65 on my PS4 profile. I took the first day doing some challenges, only noting that I saw no EXP gain. So I stopped and began grinding bots to get exp. Now, sunday closing and with my limited timeframe to play my PS4 version, 73 is the level I managed to reach with all the exp bonuses over this event. Man, level 76 is still pretty far away, but I could grind for it a bit...

Oh yeah, I don't get anything for that level. I need to grind for 40 more levels before I can get anything nice for Jason.

a3a869308c672eb910779151196cd986.jpg

• Like 1

To me it looks more like the Single Player Challenges are the best place to farm CP, Bots for XP. If you actually look at your CP totals before and after you'll realize you can make as much or more than leveling up just for one SP Challenge and doing some of the challenge goals/skulls. 

Now I don't know if the bonus multiplier for this weekend is in effect on it but I've gained about 16k CP from completing and doing only the SP Challenges. 

On 5/27/2018 at 2:20 AM, Mawlock said:

Yeah, bots are a complete pain in the ass now. Fuck that. 

I've been hosting, then going afk all day, everyday since last week. I went from lvl 70 to 108. I recommend doing the same.

The game just isn't fun enough to warrant 500 or so hours of bullshit grinding just to unlock what should have been a standard feature. 

agreed 100%, but your method sounds interesting. i tried several glitches and exploits lately to get to weapon swap but they seem to have fixed most of the obvious ones. when you go afk, do you have some kinda thing to automatically move around? as far as i know it kicks you for being afk for too long? i should try that actually. i play on pc right now mainly cuz ps4 doesnt have dedicated servers and im almost level 85 on pc, ill just put up the game and join public lobbies and go afk with some kinda autoclicker or automatic key presser and see if that works.

8 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

agreed 100%, but your method sounds interesting. i tried several glitches and exploits lately to get to weapon swap but they seem to have fixed most of the obvious ones. when you go afk, do you have some kinda thing to automatically move around? as far as i know it kicks you for being afk for too long? i should try that actually. i play on pc right now mainly cuz ps4 doesnt have dedicated servers and im almost level 85 on pc, ill just put up the game and join public lobbies and go afk with some kinda autoclicker or automatic key presser and see if that works.

You only get kicked for being afk if you aren't the host. At least on ps4, anyway.

For pc, you may indeed want to use an autoclicker. That or one of those drinking birds. 

Edit: Before, I was just a measly level 70. But now, as of this moment, I am level 115, about to level up to 116! All in just 11 short days!

My AFK Hosting Technique worked absolute wonders for me! Maybe it can work for you! Why not try it for yourself today! Results guaranteed!

43 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

You only get kicked for being afk if you aren't the host. At least on ps4, anyway.

For pc, you may indeed want to use an autoclicker. That or one of those drinking birds. 

Edit: Before, I was just a measly level 70. But now, as of this moment, I am level 115, about to level up to 116! All in just 11 short days!

My AFK Hosting Technique worked absolute wonders for me! Maybe it can work for you! Why not try it for yourself today! Results guaranteed!

On PC, the best thing to do is to go and hide in a hiding place. You can go AFK all match and will get the 500 exp for the end of round, something for the time bonus, and more if Jason never finds you or is killed.

44 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

On PC, the best thing to do is to go and hide in a hiding place. You can go AFK all match and will get the 500 exp for the end of round, something for the time bonus, and more if Jason never finds you or is killed.

But that would require you to check on the game at the start of every match. 

My way, you go afk and go bowling/skating/the movies/partying/shopping...whatever you feel like.