I don't like this at all, change it back please, and also turning up the Gamma just makes the graphics looked washed out.

If the game is too dark for you, then turn on a flashlight. Problem solved.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

If the game is too dark for you, then turn on a flashlight. Problem solved.

Yeah can Jason turn on a flashlight too? You can barely see him and your surroundings especially if you knock out the power. Your basically forced to use the sense ability now way too much. I like to conserve the sense a little bit not use it everywhere i go. Also why should a counselor have to use a flashlight all the time giving Jason a chance to spot you? Anyway i increased the gamma to a 3 now. The darkness is manageable at that level.

47 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

What is gamma bill nye???

Go to Settings. Then go to Visuals. There my friend you will find the Gamma. It's a status bar that adjusts in game light. No science needed just good advice.

3 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Yeah can Jason turn on a flashlight too? You can barely see him and your surroundings especially if you knock out the power. Your basically forced to use the sense ability now way too much. I like to conserve the sense a little bit not use it everywhere i go. Also why should a counselor have to use a flashlight all the time giving Jason a chance to spot you? Anyway i increased the gamma to a 3 now. The darkness is manageable at that level.

Let me put it to you this way. First off, since the surroundings are so dark, counselors now have to use flashlights to see their way around a dark forest (like in real life). And since this is a horror survival game, that naturally fits well with the theme of not knowing your surroundings at all times. So Jason now uses Sense in order to find the counselors, it's still spammable, and he can track them down easier when they use a flashlight because otherwise they're running around blindly. This means he still has the tools to find them, and it thematically makes sense when you consider how armies in real life would track down potential enemyh scouts if they had a light source near them (e.g. bonfire).

Finally, you can also adjust the gamma too, so in either case it doesn't really matter. Just play around with the settings like you did before the update, and you'll eventually find what's comfortable for you. If anything, a compromise I can see here is making it so that Jason's natural view of his surroundings a bit brighter, but really that's all that would be needed if a change was going to be made.

• Like 1

If you scrubs can't see as Jason: TURN ON SENSE OR STALK! You get brighter visuals under either. I've totally Predator'd/Terminator'd people into quitting because I saw them with sense standing still in a house.

the gamma settings in the game fix it. I know it's a bootleg solution, but you can also turn up your TV's brightness lol. At one time I had mine jacked up so high I never even had to use a flashlight.

10 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gamma adjustment is needed that's all.

That's All I did, It was fine

This I agree with. When you jack up the gamma it just looks bleached over and steals from the "graphics" update. I feel they could fix this. With that being said I was actually jump scared on several occasions last night so maybe the darkness is by design. Remember this is friday the 13th and counselors arent really supposed to make it. One maybe 2 tops. That is if you watch the films. 

Seems to me more people need to use their flashlight.

I think some people forget that this is a horror game based on a franchise known for its dark low budget lighting. Overall I feel The lighting is better, but it could be way darker. Honestly the only light source should be the counsellors flashlight, and the ambient moon light needs to be near absolute black. The light sources in cabins could be brought down even more. 

Basically just use your flashlight people. Keeps your fear down too.

I actually feel Battlefront 2 ewok hunt mode captured the look of Friday the 13th better than this, and thats a starwars game!

I actually love the new level of darkness.  Much more realistic.  Finally, I feel like my counselors actually need to use their flashlights.  

The game being darker isn't the biggest problem, it's the flat washed out colors and the lack of distinct contrast, totally crushes the shadows making the game look like a bunch of black shapes. I play on an ASUS monitor (to combat input lag and other tv crap) so I can't adjust the brightness on a game by game basis. And adjusting the gamma isn't all that helpful either.

13 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

It's brightness Einstein...

The darkness doesn't bother me as a counselor. It enhances the gameplay. And overall I think it makes everything look more nice and rich.

But as Jason it can be a little too much. I need more detail in the blacks for Christ's sake! Turning up the gamma sucks and makes it look like a washed out mess. 

We need more highlight lighting (or whatever it's called). I don't wanna have to go into a friggin cave to play this game. The slightest ambient light and I can barely see anything on screen. 

13 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Gamma Bill Nye fought against Goku and Vegeta in the tournament for the universe. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gamma adjustment is needed that's all.

That just makes the game look like trash.

Just now, Anonymous said:

That just makes the game look like trash.

Maybe its time to upgrade your tv/monitor?