I posted the same basically on Reddit *but we all know how that goes* The locked animation is a big problem in itself as it will just cause just to be hit every time. Common example: Every time a player is jogging in front of you 'kiting' you and ready to turn and swing, with the now smaller arc of the grab too...you're going to be hit damn near every time unless you PERFECTLY nail it and not just get in the grab near them before they swing. Also, 'spamming your grab' was a way to get people to swing at you to trick them almost, but that can't happen now. It seems now you have to be straight on and actually hit them, because if you don't they'll hit you being that you're in another locked animation. When it does happen it looks amazing and I love the quick musical key *maybe more of those in the future because hearing that already a few dozen times...* What do ya guys think?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

What a joke... 

I don't know what was wrong with last grab... Old important issues are still there plus some more added to solve irrelevant problems... 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vassago said:

You're suggesting his new grab will end up nerfing him? That was my first thought.

I wouldn't say nerf but it locks him in animation which means he'll be hit every time by every half decent player delaying the game and having things get done/start up in the process as every second counts in this game. And the arc/connection of it seems not an arc at all. Shift grabbing is...not happening now.

I like It, it seemed stupid that Jason could just spam his grab before and end up catching someone eventually. Now you have to be smart about it, it takes skill. Before, only counselors would take skill since you actually had to time their attacks. All Jason had to do was turn away then grab; easy. Now you have to time the grab as well. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

I like It, it seemed stupid that Jason could just spam his grab before and end up catching someone eventually. Now you have to be smart about it, it takes skill. Before, only counselors would take skill since you actually had to time their attacks. All Jason had to do was turn away then grab; easy. Now you have to time the grab as well. 

Yes, but its still easy to hit jason as when he grabs and spins you take an extra two steps forward and attack and you'll hit him or when he slashes which then and now lock him in place. The grab now just 100% gives players a chance to hit jason, aside from the arc/grab detection is not great.

From the matches I've played in QP, it looks like a lot of Jason's are gonna go back to slashing, I haven't played as Jason in QP yet but if the bots are any indication I'll probably slashing a lot also.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

From the matches I've played in QP, it looks like a lot of Jason's are gonna go back to slashing, I haven't played as Jason in QP yet but if the bots are any indication I'll probably slashing a lot also.

Yep and thats going to be a problem, those who aren't jason will complain everywhere and me someone who LOVES being Jason is also complaining because the grab...in a nutshell needs to be re worked. Not the visual, not the effect, not the added music all of that is amazing, but the locked animation at least has got to go.

As it is now if they aren't right in front of Jason he can't grab them, if they are outside his shoulders even slightly they getaway. The slow ass recoil time is a major problem. And it looks like the delay after you drop the knife to when you can move has been increased by a little bit leaving a bigger window to get stunned.

I'm beginning to think the Devs want people slashing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

As it is now if they aren't right in front of Jason he can't grab them, if they are outside his shoulders even slightly they getaway. The slow ass recoil time is a major problem. And it looks like the delay after you drop the knife to when you can move has been increased by a little bit leaving a bigger window to get stunned.

Yes yes and yes. Thankfully this isn'y the only discussion on it as I really hope its looked at.

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It takes some getting used to, but I think it will be fine. 

I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1

I think the animation grab is way too long. I just played with bots and it remind me October's patch for the accuracy. But I don't want to blame the game, maybe I just need some practice again even if I start play this game one year ago. It's a little bit annoying but after some games, it will be fine I hope.

Also, in my game with bot, counselors use 5 pockets knifes without Jarvis.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

Yes, but its still easy to hit jason as when he grabs and spins you take an extra two steps forward and attack and you'll hit him or when he slashes which then and now lock him in place. The grab now just 100% gives players a chance to hit jason, aside from the arc/grab detection is not great.

Uh, you merely reiterated Imayslaylizdaw's point. Jason used to be able to grab any counselor whenever he wanted by spamming grab when they attacked and now Jason will be stunned if he doesn't use the grab wisely. Seems fair to me, I mean, the wrench and pretty much every weapon got nerfed to shit so...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

I think the animation grab is way too long. I just played with bots and it remind me October's patch for the accuracy. But I don't want to blame the game, maybe I just need some practice again even if I start play this game one year ago. It's a little bit annoying but after some games, it will be fine I hope.

Also, in my game with bot, counselors use 5 pockets knifes without Jarvis.

From my understanding, almost every bot spawns with a pocket knife.

It needs a better grab radius to match the grab range/animation.

The grab radius should be from his left shoulder to his right shoulder.  Currently its feels like a triangle tip on his hand (Thats too tiny)   Should be a flat rectangle from both shoulders extended to his new current grab range.

That to me is the only thing wrong with it.  Because the new grab does look and feel great.

Also they could shave off few frames from his recovery animation

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

^....  Thought i was losing my mind..lol

Because it felt like i was getting stabbed with pocket knives every damn time i grabbed em.. And they always had fire crackers too.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

That's what I thought too, in hard mode, but not every of them had a pocket knife. 

EDIT : I've played in normal mode, so that's why. Thanks for the info about pocket knife ! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Uh, you merely reiterated Imayslaylizdaw's point. Jason used to be able to grab any counselor whenever he wanted by spamming grab when they attacked and now Jason will be stunned if he doesn't use the grab wisely. Seems fair to me, I mean, the wrench and pretty much every weapon got nerfed to shit so...

Ya, it got 1 bar reduced for durability I believe when the frying pan now has 4/4 stun and those are very common. Ya...nerf indeed -_- also, any decent player will have the proper perks for fighting, and know where to find weapons as usual on top of Jason now if he grabs is locked in place for 2 solid seconds? Give me a break..

I like the new grab after the patch.

Before the patch I was AJ Mason running for a police exit.

Roy lunges and clearly misses me on screen.

Force grab sucks me over into his grip and it was some cheap ass shit.

We both laughed about it after I messaged him the clip.

Showed @AldermachXI, @Thatguyinktown the broken grab clip too.

tumblr_mg1bcqOWQB1qi06alo1_500.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Force grab sucks me over into his grip and it was some cheap ass shit.

That's a lag issue to where Jason grabs and you seem far away but it grabs you, you're actually closer to him than you see or he's closer to you than you see. Thats old news too by the way.

The new grab need some practice, that's cool, but I'm worried about low level. I'm pretty sure we are going to attend at Jason's gangbangs again these days.

I already saw a Jarvis turning around Jason, avoid his grabs and stun him with fire stick and axe for 5 or 6  times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

I certainly have. Grabbing is too dis-incentivized. There are far too many ways to counter. And very little to counter slash spamming.