Dolemite

Impressions of the New Patch/Engine

After playing some QP matches my impressions are not good.

The sweaty oily dark glisten of everything isn't visually pleasing to the eye.  Most of the maps are way too dark now and turning up the gamma just makes everything washed out.  

The movement has had some kind of change to it...either the sensitivity or the movement itself.  It's no longer like you're walking or running around but gliding/sliding around.

The car is all sorts of janky.  Part of this is because of the movement change whatever it is.  The other part is it seems to glitch every time I've seen someone or me in it.  Saw a Vanessa driving around who was in a standing position at the wheel.  Watched her start the car as I was standing next to the door and couldn't grab her out.  Tried driving myself and while I could drive in reverse just fine, trying to go forward just gave me a nice view of Deborah's sweater.  Needless to say I had to drive backwards all over the place until I hit something because of the jankiness and then couldn't correct it because I couldn't see where I was going when in drive.  Saw another car get stopped by Jason and watched the passenger fly away.  And then that whole invincibility frames that you claim was added?  They don't exist.  Car rubberbanding?  Still a thing. 

Getting locked on an interaction?  Still a thing.  Was in a cabin as Jason and the game forced me to break through a wall in rage and gave me no other choice as I couldn't do anything else. 

Trap placement was changed for counselors.  You now put them literally at your feet wherever you're standing. 

Sound effects don't match up or just don't exist anymore.  Barricading the door?  90% of the time there was no noise to indicate.  Starting the car?  The car start sounds after you're already moving.  Crashing through a window?  You got it, sound kicks in when the counselor stands up. 

Jason's grab?  Detection is still ass.  And now it gives extra free frames for counselors to stun you!

And finally the rubberbanding...it's not just limited to the car anymore!  

The game is in an almost unplayable state in my opinion.  1 step forward, 7 steps back.  

If I could revert the game back to yesterday, I would. 

• Like 1

There is so much wrong with this patch it's not even funny. Seriously, did they even test this? Because after 5 minutes you experience all kinds of random shite. My new favourite is when you enter/exit a window and can't do anything apart from slide around legs akimbo like my girl A.J is riding an invisible horse. You can reenter a window to cancel it out but if Jason is about you can't do a thing to protect yourself ?

Multiplayer is in a sad state right now. Probably the worst its been since launch. I knew this patch would make or break the game.. and sadly, it's broken it.

I'm having a blast with single player challenges tho, so I'm really grateful they got those out in time for the anniversary. I'd love to see more in the future with maybe some special weapon unlocks as a reward :)

• Like 1

My hope, faint as it is, is that now that they've delivered the admittedly pretty good singleplayer content that they should never have bothered with in the first place, they can stop diverting all their money and resources to single player content and start actually fixing bugs and working on the foundation of the game on which it will live or die.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:19 AM, Tailypo said:

Where’s Part 7 fall in the rankings now that he got his reworks? More viable, I hope?

Respect to your Dr. Phibes avatar. I love Vincent Price.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:29 AM, VoorheesGt101 said:

They fixed a lot but this is a whole new engine... there are going to be hiccups (which there are tons!), however I totally expected there to be tons of new issues due to the fact they moved an entire game to a newer engine. These will be much easier to hot-patch out with the current engine. I don't know why anybody would expect a patch of this type to be perfect on day one. 

Believe me, with the track record of these devs, combined with the fact that this is indeed a new engine, no one expected it to be perfect in day one. I think it's just that people are sick of suffering through bugs and glitches and have little faith that the slew of new ones introduced in this update will ever be fixed.

Holy shit, the bots are indeed more challenging now. They magically find all of the pocket knives, firecrackers, flare guns, and they aren't afraid to use 'em. They also run and evade way more realistically now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Holy shit, the bots are indeed more challenging now. They magically find all of the pocket knives, firecrackers, flare guns, and they aren't afraid to use 'em. They also run and evade way more realistically now.

Too many pocket knives and firecrackers now. 

I love most of the changes and new content.   The single layer challenges are great addition to the game.

But there seems to be rendering issues at the start of the game.

Audio seems to lag too during the 1st few minutes of the game.  Even offline against bots.

And of course the new grab.  Looks great, feels great, has great range but BAD radius.  The radius needs to be as wide as his shoulders.

Theres also some other things to nit pick, but im sure others will touch on it.

Other then that.  Can't wait to play more today.  

On 5/25/2018 at 8:58 AM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Too many pocket knives and firecrackers now. 

Yeah, they need to tone that shit down. I'm not sure if they added more defensive weapons or it's just that the bots are now just super-adept at immediately finding them all. Either way, it's too much.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:01 AM, HuDawg said:

of course the new grab.  Looks great, feels great, has great range but BAD radius.  The radius needs to be as wide as his shoulders.

Agreed...range is fine, radius has been nerfed. We're back to people running right past Jason's grab again, which is annoying. It was perfect before the update.

24 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I was impressed when mitch got in the car, drove near the exit but crashed, got out of the car quickly and ran to the police exit quick as fuck. We'll done bot mitch you escaped, you deserved it. 

Definitely improved for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Agreed...range is fine, radius has been nerfed. We're back to people running right past Jason's grab again, which is annoying. It was perfect before the update.

I said it in a few topics already but.

- His grab radius needs to be as wide as his shoulders.

- Has grab recovery after missing a grab, needs to have a few frames shaved off (its a bit too long)

And.. Jason needs to be sped up a bit.  He feels slower than he currently was.  Feels as if the Current Running Jasons are as fast as the Walking Jason from the prior update (That sped Jasons up)

18 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Yeah, they need to tone that shit down. I'm not sure if they added more defensive weapons or it's just that the bots are now just super-adept at immediately finding them all. Either way, it's too much.

I played a quick offline bots match this morning. EVERY bot had a pocket knife. And 6 of them threw firecrackers at me. 

• Thanks 1

I just played some offline bots games, and I'm pretty disappointed.

Savini's shirt texture looks awful. 

They went to extreme on the darkness, and turning the gamma up just makes it looked washed out.

Blood turns into rainbow colors at times.

The bots feel like they are getting more knives (And firecrackers) then they should.

And while I like feel of the new grab (mostly the sound), I know that cool down is going to be a bitch online.

10 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

to be fair, the entire campaign treats AJ as the town bicycle.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I'm on the fence still if I like the update or not. I played a few hours last night and the game crashed 4 times while I was playing challenge 4 so I lost all my progress on that challenge. The game is alot of darker now, I played one match of offline bots on Packanack and I couldn't see shit.  The bots are definitely smarter which is a plus but they didn't get the phone going immediately like other folks experienced. The grab feels more real but I have had a few times I should have a counselor in my hands but the game said I missed which was complete BS. I'm not sure if its my imagination but the kill sounds have improved. I crushed a head on one of the challenges and I swear the crunching sound changed. I haven't noticed any rainbow blood which is good and I hope I don't. The challenges are great so far but won't be very time consuming as I'm already on challenge 7 and there are only 10 total. I wish they were a little more complex.

9 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I love the new grab, it makes people have to... actually be good. I was just chased by a 150 that thought he was going to force grab me out of a bad shift a dozen times in a row. Sorry bud those days are over. This is vindication for the people that cried everyone needs to ...”git good” but now themselves don’t want to and expect to force grab everyone in 5 minutes like it used to be. 

i 100% disagree.   And its not even about 'getting gud'.   You need to see things from real perspectives other than you as a counselor not wanting to get grabbed.

The GRAB needs a bigger radius.   They nailed the range and the animation.  But a REAL grab radius is from shoulder to shoulder.  

Seriously..  go grab something in real life and you will instantly notice everything directly infront of you between both your shoulders is easy to grab.

Currently.. the issue is the grab has sort of a small tip, like Jason is reaching out from his face.    That grab radius does not match the grab animation.

Either way.. Almost there Gun.  Just widen that grab radius and its 100% perfect.

Also shave off a few recovery frames.  To much of hang after missing a grab.  Thats waaay to long.

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

I was impressed when mitch got in the car, drove near the exit but crashed, got out of the car quickly and ran to the police exit quick as fuck. We'll done bot mitch you escaped, you deserved it. 

Definitely improved for sure. 

Kohagan, eh?

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I said it in a few topics already but.

- His grab radius needs to be as wide as his shoulders.

- Has grab recovery after missing a grab, needs to have a few frames shaved off (its a bit too long)

And.. Jason needs to be sped up a bit.  He feels slower than he currently was.  Feels as if the Current Running Jasons are as fast as the Walking Jason from the prior update (That sped Jasons up)

I have noticed that the bots have been leaving me in the dust since the update. I agree with all of the adjustments you proposed up there, both on the grab and the overall speed of Jason.

4 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I have noticed that the bots have been leaving me in the dust since the update. I agree with all of the adjustments you proposed up there, both on the grab and the overall speed of Jason.

A few times last night i couldn't tell if i was Walking or Running with Jason.  Running Jason feels more like a slow jog now.  And with slower Jasons, even catching up to limping counselors takes longer than it should.

After having completed the first five single player challenges, I am perplexed as to why AJ is sleeping her way through the entire camp. Adam, Mitch, Kenny......is LaChappa and Shelly getting a turn as well by the 10th episode?

3 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

After having completed the first five single player challenges, I am perplexed as to why AJ is sleeping her way through the entire camp. Adam, Mitch, Kenny......is LaChappa and Shelly getting a turn as well by the 10th episode?

Bruh i know right.

1 minute ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I am perplexed as to why AJ is sleeping her way through the entire camp. 

She's grinding her way to lvl 113 for weapon swaps..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, HuDawg said:

At least she's not salty about it...

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

and 150 for that Uber Jason D! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

At least she's not salty about it...

After banging everyone, there's definitely something salty about it.   

Nuthin' a lil soap and water can't fix tho.

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

After banging everyone, there's definitely something salty about it.   

Nuthin' a lil soap and water can't fix tho.

As the guys at work say, "wash it and it's brand new" (in reference to the same subject).

5 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

and 150 for that Uber Jason D! 

I wouldn't be surprised if there were already "Uber toys" out there lmao