[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 05.24.2018 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

Platform: PC/Steam

There's been an issue where people are made to play as characters that they didn't select (i.e. a person who chose Chad loading in as Tiffany). When this happens for Jason, the selected Jason's skin will be applied to the Jason being played, leading to some...abominations.

OPVD7IR.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ps4

I have noticed some lighting issues fire places that don’t give off light till you walk up to them also light bulbs above cabin exterior that are off until you get near it.....then flash on.

31 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Ps4

I have noticed some lighting issues fire places that don’t give off light till you walk up to them also light bulbs above cabin exterior that are off until you get near it.....then flash on.

I've seen this too, I thought someone had fixed a power box until I realised it was a campfire that just lit up.

At Jarvis House as Vanessa, get boat started in southeast corner, decided to go for the sweater at the north. Parked boat near the north dock, hopped out... and started land swimming across the map.

It had happened once or twice before, when I was about to lag out... but no, on the other players screen, I was tethered to the front of the boat, while i swam across the map unimpeded and stayed in the game, for about two minutes. I finally swung a weapon i had come on the boat with, and that untethered me on other screens too.

1 minute ago, SDA said:

At Jarvis House as Vanessa, get boat started in southeast corner, decided to go for the sweater at the north. Parked boat near the north dock, hopped out... and started land swimming across the map.

It had happened once or twice before, when I was about to lag out... but no, on the other players screen, I was tethered to the front of the boat, while i swam across the map unimpeded and stayed in the game, for about two minutes. I finally swung a weapon i had come on the boat with, and that untethered me on other screens too.

This happened to me earlier today before the update. It was almost like the rubber band glitch except with the boat.

8 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Let us know of any issues that you are experiencing for the latest patch (05.24.2018)

Any details that you can include are very helpful!
(Platform, map, current character, etc.)

When I play offline mode, almost EVERY councilor has a pocket knife at the start of the game!  6 out of 7 with knives?!?!  Defeats the purpose of removing them.

- Many of the sound effects aren't triggered. Pulling a knife from a wall as Jason, picking up weapons, opening drawers.
- Many animations are often played faster than they should. Swinging attacks, jumping through windows, opening drawers. It's very odd. Apparently this only happens to Victoria. Played as Tiffany and Deb, and the speed was normal. 
- After being grabbed and saved by another counselor, I was unable to interact with anything that required me to press E. That is, picking up weapons, interacting with doors and windows.
- Healing is inconsistent, sometimes you have to press the medspray slot 2 or 3 times before the heal actually applies.
- Sometimes counselors stuck by a window over and over again.
- The textures glitch.
- Sometimes you play a random counselor or a random Jason despite having a preference set.  
- Counselors continue to switch voices.
- Victoria's sweater animation triggers Vanessa's voice.  
- Victoria's patterns, what were you thinking.
- Everything is so dark it's hard to appreciate the graphics update. Feels like a waste. 

That's it for now, I'll update. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I believe Wes said this was intentional to save memory.

- 90% of game sounds (opening drawers, closing doors, climbing out of window etc) don't play.

- It is way too dark, the gamma doesn't really help either. 

- Rubber-banding still exists.

-Tiffany's swimsuit is still bugged, you can't interchange her suits.

- There is rainbow blood on Pinehurst.

- And I don't know if this is intentional, but during the cutscenes for Challenge 9 (JASON IS HERE), Deborah has Jenny's hair.

I'll update if I find anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

- And I don't know if this is intentional, but during the cutscenes for Challenge 9 (JASON IS HERE), Deborah has Jenny's hair.

LOL. I need to see that. 

3 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

LOL. I need to see that. 

Lol she looks so weird haha

Not sure if been posted yet, but using some healing sprays don’t actually heal you. You have to use it twice. The first time you use it, animation and sound go off, but healing doesn’t happen and the item remains in your inventory. Sucks when in a tight spot, and has happened a few times already.

7 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

No, I should have said I'm on PS4

Ah, well if anything that helps the cause being that its multi platform and not just one or the other.

- 90% of Sound effects don't play
- hm, med sprays don't work?
- too dark
- looks like it's much easier for people to fly out of the map, seen that happen twice

9 hours ago, Homerloco said:

PS: I don't know how to insert youtube videos properly xD pls someone help me

You literally just have to copy + paste the URL

• Like 1

Playing on ps4, as deb, sometimes I will loot a drawer and take the item, and the drawer will close. 

It is empty afterward though, but can be reopened.

Also....i don't know how. But my counselor was running beside the car and attached to it. I couldn' move beyond the radius of the car, and when it was stopped, I didn't have to get out but it freed me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Friendly hamburger said:

These screenshots aren't mine the person that took these screenshots told it to shiftysamurai on twitter but i still think it needs to be posted here as well

Dd_nPskVMAA10gY.jpg

Dd_nQpCVMAA7vmX.jpg

They need to put a raging hault to this shit. Lifetime ban. 

When using the new character Victoria, when I am grabbed by Jason and I escape via pocket knife, I am not able to interact with anything for a while. Doors, windows, weapons Etc. Also I feel like you guys should really shorten up the time it takes to come out of the using the sweater emote, there's been times where it's me and Tommy trying to kill Jason. But when I use the sweater ability, I am not able to stun him to make him fall to his knees and neither is Tommy Jarvis, I feel like you should really shorten the time of the email that way the person using the sweater can hit them and make Jason fall to his knees. Rubber banding of the car is still a problem as well

10 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

- Many of the sound effects aren't triggered. Pulling a knife from a wall as Jason, picking up weapons, opening drawers.
- Many animations are often played faster than they should. Swinging attacks, jumping through windows, opening drawers. It's very odd. 
- After being grabbed and saved by another counselor, I was unable to interact with anything that required me to press E. That is, picking up weapons, interacting with doors and windows.
- Healing is inconsistent, sometimes you have to press the medspray slot 2 or 3 times before the heal actually applies.
- Sometimes counselors stuck by a window over and over again.
- The textures glitch.
- Sometimes you play a random counselor or a random Jason despite having a preference set.  
- Victoria's sweater animation triggers Vanessa's voice.  
- Victoria's patterns, what were you thinking.
- Everything is so dark it's hard to appreciate the graphics update. Feels like a waste. 

That's it for now, I'll update. 

The interaction thing was big problem for me