36 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Why has no one mentioned this yet? That kind of changes everything. Is it doubled for the double XP event?

Because you only get it once.

Haven't done bots yet but so far Im loving the update. Single player challenges is fun and actually challenging at points (ive been stuck on 6 for like 20 minutes). Also love the cinematics and kills. They perfectly capture the campy vibes of the films and make me feel and warm and fuzzy inside.

Weapon swap and pt7 buff great of course. The new grab is gonna take a little getting used but so far I really like it. Although I have come across a few bugs that others have reported, really hope they get hot fixed quickly.

• Like 2

This game is not enjoyable any longer with the new update. It is full of bugs. Its too dark and you cant see anything anymore. I was playing the game all this morning before the update and now I don't enjoy the game.

Update: I just found out how to fix the game lighting. Just go to settings in the game and select video and raise your gamma to make it brighter.

What happened to the single challenge bots being alarmed by hearing a noise, possibly going to investigate etc that Wes talked about?

From what I've played so far it just seems to be a predictable AI pathway of "run to the camp exit" as soon as there is any kind of detection? 

It then becomes a predictable game of "shift as fast as you can". 

It's ok. At the moment I'm just wishing the AI was more unpredictable. 

58 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Incompetence

Wow, that's really bad.... I only got to play the one game online and it looked great, but it was really screwy and did very strange things. You morphed to the exit as we went right by, I thought we were dead. Should have been, but somehow went right by. Then spectating you, watched at LEAST 3 shift grabs that were dead on miss because of a fraction of a second Roy did nothing between ending the shift and initiating the grab. The online game is really goofy now, single player doesn't seem to do it so hopefully it's something that will get better. This is VERY wishful thinking of course. I wonder how often the testers play online? You would think it wouldn't be an issue if they ran a lobby online to check it out.

the part about these single "play however you want" challenges is that you HAVE to be stealthy of someone will escape. and counselors see you through doors and walls

23 minutes ago, TheDominator24-7 said:

This game is not enjoyable any longer with the new update. It is full of bugs. Its too dark and you cant see anything anymore. I was playing the game all this morning before the update and now I don't enjoy the game.

For Christ's sakes, there's a gamma setting people. Use it.

Just now, TheDominator24-7 said:

For Christ' sakes, there was an update on my post before you replied. Read it.

Well do you see the update in my quote? No? Then it wasn't there before I replied.

• Like 1

Looking behind you as a counselor sucks now. Driving backwards sucks too. Did they invert the x-axis?

And now the car is slow on PC

And the camera movement is all rubbery.

Played my first QP round after the update and was lucky enough to be Jason in my first match. AWESOME, I thought!

Then the excitement died when in one single brief match i experienced and witnessed more bugs and glitches than I'd seen in the last month.. 

Then I randomly lost connection after 5 minutes for whatever reason the game decided, which no doubt gave me salt for the mines.

Great stuff.

Single player challenges are awesome fun tho, so thats a positive!

Initial thoughts:

1. Single Player Challenges - I really enjoy these and they did a great job recreating the eye-roll inducing cheese of the films. The challenges are in fact challenging. The two problems are the intros, only that you can't skip them, and you'll be detected at times you probably shouldn't be - not only through things but you'll see that you've been detected with not a soul around. Needs some tweaking but this is great.

2. Offline Bots - these little buggers have improved drastically. The game pace has really picked up, they're more aggressive, accurate, and objective focused. It's much closer to playing against a lobby of decent players than you'll find in QP at times. But the pocket knives! What in the holy hell is going on with the pocket knives? I had one game where not only did every single counselor have a pocket knife, but three of them had 2! That's 10 pocket knives! What the hell!?

3. Jason's Grab - I'm gonna just go ahead and say that his new grab requires some precision and personally it makes me realize that as it was it allowed for some sloppy play. But the animation, that lunge, the music, it's really cool and feels really aggressive. I'm completely happy with it even though it does require more precision. People threw fits over pocket knives being reduced way back when, I said adapt. I prefer using Jason, his grab has changed, I'm saying to myself and anyone else - adapt. 

4. Graphic Improvements - I was already running this on Epic without any issues so for me It's not too noticeable. Better, just nothing drastic. 

5. Weapon Swapping - Part 6 Jason with a machete. That's about all I need to say on that.

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised with the update. I actually think they did a pretty good job. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

My cursor when trying to morph isn’t there so I have no way of knowing where I’m going! Anyone else?

Had that before. Uninstall and reinstalling the game usually works.

5 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Initial thoughts:

I still haven't tried SP Challenges. I'm getting too much out of multiplayer and bots right now. There's too much to test/feel out. 

The bots are great. I wouldn't say they're comparable to decent players, but they're now consistently better than higher level newer players.
They still get snagged on too many things and don't make the best decisions. They seem to like to swarm the objectives, so when the phone and the car are close it can be too easy. But they are greatly improved. They don't hide much at all so far either. 

The new grab can be trouble but I like it. I love the sting. Shift grabbing is still ok. The interaction with counselors when Jason's holding them looks bad. They slide around in his grip. Pocket knife break out animation is broken again. 

I have a feeling that all the motion capture swing animations for Jason have been either augmented or replaced with programmed ones. They look real cheap now, DBD style. 

The spear has a new augmented weak swing in CS. It's more of a sideways swing now. Also the spear has the best chance of CSing doors with the strong swing. I'm seeing that the weak swing on doors, with other Jason's, isn't as much of a guarantee as I thought. 

33 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I prefer using Jason, his grab has changed, I'm saying to myself and anyone else - adapt. 

And how do you suggest people do that? We can't grab unless we're right on top of people now, and if we get that close they just swift attacker us into oblivion. We can try to block that on reflex, but I tried that in my match as Jason and found that half the time Jason would enter combat stance but not block, so even that's not reliable now.

41 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

4. Graphic Improvements - I was already running this on Epic without any issues so for me It's not too noticeable. Better, just nothing drastic.

I'm running a GTX 1080 in 1440p and the performance is a little worse. I had to bump a bunch of settings that I used to have on Epic down to High. I'm having a hard time seeing much of a difference, though, with the way the new graphics look. There's noticeably more detail in the textures now. The lighting is very solid.

14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

And how do you suggest people do that? We can't grab unless we're right on top of people now, and if we get that close they just swift attacker us into oblivion. We can try to block that on reflex, but I tried that in my match as Jason and found that half the time Jason would enter combat stance but not block, so even that's not reliable now.

With the exception of lag issues I haven't noticed too much of a difference in the grab, in terms of landing them at least. A couple times it seemed like the new animation worked in my favor. I went for a couple of grabs I wasn't expecting to make and he lunged perfectly into range. Could've been lag though.

All it takes is a couple of rounds of bots to get a feel for the timing. As a world champion shift-grabber, I feel like I own the shift grab. It's MY thing! So when they augment it I approach it with the mindset of seeing how I can use these new changes to my advantage and quickly overcome anything that's made it more difficult. Unless they completely break it (like the camera for looking behind and driving backwards), all it takes is a little adjusting to. This is not broken. Believe me I would be whining like a bitch if it was.

All the missed grabs I've had were clearly me making a mistake. I knew as I was pulling the gram trigger that it was wrong. 

I see potential in the step forward animation. I'll need more time with it though. 

It's not about landing the grab. It's about the fact that every miss leaves you vulnerable to a hit. And it's very easy to bait a missed grab. You can choose not to take that bait and be up their ass when you do the grab but that's inviting them to enter combat stance and hit you nearly instantly with swift attacker. This is how any half-decent counselor plays the game.

Wondered if the game was still a total mess. Having now played the game with the new patch  I can officially confirm: It’s still a total mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FridayFan13 said:

Wondered if the game was still a total mess. Having now played the game with the new patch  I can officially confirm: It’s still a total mess.

Agreed. Still fun in small doses

2 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Multiplayer is honestly worse now than before. 

20 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's not about landing the grab. It's about the fact that every miss leaves you vulnerable to a hit. And it's very easy to bait a missed grab. You can choose not to take that bait and be up their ass when you do the grab but that's inviting them to enter combat stance and hit you nearly instantly with swift attacker. This is how any half-decent counselor plays the game.

Find a new meta strat against high level players like that.

Personally I get crafty with stalk to punk people who like to juke like that. Hasn't failed me yet. Better than playing footsies all day.

4 minutes ago, Maggot Head said:

Find a new meta strat against high level players like that.

Personally I get crafty with stalk to punk people who like to juke like that. Hasn't failed me yet. Better than playing footsies all day.

Honestly what's gonna happen is the return of slasher Jason.

People will complain on their mics about a player being a noob or cheap....and then the forums will be full of slasher Jason complaints.