34 minutes ago, Gummi said:

Until Jasons get used to the new grab, yes.

...The more players get used to the new grab.. The easier time they will have avoiding it.  

The animation looks better but don’t like the mechanics of the new grab. I was able to play two complete matches over the weekend. One as a counselor in which I escaped by boat, thanks to terrible draw distance I crashed into magically appearing rocks many times, and the other I was Jason. To summarize my experience as Jason, I wiffed more times than the dead last team in the special olympics softball tournament when trying to grab people. 4/8 was my end result of that match. To be  honest I realized I’ve spent enough time learning how to play as Jason in the past that I have no interest in learning how to play again. What’s the point in learning how to play againas Jason when it’s rare to play as him to start with? On to another game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wes said:

Gun + ILL have a meeting today to discuss several items relevant to the recent update. There are some bigger issues that will take priority, but the new grab is on the docket for discussion. Personally, I think the grab animation needs to be slightly faster. Meaning we speed the frames up slightly. Not drastic, just a very subtle increase. As for increasing the cone/radius of the grab. The more we adjust this, the more you start seeing "force grab". Where counselors either snap to the grab, or Jason has odd twitchy movements within the anim capsule. Neither are ideal. But I read over every comment in this thread, and will discuss with the entire team today. Thanks, everyone for your thoughts and ideas. 

-W 

The forum needs more of this kind of interaction from the team. THANK YOU, @wes

I've actually had a lot of success with the new grab. The included forward "lunge" that comes with the animation has made it a lot easier (to me) to grab counselors during a chase, shift-grab or otherwise. The only thing I'd have a complaint on in regards to the Grab animation is that it's a bit narrow in terms of width, but even then I've wiped the slate on my last three or so Jason games since the update. 

• Like 1

General observation regarding no specific individual:

"Fuck these devs!"

"These devs suck!"

"Fix your fucking game!!"

*Devs respond*

"Thanks devs, you're doing awesome!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

"Fuck these devs!"

"These devs suck!"

"Fix your fucking game!!"

*Devs respond*

"Thanks devs, you're doing awesome!"

I thanked him for actually being a part of the fucking conversation. Didn't mean I don't think the way they've handled things prior sucks. 

Here.....

You still need to fix the fucking game!!

If you don't fix stuff after a year, you deserve for people to say you suck!!

But thank you for finally being a part of the conversation.

That better, @Truth??

And I NEVER fucking said they "were doing awesome". Get your shit right.

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I thanked him for actually being a part of the fucking conversation. Didn't mean I don't think the way they've handled things prior sucks. 

Every time one of them (other than Shifty) pops in (and actually responds), I feel like they're finally getting their shit together. We'll see if this lasts. They usually only have a presence here soon after an update, then they disappear again.

(and actually, that was better lol)

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

Every time one of them (other than Shifty) pops in (and actually responds), I feel like they're finally getting their shit together. We'll see if this lasts. They usually only have a presence here soon after an update, then they disappear again.

(and actually, that was better lol)

???

3 hours ago, Suffy said:

I make a whole explanation with examples and you are still not sure. Okay

You sound like the guy who told me that people who solely try to kill Jason won't all be darting straight to the shack after demask.

Are you responding to the correct person here? Lol 

and I don’t never wait till the mask comes off I just go there with Tommy and execute! Anyways yeah the grab is really good now I love the feel of it the sound fx and the power behind it! Is it slightly harder than previous? Maybe but don’t have any issues! 

1 hour ago, Gummi said:

If I'm working together woth more than my bullying specialized buddy, we're definitely going for a kill, as killing Jason will never ever get old :^)

I meant , if they push objectives and even Control Jason as soon as he Morphs , which is the most extreme example (it still can happen fairly often though) but there are so many other ways to get objectives. Just as an example , if I get in Tryhard mode to get some XP , I use Vanessa and can repair Objectives silently except for the last skill check (if I am lucky or get into Ultra Tryhard mode even None)...as Vanessa , it just takes a bit longer and I can´t do it while Jason is near. I Play this just really casual , to have a good time , so I never do that otherwise. And I am almost always the last survivor , so I just go to a Point , so that Jason gets an easy environmental. I don´t want to piss on Jasons and ruin their lucky match and also the Players who wait will also be thankful as I found out. Don´t get me wrong , I could easily survive but I know there are kinda many Jasons who get upset and some who can get sometimes really angry (without insulting [cough cough me cough]) and making someone angry when someone wants to have fun is not my Thing. But don´t confuse this with trolling now.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I meant , if they push objectives and even Control Jason as soon as he Morphs , which is the most extreme example (it still can happen fairly often though) but there are so many other ways to get objectives. Just as an example , if I get in Tryhard mode to get some XP , I use Vanessa and can repair Objectives silently except for the last skill check (if I am lucky or get into Ultra Tryhard mode even None)...as Vanessa , it just takes a bit longer and I can´t do it while Jason is near. I Play this just really casual , to have a good time , so I never do that otherwise. And I am almost always the last survivor , so I just go to a Point , so that Jason gets an easy environmental. I don´t want to piss on Jasons and ruin their lucky match and also the Players who wait will also be thankful as I found out. Don´t get me wrong , I could easily survive but I know there are kinda many Jasons who get upset and some who can get sometimes really angry (without insulting [cough cough me cough]) and making someone angry when someone wants to have fun is not my Thing. But don´t confuse this with trolling now.

Nah. If I'm the last one, I'll do my best to survive the 20 minutes. If Jason is competent, he will kill me on a 1v1 easily.

7 hours ago, wes said:

Gun + ILL have a meeting today to discuss several items relevant to the recent update. There are some bigger issues that will take priority, but the new grab is on the docket for discussion. Personally, I think the grab animation needs to be slightly faster. Meaning we speed the frames up slightly. Not drastic, just a very subtle increase. As for increasing the cone/radius of the grab. The more we adjust this, the more you start seeing "force grab". Where counselors either snap to the grab, or Jason has odd twitchy movements within the anim capsule. Neither are ideal. But I read over every comment in this thread, and will discuss with the entire team today. Thanks, everyone for your thoughts and ideas. 

-W 

The problem with the new grab is yeah it's too slow and it leaves you open and if you miss they just exploit that and beat the shit out of you, make it to where we can twirl again please.

The updated grab makes it so that you can't spam grab as much and hope to catch someone. Your grabbing has to be more accurate. But I do think Wes was on the right track with speeding it up slightly. It would be a good start to improving the grab slightly. 

No more force shit. This isn't Star Wars. 

On 5/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Hancove said:

What a joke... 

I don't know what was wrong with last grab... Old important issues are still there plus some more added to solve irrelevant problems... 

I’ve been confused with these updates since the first one. They keep changing shit that we didn’t ask for, but leave ALL the problems that NEED to be fixed alone. What the fuck were they thinking? I straight out refuse to bother with the new grab animation now. I’ll swing my weapon at everyone till they die. I could care less if it pisses everyone off...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I’ve been confused with these updates since the first one. They keep changing shit that we didn’t ask for, but leave ALL the problems that NEED to be fixed alone. What the fuck were they thinking? I straight out refuse to bother with the new grab animation now. I’ll swing my weapon at everyone till they die. I could care less if it pisses everyone off...

What's funny is that what we asked required much less work and time and resources from their side. Just some bug fix (rubber banding which is still there for example) and an improvement of combat stance fight, especially from Jason's side. And of course dedicated servers but they're becoming a joke at this point. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Max Walker said:

what's a new patch without a jason nerf? ?

Lol exactly. Hate the new grab.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:42 AM, Ste_Wolf said:

Lol exactly. Hate the new grab.

Developers are great at fixing stuff nobody asked to be fixed. Yet we still have basic problems since the release of the game....come on guys, get it together!!

• Like 1

I like the new grab (I'm on no preference for spawns). It takes some adjusting, but by increasing the length of the grab and reducing the width, I think it works better for both Jason and counselor. You no longer get those quick pivot stuns, counselors need about 5-7 step lead instead of 3-5, and a slight angle to land a good stun.

Sadly, I have to adjust my favorite door stuns:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thatguyinktown/video/52395282

I'm not saying it should be a Jedi force grab, but missing grabs right next to them is ridiculously annoying.  I think the radius was just find before the update.  Love the look and sound of it, but it's just too weak now imo.

• Like 1