I'm enjoying the challenges so far - just getting to #5, below are a few of my initial thoughts:

• I feel like if the devs wanted to, they could easily incorporate some of the kills - like the stop sign or the generators - into the multiplayer version of the game
  • The storyline is all over the place... Obviously they couldn't be perfectly continuous because there's only so many characters, but jeez AJ has already boinked half the cast and I'm only 5 challenges in!
    • That being said, I totally enjoy the narratives as separate entities
  • So far challenge 4 has had the best kills: The harpoon! The hidden objective one! 
  • We should definitely be earning XP for completing these challenges
  • PLEASE ADD A SKIP BUTTON FOR THE INTRO VIDEOS... I LIKE THEM A LOT, I DO, BUT I'VE HAD TO REPLAY SOME OF THESE CHALLENGES SO MANY DAMN TIMES I KNOW THE ENTIRE SCENE WORD FOR WORD

Overall, like I said, really enjoying these challenges! I hope they make more!

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I was going to watch @Ghostboy20's stream... but I got caught up in the moment. I usually do not care about spoilers, but I actually wanted to figure these out on my own. I got quite a few of the hidden objectives... they did great work on these and many of the other new kills for the challenges... No spoiler.... but the Pinehurst hidden objective was very nice. I still have a couple to figure out... There are still a few objectives that are not hidden that I need to go back for as well. I would like to see as many of these kills in multiplayer as possible, but some would look a bit weird using the grab on them.

It was kinda buggy SP Challenges, some of A.I don't act right and I notices they can spot you even if your not that close to them 

19 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

- Low stress gameplay - multiplayer created a lot of wasted time with sessions ending, players quitting, trolls, etc... it’s nice to just hold myself accountable for my experience (with fair amount of reliance on no bugs and glitches)

Low stress? Right. Multiple restarts in every mission past #2. Mission 10 pissed me off excessively. I will agree that this mode is fun. But there are several problems that I have.

1. Weird AI detection. Can see you behind walls at some points.

2. Time limit, but when the last 2 minutes are announced you've pretty much fucked up.

3. Certain objectives require you to lose your Undetected Skull. Like the Throwing Knife challenge.

4. Weird AI scripting. Considering that everything is happening in real time, you can't know where everyone is at one time. If you spend so much time on one target, you might miss the chance at another one, requiring you to do the mission again once you've competed it one way. The biggest flaw in the scripting is that once a certain person does their thing, you won't get the opportunity to do it again. Mission 10 is my most hated because once I kill all three outside targets, the ones inside the house never leave, and two of them have a walk pattern. Chad never leaves his seat, Eric leaves then returns back to the couch and never leaves. Deborah, Adam, and Tiffany 1 never leave the upstairs, but wander around and end up seeing Chad if you kill him in his chair. I have all objectives, but no skulls in this mission.

• Like 1

First of all, thank you GUN/Illfonic for releasing the patch and not calling it quits yet. I hope you guys continue to refine and add more content to the game. That said, heres my review/feedback of the new engine and challenges.(PS4)

The new engine took me by surprise, it looks twice as good as before. Textures are sharper and the new lighting is great. Love those God rays. I did notice however that the basement of the Jarvis house (challenge 10) could be a lot darker due to the lack of a direct light source. I noticed shadows are more realistic and Jasons mask shadow is also cast. I did notice some pop in especially with lights. Additionally the water is more reflective and i saw splashing effects and bubbles (needs more). The new grab is cool and makes you have to be more precise. Maybe make it a tad shorter? The stinger is also great but I think it would be better if it played only when in stalk. I also noticed bugzy sometimes with eyes redder than the devils di*k. Oh and hit detection is better.

The challenges are a welcome addition as they capture the feel of the movies and are in fact challenging. However, I wish there was more freedom in how you tackle them. It does feel like there is a certain order the counselors have to die with certain challenges. Some snags i found include : not being able to interact with enviromental kills, counselors disappering into the floor/flying in the air and grab kills clipping on uneven terrain. One time I had to kill kenny 4 times before he stayed dead. All that was left was a torso with 1 1/2 legs which was pretty cool.  These are a few things I would like expanded or introduced : being able to lure counselors by opening doors, disabling power, moving objects (where did this go/come from?) and making noise (radios on/off, breaking/throwing stuff). It seems like counselors are either obvlious or fleeing in terror (without alerting others) and there really isnt any middleground unless it was directly programmed. Also not a fan of time limits or counselors spotting me through trees. I would like future challenges to be more like a sandbox of murder. It would be cool if each new pack focused on certain films and included new maps, kills, weapons and counselors. The end.

On most of the 2 of 3 ones, undetected was the miss- can I just hide in those missions and earn that unlock on its own?

To the people who thought Mark was going to be included in the SP challenges...

Image result for trololo gif

Hopefully they add wheelchair to MP. If you are gimped and without medspray...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

Low stress? Right. Multiple restarts in every mission past #2. Mission 10 pissed me off excessively. I will agree that this mode is fun. But there are several problems that I have.

1. Weird AI detection. Can see you behind walls at some points.

2. Time limit, but when the last 2 minutes are announced you've pretty much fucked up.

3. Certain objectives require you to lose your Undetected Skull. Like the Throwing Knife challenge.

4. Weird AI scripting. Considering that everything is happening in real time, you can't know where everyone is at one time. If you spend so much time on one target, you might miss the chance at another one, requiring you to do the mission again once you've competed it one way. The biggest flaw in the scripting is that once a certain person does their thing, you won't get the opportunity to do it again. Mission 10 is my most hated because once I kill all three outside targets, the ones inside the house never leave, and two of them have a walk pattern. Chad never leaves his seat, Eric leaves then returns back to the couch and never leaves. Deborah, Adam, and Tiffany 1 never leave the upstairs, but wander around and end up seeing Chad if you kill him in his chair. I have all objectives, but no skulls in this mission.

I haven’t really experienced these personally, but fair assessment.

A creepy highlight for me was missing the timing on a kill, then seeing that turn into a case of voyeurism where a character was just standing there watching two other characters engaged in coitus.

3 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I haven’t really experienced these personally, but fair assessment.

I was spotted by Deb on Packanack despite being completely hidden behind a wall.

I've been rushed because of the time limit, which is stupid when you are trying to learn the behavior of your targets.

When you go for those particular kills, you will understand.

11 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

Agree! It’s just very refreshing to have the variety.

Variety is the spice of life.

18 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

I was spotted by Deb on Packanack despite being completely hidden behind a wall.

I've been rushed because of the time limit, which is stupid when you are trying to learn the behavior of your targets.

When you go for those particular kills, you will understand.

Yeah it seems you’re not the only one who has had all those listed issues happen. I’m sure I will the more I replay them. Hopefully we are at a good starting point for the evolution of the game and I hope feedback like yours help them fine tune the weaknesses.

The wheelchair physics seemed way off. The wheelchair also makes no noise. And why does Bugzy stand up out of it?

Stalking behing a corner I have heard him say it was a trampoline accident and a surfing accident. Curious as to what other stories he tells Deb.

Overall, great job on SP challenges. I think they are really fun. Something to do and switch between MP and these. The cinematic intros and way you captured moments from the movies is excellent.

Please let us skip the intros though! It gets old when you keep restarting the level. 

In mission 2, upstairs bedroom to the right has a Ghost bed. Basically a floating pillow and no bed.

The lighting will need fixed Argento. Lots of weird glows.

I figured instead of making a new thread,id post this here. Having trouble with challenge #2. I did both Aj popcorn kill, and mitch electricution. Do I have to kill chad too, to get to 3rd challenge? I just cant get him in time at the fireplace,he always detects me! Ive tried this over 15 times ! 

1 hour ago, antonz said:

I figured instead of making a new thread,id post this here. Having trouble with challenge #2. I did both Aj popcorn kill, and mitch electricution. Do I have to kill chad too, to get to 3rd challenge? I just cant get him in time at the fireplace,he always detects me! Ive tried this over 15 times ! 

How are you approaching him? His AI might put him at an angle at the fireplace, but yes, you are supposed to cook him. I hid in one of the rooms inside of the house and waited to sneak up on him when Jenny left. Depending on how he is sitting, you may have to change your approach angle.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Ghostboy20 said:

It was kinda buggy SP Challenges, some of A.I don't act right and I notices they can spot you even if your not that close to them 

I was expecting bugs... but other than Bugsy standing up in the wheelchair several times, I have not noticed any.... yet. I am sure I will see more of them as I play the challenges again.
  The A.I. is not that great... but there are noticeable improvements over what they were. Hopefully more improvements are made in the future.
  I have heard the A.I. scream from behind a wall in the challenges without actually seeing me. Their behavior continued on script and I did not get a notification for "Undetected failed". They can see you through a window if your are too close to it, then they break script and run. Make sure you are getting the "Undetected Failure" notice before restarting to try again... It should also tell you if it is failed in the objectives list... when you press "tab". 
  I have found you only need to use stalk if you need to open a door to get to someone and want to remain unnoticed. I walked around Eric in the kitchen of the vacation house in stalk and he did not see me... then he got cork screwed. It did seem that stalk made Jason invisible, at least in this instance... I will have to test it out again to see if it works like this any time stalk is used in the challenges... I wonder if that is a bug or intended. If you are having problems remaining undetected in a certain spot, try using stalk for that one.
  I still have not got the undetected objective for challenges 7, 8 and 10... also have not got the XP objective for challenge 10... yet.

I love the Single Player Challenges. Honestly in the future I would love more challenges and I love the cutscenes. It makes me want a full Friday the 13th story mode or mission mode rather then challenges where you play out an entire movie. However the AI seems to notice Jason too quickly in places they should be unable to see him. 

I’d love for them to do a full story mode with the next single player challenges. It would have been perfect to start with Buggzy and Adam repairing the car and then the next challenges take place at the party. Like:

Challenge One: kill Buggzy and Adam while trying to get to the party.

Challenge Two: at the party, kill Tiffany and Chad. 

Challenge Three: kill AJ and Kenny while doing it. 

Like a consecutive challenge story mode that wraps all together. That’d be really cool and a nice cinematic type experience. Like a create your own friday story kind of. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

I still have not got the undetected objective for challenges 7, 8 and 10... also have not got the XP objective for challenge 10... yet.

I know for 8 was other people seeing the dead body's that got me the first couple tries not sure if that's the reason your not getting it. If you kill Buggzy when he is looking for beer Kenny will find his body and if you smash AJ face into a mirror Chad will find it after a while. It doesn't take Kenny long to reach Bugzy by time you kill Bugzy morph to AJ kill her then morph back Kenny could be at cabin if not in it.

3 hours ago, ausanimal said:

I know for 8 was other people seeing the dead body's that got me the first couple tries not sure if that's the reason your not getting it. If you kill Buggzy when he is looking for beer Kenny will find his body and if you smash AJ face into a mirror Chad will find it after a while. It doesn't take Kenny long to reach Bugzy by time you kill Bugzy morph to AJ kill her then morph back Kenny could be at cabin if not in it.

I grabbed Kenny the moment he saw Bugsy's body... and cracked his back on the fridge. Surprisingly enough, when I morphed to the bathroom, A.J. was still walking up to it... after smashing in the mirror with A.J.'s face, there is more than enough time to go back to the cabin Chad is sitting in and wait for him to walk out before grabbing him.
   I just need the undetected skull for challenge 10 now. It is tricky to get in some of the challenges... but #10 seems the most difficult to remain undetected. Deborah keeps coming downstairs and seeing Chad's body in the chair when I am in the kitchen dealing with Eric... this does make things more difficult when Adam and Tiffany run down the stairs and charge out the door behind Deb. I will get back to that one and try again.

I also tried to spend some time in the kitchen with Eric to see if stalk did make you invisible to them. It took him a while to see me, but he saw me... so stalk does not quite make you invisible to them in the challenges... but it works great on them.

Hope to see more challenges in the future, cos these are helluva fun. I'm ready to pay 5-10$ for new "challenges DLC pack" anytime. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I grabbed Kenny the moment he saw Bugsy's body... and cracked his back on the fridge. Surprisingly enough, when I morphed to the bathroom, A.J. was still walking up to it... after smashing in the mirror with A.J.'s face, there is more than enough time to go back to the cabin Chad is sitting in and wait for him to walk out before grabbing him.
   I just need the undetected skull for challenge 10 now. It is tricky to get in some of the challenges... but #10 seems the most difficult to remain undetected. Deborah keeps coming downstairs and seeing Chad's body in the chair when I am in the kitchen dealing with Eric... this does make things more difficult when Adam and Tiffany run down the stairs and charge out the door behind Deb. I will get back to that one and try again.

I also tried to spend some time in the kitchen with Eric to see if stalk did make you invisible to them. It took him a while to see me, but he saw me... so stalk does not quite make you invisible to them in the challenges... but it works great on them.

i could post my run of mission 10 wih all skull/objectives done minus the break the lights if u want... not sure if u wanna be spoiled or not.