Jdt827

Single Player Challenges Review

45 minutes ago, Ahab said:

but #10 seems the most difficult to remain undetected. Deborah keeps coming downstairs and seeing Chad's body in the chair when I am in the kitchen dealing with Eric... this does make things more difficult when Adam and Tiffany run down the stairs and charge out the door behind Deb. I will get back to that one and try again.

Not sure if you have tried it this way kill Eric in Kitchen first then kill chad. I did it in that order and Deborah never came downstairs to spot Chad and after you kill Chad it's only the 3 left upstairs to kill.

36 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

i could post my run of mission 10 wih all skull/objectives done minus the break the lights if u want... not sure if u wanna be spoiled or not.

Not necessary, but thanks anyway... I will figure it out when I get back to it.
   Spoilers don't really bug me, they help me to recognize foreshadowing. Every writer has a bit of a different style, but most use the same tricks. For me its not what happens at the end, but how they get there.

I see now that you posted the video right before I posted this... I will check it out after I get the objective to see if I did anything differently... or I will come back and check it out if I get too frustrated.

@ausanimal Yup, came up through the basement and killed Eric first that way. Tried a bunch of different ways... if it is not Deborah coming down stairs and seeing Chad, then its me missing a grab on Adam... or some other crappy luck. I have all of the other objectives finished in my first couple attempts... just that elusive undetected for that one. I will try it again tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Deborah always went to the bathroom after leaving Adam's room when I did mission 10.

There might be a time frame on when she leaves Adam room to going to bathroom and going downstairs not sure i had no problem after i killed Chad but Luck likes to screw you over  a bit sometimes in these challenges. I'm going back though and doing the objectives i missed or need to do a 2nd run to do some objectives and with any luck fix the glitch that's stopping me from equipping the flirt emote, i think there is a few that i can't equip.

I  very much enjoyed single player challenges, A relaxed gaming session that I took at my own pace. No trolls to contend with nor annoying squeakers. I loved the movie references liberally sprinkled through out the challenges. My favorite things were stalking the counselors, listening to their dialogue, and maximizing my objective kills in a single go. 

Things I really felt they could improve were the ability to skip cut scenes, subtitles for the dialogue so I didn’t have to worry about mis hearing the counselors, and to use more of the cast of counselors in more challenges.

After completeing all the challenges 100% tonight the only thing I wanted was more challenges, I’m really hoping they will add more in the future referencing more of the films.

• Like 2

I'm loving it so far, I have already made it through the challenge mode but i do have some thoughts....

I have to say I agree with everyone saying cut scenes should be skippable. Redoing a challenge and sitting through the cut scene 50 times because Chad saw you playing with your weiner through a brick wall is no fun and also yeah more counselor variety would have been great but they could possibly be saving the others for future challenges, we don't know.

The new grab is better but then again that's not saying much is it? I like the new audio cue for it though. All in all I love the improvements to the game but I miss the days when Jason was actually scary. When you could accidently kill a teammate trying to save them, true you can turn on team killing in private matches but then again I have no friends that play this game so it' not really an option for players like me. I guess what I'm trying to say is I miss the old Jason and this one by comparison should be in that wheelchair, not buggzy...

I know gun media has said that they won't do a single player councillor mode because of the coding/work to make a believable Jason so but damn would I love it. Also it cuts out a big portion of the game if you don't have internet.

I think the time to make a good Jason ai is well worth it. It would be a shot in the arm and could help mitigate some complaints about dedicated servers until they finally come out.

Thanks for all the hard work gun media, I know I gripe a lot but I enjoy the game immensely!

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, Pazuzu said:

Not sure how to prevent Chad from spotting me in the second challenge. No matter where I hide he spots me the moment he enters the cabin. He will even somehow spot me when I'm stalking Jenny way over at the barn.

Also, I'm only on the Strip Poker challenge but A.J. seems to have really made her way through the male members of the cast (Adam, Mitch, Kenny, Chad)!

I loved everything about the single player challenges.  It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of the F13 experience of the movies.  I do wish some of them could have been a bit longer and involved more counselors, but, all in all, I think they did a good job.  I don't know how much they cost to make, but if they want to make more and offer them in DLC packs I would gladly give some cash for them.  I would be far more willing to spend real money on a SP challenge DLC pack of 5 or so additional challenges than something like another emote pack.  It could be a good way of monetizing something people are willing to pay for.  If they do make more challenges in the future, I hope they use packanack, Crystal Lake, and any currently unreleased maps we may be getting in the future, as well as counselors who didn't get much screen time in the released challenges.  The only other thing I would change about these challenges is the amount of objectives.  The number they offered is great, but I would welcome even more objectives in the future that continually award some type of CP and XP.   Other than the wonky AI detection in them, I think Gun hit the nail on the head with these challenges and I really hope to see more in the future. 

Oh- I went off on a tangent-- the reason I initially responded to you was this: I got chad by hiding in the kitchen and waiting for him to go to the fireplace then I just used stalk and shift to get behind him and grab him to throw him into the fire.  Then I headed out for Jenny.  And yes, I noticed AJ's promiscuity too. lol.  This whole time we all thought Tiffany was the slut character.  Wow, AJ really seemed to steal that title from her after these challenges. lol.  I know each challenges has nothing to do with the others, but through them all AJ seemed to be screwing the entire cast.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Deborah always went to the bathroom after leaving Adam's room when I did mission 10.

6 hours ago, ausanimal said:

There might be a time frame on when she leaves Adam room to going to bathroom and going downstairs not sure i had no problem after i killed Chad but Luck likes to screw you over  a bit sometimes in these challenges. I'm going back though and doing the objectives i missed or need to do a 2nd run to do some objectives and with any luck fix the glitch that's stopping me from equipping the flirt emote, i think there is a few that i can't equip.

Yeah, before you kill Chad, listen for foot steps and a door closing upstairs.  That's Deborah heading into the upstairs bathroom.  Wait till after that to kill Chad so that she doesn't spot you walking past the stairs.  Then quickly run up the stairs and kill her in the bathroom. Then proceed to do the special kill on pink shirt Tiffany and Kill Adam in his room.

• Like 1

What I like:

• Replay potential of the scenarios - each scenario definitely needs to be replayed more than once, and had replay value because the conversations change between counselors during scenes.
  • The cutscenes were pretty funny for most of the scenarios, and I actually found myself laughing at some of the things happening during the scenario or the conversations that the characters were having. That said, the voice acting was pretty good!
  • The kill animations were excellent. The cinematic approach to using these special kills made the challenges very interesting, and I found myself not minding having to replay a couple times to get them.
  • Just as a general comment, I was so happy that they added the challenges. It's a great way to play solo and take a break from multiplayer.

Things I didn't care for:

• The overall grind-y feeling of trying to complete objectives to advance to the next scenario while also trying to get the 3 skull objectives. These pieces should have been tied together a bit closer, I feel. Completing the objectives should have lead to the "perfect" 3-skull run.
  • The disconnected feeling of each scenario. Knowing it wasn't a full "story," makes this easier to swallow, but it could have been much more interesting to tie a storyline to the challenges, rather than there being 10 separate scenarios.
  • The AI tended to see me through blocked windows and at one point on Stargazing, I was seen through a wall.
  • As previously mentioned by some, the inability to skip the opening scene was a bit disappointing. Having to listen to the Strip Poker intro 30 times wasn't fun.
  • The number of bugs in the challenges - double AJ in Strip Poker, AJ & Adam still making out in bed even after being killed during Packanack Party, or how I am still running into AI that get caught on rocks.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the Single Player Challenges. The emotes were a nice reward for getting all of the skulls. I spent most of Thursday and Friday completing all of them. The challenges were fun. They managed to capture part of the essence that made F13 such a great movie franchise. The challenges definitely have some kinks to work out if they plan on doing more in the future, but overall, I would definitely play more if they released them.

Has anyone had issues with Challenge #3 the Speed Demon Objective. It says you have to kill both counselors within 2 minutes of the match starting, I just killed both and finished in 1:54 but did not get the check mark for the objective. Anyone else encounter this?

10 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Has anyone had issues with Challenge #3 the Speed Demon Objective. It says you have to kill both counselors within 2 minutes of the match starting, I just killed both and finished in 1:54 but did not get the check mark for the objective. Anyone else encounter this?

I did have that issue the first few times. I ended up getting it randomly when I thought I wouldn't.

9 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I did have that issue the first few times. I ended up getting it randomly when I thought I wouldn't.

Yeah I jsut finished it in 1:37 and still didn’t get it. Im assuming there is certain way you have to kill them?

If I remember right, I got it from doing the Kenny kill at the power box, and then killing AJ in the door of the 2nd cabin.

2 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Yeah I jsut finished it in 1:37 and still didn’t get it. Im assuming there is certain way you have to kill them?

9 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

If I remember right, I got it from doing the Kenny kill at the power box, and then killing AJ in the door of the 2nd cabin.

Tried that and it didn’t work either. This is frustrating. Lol

I like them. It's very easy to be spotted by the counsellors even when you're still undetected which makes no sense lol but other than that They're pretty fun and challenging. I hope they do more with the next update. And also, these new maps are nice additions. I only wish they were available to play in MP. I wish there was a challenge that had all of the counsellors on a map and you had to kill them all. But there was no escape like the movies and they just had to outlast you until the timer ran out or kill you.

I'm sure there are several bugs that need to be hammered out in the challenges, so we'll probably see something on it in a future patch.

I've 100% them all except for the last one, because Tiffany keeps spotting me. From the second floor. While I'm in the basement...

What annoys me about the challenges is that it's either stealth or boring. If the counselors see you, they don't "try to fight you" like the devs claimed counselors like Buggzy and Adam would do, they just run away. I've played each challenge about 7,377 times because I get spotted from 500 feet away through walls, and I've had ONE counselor try to hit me with a weapon.

Being spotted just turns challenges into offline bots mode with a quicker and easier escape route for the counselors.

46 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

What annoys me about the challenges is that it's either stealth or boring. If the counselors see you, they don't "try to fight you" like the devs claimed counselors like Buggzy and Adam would do, they just run away. I've played each challenge about 7,377 times because I get spotted from 500 feet away through walls, and I've had ONE counselor try to hit me with a weapon.

Being spotted just turns challenges into offline bots mode with a quicker and easier escape route for the counselors.

If I saw towering maniac with hockey mask and a weapon, I'd run. I don't have an issue with the AI doing that, seems more likely than attempting to beat you up with a wrench. 

Agree that sometimes the detection is off but overall I think they did a great job... But cut scene skip, please. 

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

If I saw towering maniac with hockey mask and a weapon, I'd run. I don't have an issue with the AI doing that, seems more likely than attempting to beat you up with a wrench. 

Agree that sometimes the detection is off but overall I think they did a great job... But cut scene skip, please. 

It would be nice if they reacted a little realistically. For instance, who dives outside through a window after seeing a towering maniac with a hockey mask and a weapon standing outside their cabin? Nobody; that's who. The counselors going into a couple of hiding spots would actually be kind of neat in the challenges; like watching a fear simulator or something. Oddly, though, they never make an attempt to hide.

It would also be cool if the counselors said some things like, "Umm... Adam? I swore I just saw somebody outside the window." Or, "Did you guys hear that noise outside? Somebody go check it out." Just some different ways for the challenges to play out more spontaneously.

I liked standing outside the second cabin on the AJ/Kenny one and listening to AJ cycle through all her normal dialogue waiting for Kenny.  The counselors hair looks like crappy CAW hair from a WWE game in the cutscenes though.  Haven't played through them all yet, but love it so far.

I’m still stuck on objective #9 at Pinehurst. I’ve completed all of the specials including the secret kill, but still can’t get more than one skull in a single match. I don’t have too much difficulty in getting everybody in the main house except maybe Vanessa, but the real problem is Deb. You have literally 15 seconds to get her at the very beginning but her angle of approach to the house keeps shifting. Originally she kept stopping to rest in the apple orchard most of the time but then she began mixing it up more by stopping at either the stop sign or the car to rest. And her pit stops are too short so be able to shift grab her from a central location. Not only that but her detection time is wicked short. Basically you have a 1 in 3 chance to correctly predict which way she will go and then hope for the best. At least it is a quick restart. And If I do get her then I wind up fucking up on Vanessa somehow. Someday I’ll get it but this one is pretty aggrevating. I’m sure 10 will be even harder. 

50 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’m still stuck on objective #9 at Pinehurst. I’ve completed all of the specials including the secret kill, but still can’t get more than one skull in a single match. I don’t have too much difficulty in getting everybody in the main house except maybe Vanessa, but the real problem is Deb. You have literally 15 seconds to get her at the very beginning but her angle of approach to the house keeps shifting. Originally she kept stopping to rest in the corn field most of the time but then she began mixing it up more by stopping at either the stop sign or the car to rest. And her pit stops are too short so be able to shift grab her from a central location. Not only that but her detection time is wicked short. Basically you have a 1 in 3 chance to correctly predict which way she will go and then hope for the best. At least it is a quick restart. And If I do get her then I wind up fucking up on Vanessa somehow. Someday I’ll get it but this one is pretty aggrevating. I’m sure 10 will be even harder. 

If you get De band Eric outside, you just need to be careful with Vanessa. Make her the last one and go for Bugsy and AJ. AJ first, Bugsy second (use stalk), and just watch Vanessa when she goes from room 1 to room 2.