Adjusting gamma makes it seem lighter, but it also seems to reduce the quality of the graphics somehow. It looks really bad. 

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Maybe its time to upgrade your tv/monitor?

It's a 4K monitor, turning up the brightness makes everything looked washed out.

3 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

It's a 4K monitor, turning up the brightness makes everything looked washed out.

Thats wierd. I have a 4k tv and lowered my gamma to 2. Hopefully you find a solution. I would tinker with monitors gamma, contrast, brightness and backlight.

17 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think because this is a horror game, maybe its supposed to be dark??

I totally get your point. And I agree. The problem is not the darkness so much, but that everything has a weird effect. It looks unpolished. For instance sometimes the counselors face or hair glows like they're human lamps, things like that. 

Kind of reminds me of that moment when Rapunzel sings the healing flower song or whatever in Tangled, lol. The counselors be like: 

I enjoy the new lighting. I also think it actually adds to the whole "destroy the power box" as Jason. Because before as a counselor, I wouldn't really care if the power was out, but now, I am definitely fixing that to see better.

4 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Thats Matt hardys mugshot lol

So? 
You're still a Hardy Boys fan.

39 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:
40 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

That just makes the game look like trash.

He's right. There isn't much detail in the blacks that turning up the gamma reveals; it just starts turning black into grey.

It's probably too processor intensive to get the contrast right. It was good all the way up through the Beta, but once it got to the final release, they had to flatten everything out for consoles. So what I imagine they're doing is using the least detailed, lowest processor intensive ways to get that look back.

56 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

So? 
You're still a Hardy Boys fan.

He's right. There isn't much detail in the blacks that turning up the gamma reveals; it just starts turning black into grey.

It's probably too processor intensive to get the contrast right. It was good all the way up through the Beta, but once it got to the final release, they had to flatten everything out for consoles. So what I imagine they're doing is using the least detailed, lowest processor intensive ways to get that look back.

The game is too dark. No gamma rays gonna help you goober

14 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

The game is too dark. No gamma rays gonna help you goober

You have poor reading comprehension. 

I'm not sure how to approach this because I'm afraid you might be mentally handicapped.

• Haha 1

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

You have poor reading comprehension. 

I'm not sure how to approach this because I'm afraid you might be mentally handicapped.

You're one of those guys that thinks he's the smartest in the room but in reality you lack intelligence 

I think the gamma for the counselors should be like this, but Jason should be a little brighter.

12 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

You're one of those guys that thinks he's the smartest in the room but in reality you lack intelligence 

Only in 0.005 percent of all the rooms in America will I be the one lacking intelligence, according to the United States government at least.

Me and my cousin both set our Gamma to 2.4. We didn't even suggest it to each other, that just happened to be what we both tinkered with and decided looked best. It's still really nice and dark. You can see better than the default. The environments don't get washed out. I like it honestly. The lighting is better overall, it makes the lights in the cabins that much more important, makes Jason harder to see, and forces counselors to use their flashlights more. The only gripe I have with lighting on PS4 is that it has real odd pop in. Say you start at Higgins main cabin and start walking to the barn. The barn light won't look like it's on until you get close enough to it. A bit jarring. Hopefully it can be ironed out in a fix some time down the road.

The game doesn't seem much, if any darker, to me. Maybe only slightly. I'm playing on PC, maybe it's because I'm so close to the screen and monitors tend to have better blacks and whatnot. I have no complaints with the lighting and think the game looks better.

The lobby is also darker too. Actually... the entire game is made dark, I call this super-lazy-ass-work by the company. I can see their lazyness. Jason in this update is too brain-dead to play as now.

On 5/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, Anonymous said:

I don't like this at all, change it back please.

Poster is somewhat correct below. I was hoping when they announced the lowering lighting all maps would match so gamma could be set once just right. I have my TV settings perfect for everything so I'm not messing with them, however parts of pinehurst still appear much darker. My optimal choice would be to not need the flashlight in lit cabins or under outdoor lighting, but when the power is cut it would be necessary to use it. I think outdoors they did a good job darker in rain but nice moonlight when not raining

14 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Oh yeah i noticed things like that as well. Did anyone notice AJ's evil twin in challenge 7?

Yeah. LOL. Chad scores with twins! Dude!

On 5/26/2018 at 10:08 AM, F134Ever86 said:

On monitors the game looks okay. On my TV however, it can be dark to the point of unplayable. The game should be dark, but it simply isn’t done right. Many survival horror games do it right (even indie stuff like Slender) but this one does not. You need only look at how lighting is designed in other games of this type to see how poorly they have implemented it in F13.

A modern TV (or in-game gamma level) should not have to be adjusted to the point of looking like trash just to be able to see what you are doing. This is from Jason perspective not counselor perspective btw. You shouldn’t need to use Sense to actually have acceptable visuals, that is idiotic. Purpose of Sense is to find counselors, not to simply see what you are doing. It is actually laughable that people think Sense is an acceptable solution to a basic design problem. Sense visuals should be a benefit not a requirement.

The game does have more of a movie look now but unfortunately, it’s not a movie. It’s a game. People seem to forget that around here (and the devs have evidently forgotten as well). I would rather it be reverted than using custom settings for literally 1 game.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

On monitors the game looks okay. On my TV however, it can be dark to the point of unplayable. The game should be dark, but it simply isn’t done right. Many survival horror games do it right (even indie stuff like Slender) but this one does not. You need only look at how lighting is designed in other games of this type to see how poorly they have implemented it in F13.

A modern TV should not have to be adjusted to the point of looking like trash just to be able to see what you are doing. This is from Jason perspective not counselor perspective btw. You shouldn’t need to use Sense to actually have acceptable visuals, that is idiotic. Purpose of Sense is to find counselors, not to simply see what you are doing. It is actually laughable that people think Sense is an acceptable solution to a basic design problem.

The game does have more of a movie look now but unfortunately, it’s not a movie. It’s a game. People seem to forget that around here. 

I know Jason can barely see anything at 2.2 gamma. I increased mine to 2.75 and it has a better balance of darkness and light. They darken the colors too which i don't like. I know your a game mechanics expert so i wanna know what your opinion is when it comes to Jason's blocking, the grab and low swinging now?