Dolemite

Impressions of the New Patch/Engine

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

As the guys at work say, "wash it and it's brand new" (in reference to the same subject).

I wouldn't be surprised if there were already "Uber toys" out there lmao

A.J. and Tiffany would def want Uber Jason then xD

Haven't played as Jason yet but the game looks and plays great as a counselor so far. I have noticed some door and drawer sound effects not working though. 

Is it me, or does Fear seem to play a greater factor now?  Seems like there is more stumbling and your fear spikes quicker if you hang around Jason too long, or in the dark alone.  I hope this is the case, cause this is what I always wanted.  I think this would be the right step towards balance.

24 minutes ago, VoorheesPlease said:

Haven't played as Jason yet but the game looks and plays great as a counselor so far. I have noticed some door and drawer sound effects not working though. 

A few sound effects have vanished. Barricading a door is now silent.

10 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Starting to think this must be Ben's troll account...

Nah, I have just been enjoying the new update. I have only run into the audio bugs so far. 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Is it me, or does Fear seem to play a greater factor now?  Seems like there is more stumbling and your fear spikes quicker if you hang around Jason too long, or in the dark alone.  I hope this is the case, cause this is what I always wanted.  I think this would be the right step towards balance.

I noticed this too. I run the highest nerves of steel perk on Tiffany and it always gave her a great composure buff, but she gets scared almost immediately now when I’m around Jason for more than a few seconds. 

3 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

After having completed the first five single player challenges, I am perplexed as to why AJ is sleeping her way through the entire camp. Adam, Mitch, Kenny......is LaChappa and Shelly getting a turn as well by the 10th episode?

they went and turned AJ into a thot 

So far, I am liking it. I have experienced a few issues, but not all that is being reported.

7 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I know. This irks me. I always loved the satisfaction of the door fortification sound. The sound of temporary relief!

Sounds missing, weird shadow/light effects (I use my flashight on a outside table, the upper of the table was dark), the glitch are still present and new ones appeared.

Technically speaking, what this update brings to the game ? It's a serious question, because I just play for 2 or 3 hours, I saw some news issues, but nothing really positive yet. 

And I've already report this on the issues thread, but why can't we walk between the stairs and the couch anymore on Higgins Heaven big house ?! 

W8BK3Bw.jpg

So I was waiting until I got a couple of multiplayer matches under my belt to review the new patch.  Here's my thoughts:. 

Single player challenges:. I absolutely loved these.  I have them all completed and I have to say it was real fun figuring out the patterns and where to be and when to be there.  The kill scenes were EPIC!   I loved the new kills.  There were several issues with textures and speech not matching the mouth movement and sparkly blood on Pinehurst, etc but overall I gave the SP challenges an A.  

Bots:  there isn't much to say here.  The bots are improved over what they were.  They are more of a challenge now since they will fix the phone and call the cops very quickly now.  Trap use is a great addition.  Still need some AI work, but heading in the right direction.  I give bots a C.  Only because there is room for improvement for that mode.

Multiplayer:  complete and utter garbage.  I will have a video on my YouTube to show why.  My first multiplayer match against good counselors and they proved Jason is a huge punching bag.  Even more so than before.  Lots of glitches and bugs.  LOTS.   It completely threw me out of any rythm I may have had and turned me into a noob.  Second match as a counselor and I was able to beat the hell out of Jason.  Mainly due to the locked grab animation.   Two things I noticed are now gone.  The pocket knife double stun and the trap double stun.  I'm torn here on this.  I could care less about the pocket knife stun and am glad it is gone, but setting traps randomly in the middle of nowhere and baiting Jason in was fun.  I knew I was going to die afterwards and was completely fine with that, but that was just about the only fun thing I had left to do with this game.  But, I get why it is gone.  It was also used to make a getaway.  I'm ok with the removal, but it does stink at the same time. Jason is stunned even easier in mid animation from pulling someone out of the car now.  That's worse if you ask me. Overall on multiplayer: D.   I think they may have just burried Jason for the last time unless they start rolling out hotfixes for some stuff. 

8 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Maddog, you didn't even mention the really nice bugs like the game giving you a random counselor or Jason.

I didn't have that happen but I did hear about it.  The group I played with decided after a few games that the game was too garbage to continue so we all went to different games.  I'll post my video under my topic "post your videos" in all things horror. 

On 5/25/2018 at 6:38 AM, Dolemite said:

Respect to your Dr. Phibes avatar. I love Vincent Price.

Believe me, with the track record of these devs, combined with the fact that this is indeed a new engine, no one expected it to be perfect in day one. I think it's just that people are sick of suffering through bugs and glitches and have little faith that the slew of new ones introduced in this update will ever be fixed.

Maybe not A1 devs... But they have not trivialized this franchise. Just curious (actual question, not being rude); could you make it better? Not talking about suggestions to fix it but LITERALLY program it? Well, these guys are fans as well. I feel they've done well.

37 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Just curious (actual question, not being rude); could you make it better? Not talking about suggestions to fix it but LITERALLY program it?

I've never claimed to be a programmer, so no. However, I've been playing video games for over 30 years, so I feel I'm qualified to critique one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Just curious (actual question, not being rude); could you make it better? Not talking about suggestions to fix it but LITERALLY program it?

No, in fact most of use here can not.  We are not the developers, we are their customers.   Modern game making practices these days are to support the game well past it's initial release date to maintain a player-base so they can continue to market additional content to them.  Is their any reason why DBD is thriving despite being older and offers less variety in gameplay than F13?  That game is polished and isn't a broken mess.  Compare that to F13, where for the longest time, one of the key means of escape has been broken for now half a year.  This new update even brought new bugs that now constantly plagues the entire experience.  I'm not accusing the developers of not caring, they wouldn't invest importing the game to a new engine if they didn't, but they have repeatedly shown they are incompetent to support the game by professional standard.   At this point after the release, we should be looking forward to new content that they can SELL to us, not hoping for fixes for long withstanding bugs.  I love this game, and this game is amazingly fun.... when it works.  The game doesn't work, will continue to lose players, and the last shred of confidence in the developers to fix it has run out. 

On 5/27/2018 at 10:59 AM, GeneiJin said:

No, in fact most of use here can not.  We are not the developers, we are their customers.   Modern game making practices these days are to support the game well past it's initial release date to maintain a player-base so they can continue to market additional content to them.  Is their any reason why DBD is thriving despite being older and offers less variety in gameplay than F13?  That game is polished and isn't a broken mess.  Compare that to F13, where for the longest time, one of the key means of escape has been broken for now half a year.  This new update even brought new bugs that now constantly plagues the entire experience.  I'm not accusing the developers of not caring, they wouldn't invest importing the game to a new engine if they didn't, but they have repeatedly shown they are incompetent to support the game by professional standard.   At this point after the release, we should be looking forward to new content that they can SELL to us, not hoping for fixes for long withstanding bugs.  I love this game, and this game is amazingly fun.... when it works.  The game doesn't work, will continue to lose players, and the last shred of confidence in the developers to fix it has run out. 

I still would rather the devs with an emotional commitment than a AAA dev that would lose the essence of the game.

Your argument was sound and can see your point of view. I'm just such a supporter that I have to believe "things will get fixed". 

On 5/25/2018 at 12:12 PM, Ste_Wolf said:

I thought they vanished too but every once in a while I'll get the barricading noise.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:14 AM, Dolemite said:

I've never claimed to be a programmer, so no. However, I've been playing video games for over 30 years, so I feel I'm qualified to critique one.

That is the most "union" answer I have heard, ever.

All kidding aside, I agree with you--gamers who have been around the block a time or two, who can remember reading Nintendo Power in an actual library, are some of the most astute gamers around because they've literally seen it all so far--which isn't to say the opinion of another gamer a little more "wet behind the ears" has any less validity--but I know whom I'm more inclined to align with more often than not.