Sign in to follow this  
kohagan

Sp challenges - my new favourite mode

For me, this mode is what I always wanted with offline.

I think it's a seriously good addition to the game. The acting from the characters is fun and the stalking as jason is spot on so far. Only on the second challenge map but so far so good from me. 

One thing I would perhaps change, is being able to skip the intro when restarting it. 

What does everyone else think? 

Skipping intro cutscenes would be nice, especially when you're doing the same challenge again to get more objectives done. 

Also, it could use having the AI be a little smarter.  I've seen rocks smarter.  You can literally just walk right behind Jenny all the way to the barn from the house and she has no idea you're behind her.  You don't need to use stalk at all.  You don't need to morph.  You don't need to shift.  Just casually walk around and you're fine. 

SP Challenges were a good idea but they're executed rather lackluster. 

Meh, good for a night, maybe it will be better if they add more chapters in the future. As it is with only the ten, I see this going the route of the Virtual Cabin, people liked it at first, but then once you complete it there's not much to keep people coming back. It's not like they present much of a challenge, go here press x, go here press x, etc. Really glad you're loving it though! I've enjoyed some of the kills. 

Just now, UntilDawna said:

Meh, good for a night, maybe it will be better if they add more chapters in the future. As it is with only the ten, I see this going the route of the Virtual Cabin, people liked it at first, but then once you complete it there's not much to keep people coming back. It's not like they present much of a challenge, go here press x, go here press x, etc. Really glad you're loving it though! I've enjoyed some of the kills. 

i will say the kills are awesome.

I'm just disappointed I can't shoot someone with a harpoon gun in QP.  LOL 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

i will say the kills are awesome.

I'm just disappointed I can't shoot someone with a harpoon gun in QP.  LOL 

Now THAT would be fun! lmao.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Skipping intro cutscenes would be nice, especially when you're doing the same challenge again to get more objectives done. 

Also, it could use having the AI be a little smarter.  I've seen rocks smarter.  You can literally just walk right behind Jenny all the way to the barn from the house and she has no idea you're behind her.  You don't need to use stalk at all.  You don't need to morph.  You don't need to shift.  Just casually walk around and you're fine. 

SP Challenges were a good idea but they're executed rather lackluster. 

I'm having the opposite problem, it seems like bots can see you when your behind a wall in a building.  In this exact scenario I was waiting upstairs in the bedroom and Chad saw me before we walked into the house.

AJ saw me when I was behind the corner, I was gonna follow her to see what she did when she found mitch.

The challenges are very frustrating; and not for the right reason. I’m constantly being spotted behind walls by the AI. I killed Kenny and A.J inside the house in challenge four only to have Shelley scream  and start running away; breaking my stealth. Shelley was a hundred feet from the fucking house!

I can be standing around the corner of the cabin behind a wall when the AI steps outside and get spotted. This happens constantly and then I need to sit through the cutscene again and again. Really irritating.