I would just like to show my appreciation to illfonic/Gun for getting the single player challenges right. Having a blast so far and I think this is the best update we've gotten. Looking forward I see a lot of potential, keep up the good work.

Guess all the people bitching about the emotes for a reward never thought to, I dunno just play the fucking challenges for the enjoyment of it. Not everything needs a special reward. They weren't obligated to give us a new game mode at all but they did. If the rewards don't meet your oh so important standards, then uninstall. Your beating of this dead horse won't be missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

More glitchy than before.

Too dark.

A complete let down and my expectations weren't high to begin with.

This. Random instances of prompts just not working unless I spammed X, weapons refusing to swing, Jason not getting stunned despite my counselor sshouting a stun quote. It's a lot worse than before, which seems to be a trend with patches in this game. 

I am going to clear the single player challenges and then uninstall. To think this filth is what we were waiting for.

Weren't the devs supposed to make sure it was polished before releasing it? Wasn't that what the long wait was for?

• Like 2

Playing Jason or a counselor in online mode the controls feel sluggish. 

Sound cues are all kinds of messed up. Can't hear doors being opened or closed, there's no sound when you retrieve a throwing knife.

Part 3 is using the combat stance for the spear when you have the machete equipped.

There is some kind of weird jitter with the counselor when I do a grab kill on one of them.

I got stuck in place in the water after I flipped the boat, I had to morph to land to be able to move again.

I can't enter combat stance once Infront of a locked door, I had to move away to enter combat stance.

9 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Guess all the people bitching about the emotes for a reward never thought to, I dunno just play the fucking challenges for the enjoyment of it. Not everything needs a special reward. They weren't obligated to give us a new game mode at all but they did. If the rewards don't meet your oh so important standards, then uninstall. Your beating of this dead horse won't be missed.

Agreed, I haven't even thought about the emote rewards. I'm just interested in trying to complete the objectives (And figuring out the hidden objective) without going to YouTube. (No doubt someone has already completed all challenges and uploaded it.) 

15 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

it would be cool if counselors couldn't detect me through fucking doors and walls

7 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Weren't the devs supposed to make sure it was polished before releasing it? Wasn't that what the long wait was for?

My guess is that almost all the dev time and quality control went into the singleplayer and they neglected multiplayer.

• Like 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

My guess is that almost all the dev time and quality control went into the singleplayer and they neglected multiplayer.

It certainly looks that way, I've never seen this many bugs after a patch from any game I've played.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

And what should they have controlled there? The bots still try to hide when you can see them. Most kills in singleplayer are still seek and destroy. All they did was giving them tons of items from the start, including countless pocketknifes..

Ok maybe they put al the effort in the singleplayer challenges.

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'd bet my last dollarin that. I 100% agree. I don't like to shit on the devs like this, but this is such a huge letdown.

22 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Stating before launch that this mode would be available in the summer of 2017 actually does make them obligated to live up to it, albeit almost a year late. 

For half of the players, emotes are not a reward. It is true that this mode didn't NEED to give us a "special" reward, however seeing as even offline bots grants XP, it is not a special reward, it is standard. Giving XP for this mode would have given it replayability, but once most people have completed the challenges, they most likely won't be returning to SP challenges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That would be like saying the movies had no rewatch vaule. They're both meant to entertain and in the movies case hopefully give you a few jump scares. What's the point of rewatching the movies after you've seen them? You already know what's going to happen. You watch them again because you enjoy them. The Spc are no different. You'll replay them cause you enjoy them. Not to grind out rewards or xp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

That would be like saying the movies had no rewatch vaule. They're both meant to entertain and in the movies case hopefully give you a few jump scares. What's the point of rewatching the movies after you've seen them? You already know what's going to happen. You watch them again because you enjoy them. The Spc are no different. You'll replay them cause you enjoy them. Not to grind out rewards or xp.

your logic would work if the devs didnt put one of the most anticipated features (weapon swap) behind level 113, actively ENCOURAGING playing this game not for the fun but for the rewards and xp grinding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

How about maybe scrolling past posts and opinion that gets you all flustered and excited? ? 

Welcome to a discussion forum, where people discuss things. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Champ255 said:

You get CP for the single player challenge objectives.  Im happy.

Why has no one mentioned this yet? That kind of changes everything. Is it doubled for the double XP event?

Played a few more matches and I can only say, is this patch even real? I feel like they released a test build of it or something. It can't actually be this much of a failure.

13 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Why has no one mentioned this yet? That kind of changes everything. Is it doubled for the double XP event?

You can only earn them once for each objective . The hidden objective earns you 1000 CP.  It is not affected by the event. 

• Thanks 1