[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 05.24.2018 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

I've been reliably informed by people who've done it themselves that whatever trick is being used to play as Uber Jason on Steam is also being used to unlock Savini Jason.

I think so many people have done it at this point that banning the players who've hacked the game in this way might not be feasible, since it would significantly cut down on the playerbase. I obviously won't explain the process here, but it's not a difficult hack, which seems like a lapse on the dev side of things.

Modding single player games is one thing, but hackers gaining access to backer-only rewards or unimplemented features in a multiplayer game like this is pretty discouraging to other players.

Just bought the game yesterday through steam for p.c thinking all bugs had been fixed due to the new engine and the time people have had to wait . I didnt buy the previous version due to all the rumours about errors ! Well this game is no better ! 

Errors -

1.game lags frequently and fps drops .

2.Music is distorted when mother is talking and also at other points in the game.

3. no sound effects at times when opening and closing doors drawers etc.

4.able to run up rock walls and also able to stand on the flag outside the pacanak house and other glitchs.

5.Victoria character looks cheap poor clothing .

The list goes on i feel as though i have thrown £40 down the damn toilet. I will give it a week hoping that it will be rectified and if not i will put in for a refund and advise others to stay away from the game. I myself could have done a better job with the game dynamics. Feels as though you lead everyone on with fake promises ! just like one of the many game developers who f the people when there filling there pockets with peoples cash . And they have the audacity to charge for dlcs also what a joke ... 

With weapon swapping, Jason's combat stance is tied to the Jason and not the weapon, so when Part 6 has a machete and goes into combat stance he grabs the blade, which kinda looks badass but mostly silly

Still finding issues on Xbox One

• Some counselors necks appear as a brighter color than their face.
  • Counselors can still get stuck inside of Jason when being pulled from the car and rescued.
  • Audio is "popping" occasionally - I've heard this on both my headset and through my television. I think it's associated with the rain, but I may be wrong, but the sound is a very distinct hiccup in the audio.
  • Occasionally I will be unable to hear others in the lobby - this is remedied by leaving and coming back, sometimes?
  • Some open windows are occasionally unable to be interacted with - despite nothing blocking it and them being open, they can not be climbed through.
  • Intro textures make Chad look like he has black hair and no eyebrows/lips when it is raining. This is very clear on Packanack map intros.
  • Roy is looking very orange.
  • Texture issues with fire - sometimes they appear as bright orange squares.

What I've seen on streams:

• Jason selection is bugged on PC where you'll get a different Jason. One streamer had Part III Retro Jason selected, and she got Part VII with the colors of Retro. It was pretty hideous.
  • Jason can get stuck in T-pose and skate around on PS4.
  • Weapon swapping using some weapons can sometimes cause the counselors to shake violently when in kill animation (saw this specifically with a Part VII using Spear on PC)

Discovered a new one tonight.  I was killed by Jason and then the camera went into first person perspective and I was still alive yet couldn't interact with anything.  Jason and the other counselors didn't seem able to see me.  I finally "died" by walking into a trap.  So I died twice in a match. 

I was actually able to capture video of it on the Xbox but I have no idea how to upload it to here.

There is a really bad bug that involves getting out of the car on xbox one. Jason just stopped my car and when i got out i started running away and i got into a house but on everyone else screen i was just standing there next to the driver side door of the car and jason grabbed me and killed me.

• Offline Bots Counselors jump into windows, then back outside in a loop
  • Like 1

I have a fun one:

Was grabbed  out of car by Jason. Walked over to the front, but he lost grib right when he got there. The car was also started at the same time and Jason stunned by a counselor. The car started driving and I some how was linked to the car. I was gliding(not running as my feet were not moving) around at about 20mph. I could move in any which direction I wanted, but could not exit the glide with any actions. Finally the car crashed and the glide stopped and I was able to move as normal again...

• Confused 1

Game´s crash so much now -.-

On 5/26/2018 at 8:26 AM, Truth said:

When selecting kills for Jason, they seem to reset once you leave the customization screen. I found that if you set ONE Jason at a time (press "b" when you're done) it saves correctly.

Bloody skins still don't show when Jason is set to random

Emotes don't seem to save on the newer counselors (Mitch, Fox, Shelly, Victoria) when you reboot the game. I'll check it again later to be sure.

Edit: emotes aren't saving on several counselors. It's not just the new ones like I previously thought. Might have to do what I did with the kills.

Edit: the emote issue might have been my own stupidity...

Challenge 4 seems to have problems if you do the kills out of order. Someone said the harpoon gun didn't work. I found that after killing Shelly in the barn, you can no longer start the wood chipper.

Edit: Harpoon gun doesn't work after using the wood chipper.

Sparkly blood on Pinehurst. Doesn't seem to be every time, but it may be related to the main house (the videos I've seen were all near it).

Edit: I've only encountered the sparkly blood with bots.

Multiplayer seemed fine in the few matches I played. Didn't encounter any bugs (other than random Jason bloody skins).

Edit: Definitely spoke too soon there. Problems with items clipping into the ground have returned. Med sprays sometimes need to be used twice to actually heal.

Placing traps has changed and you now set it way too close to your feet. I can definitely see that being abused by trolls. One little nudge after you set it would put you right into the trap. Be careful with other people in the room!!!

I'll be playing more today, so I'm sure I'll have more to add later.

Edit: just crashed the car like 5 times... More than likely lag though.

Edit: my bat just clipped into the ground when I swapped it for a trap... And of course decided to make this edit while still playing... Jason got an easy kill there...

Edit: came back as Tommy from that. Got fucked by the car rubber band issue...

Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. I'll look through my clips later to add the rest of what I've found.

On the bright side, I only crashed once! @Kodiak I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to play (what better way to fall back asleep?). OF COURSE it finally crashed for me after I told you it hasn't happened yet...

Edit: Sometimes the camera stays focused on a counselors face and you can't rotate it. Not sure what was causing it, but this happened to me a few times.

Edit: this one was interesting. Took a trap and healed. The prompt for the fuse box disappeared. Then I took the second trap, figured the third was too far so I tried to make the repair. Got caught in the third and died... I was still repairing it when spectating though...

https://gameclipscontent-d3019.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274969841815-private/962bd132-4094-4fc1-85cb-13832990ed63.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=2rgQO9MSgLsMUKH2k%2BhwuAILGBqX15N9kFmJOdPzA3A%3D&__gda__=1527616285_de75f4d05bba858b6a143d1c6aa87202

Higgins haven small map on PS4 has a bridge over the water near Higgins and counselors are immune from Jason if they just swim stationary under the bridge..

On 5/28/2018 at 9:38 PM, zmccain said:

Giant clown-sized weapons?  Ok, now this is getting downright embarrassing.?

Like legit I went into the shack to pick up the axe while Jason was chasing me. When he saw the axe, you could hear him snickering from his mic. I as well was also doing the same thing as him. It was very surprising and strange to see this giant ass axe appear on the screen. Even when I dropped the axe, it remained giant lmao. 

No, I'm not talking about balancing, I'm talking about basic functions.

In lobbies, it's common for my selected jason/counselor to de-select and go onto random. Even if I go back to my icons and forcibly switch who I'm playing as, I'll likely just randomly pop up as someone completely different.

IE: I pick Shelly, I spawned as Tiffany in the next match. I picked Shelly, I spawned as Chad. I picked Shelly, I get Deborah

This happens with Jason as well, but it's far worse. A player with Savini was selected and he spawned in with the machete, but during gameplay, it became Uber Jason's Future blade (NOT his doing).

Last thing I want to do is try to play as Part 7 with the wood cutter axe, spawn as Uber for no reason, and then get permabanned for "hacking" when the game is rather BROKEN.

Next: the game is unstable. Twice I've had a full PC lockup when the game does the Static to showcase Jason is either shifting or morphing. I can't even open the task manager to make the game close and have to force a PC reboot. This isn't due to my rig, either as it's fairly beefy and would usually run the game at 60fps before this last update. 

I've not had these issues on my PS4 version, but I don't pay for PS+, so I can't judge the multiplayer there.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:15 AM, zmccain said:

Discovered a new one tonight.  I was killed by Jason and then the camera went into first person perspective and I was still alive yet couldn't interact with anything.  Jason and the other counselors didn't seem able to see me.  I finally "died" by walking into a trap.  So I died twice in a match. 

I was actually able to capture video of it on the Xbox but I have no idea how to upload it to here.

This one actually isn't new, it happened to me back in launch week.

@Daneasaur as your post was a glitch report on the latest update, I moved it here where it can do the most good, rather than as a standalone conversation. 

A growing collection of individual topics around each member's experience with a specific set of glitches will become impossible for developers to track.

My buddy is trying to use game chat and only me and our other friend can hear him, nobody else can besides us. Every other game works, he's friend resetting game/Xbox, uninstalling account/Game, reset mac, leave and join party, nothing is working and I don't want to have wasted money gifting him a game and him not be able to talk. He's about fed up and is ready to quit even though he is having some fun.

Game chat bug. I can hear my friend in game chat but nobody else can, he's tried uninstalling account/game, resetting game/xbox, using different accounts, reset mac. Nothing is working. Please fix ASAP

Game chat bug. I can hear my friend in game chat but nobody else can, he's tried uninstalling account/game, resetting game/xbox, using different accounts, reset mac. Nothing is working. Please fix ASAP

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I merged it in.

With 3 "official" threads going around regarding bugs from this update, I'm not even sure which one to post them in... I just made the assumption, but it looks like the other 2 threads are getting more attention from Shifty and Wes.

Is this the right place? Or should we be posting in those? It's great that they made these threads, but it also kind of made a mess of the information. They should probably just lock the list of known issues and have us continue posting new ones here.

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

With 3 "official" threads going around regarding bugs from this update, I'm not even sure which one to post them in... I just made the assumption, but it looks like the other 2 threads are getting more attention from Shifty and Wes.

Is this the right place? Or should we be posting in those? It's great that they made these threads, but it also kind of made a mess of the information. They should probably just lock the list of known issues and have us continue posting new ones here.

From my understanding. You have a general discussion around the patch, a topic acknowledging known bugs, and this thread designed for reporting bugs. If you think you're experiencing something new, this is the thread.