ZenVirtue69

Friday the 13th Gaymers Group?

Hey! Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, so I figured I would put it here. I just wanted to know if there was already like an established group of gaymers who play Friday the 13th or not. As a gaymer myself, I know that the experience of playing the game with my LGBTQIA folks is waaaaaay different than playing with the random clustermuck that is the mass of random straight guys constantly dropping derogatory comments over the walkie while you're just trying to enjoy the game. I guess I would be curious to see who all is out there. I've played several matches with a couple other gaymers I've met in random lobbies and those have honestly been some of the most fun matches and parties ever, just because the whole vibe is different and def not as tox masc.

21 hours ago, ZenVirtue69 said:

Hey! Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, so I figured I would put it here. I just wanted to know if there was already like an established group of gaymers who play Friday the 13th or not. As a gaymer myself, I know that the experience of playing the game with my LGBTQIA folks is waaaaaay different than playing with the random clustermuck that is the mass of random straight guys constantly dropping derogatory comments over the walkie while you're just trying to enjoy the game. I guess I would be curious to see who all is out there. I've played several matches with a couple other gaymers I've met in random lobbies and those have honestly been some of the most fun matches and parties ever, just because the whole vibe is different and def not as tox masc.

Well , I by myself am not one but I would be as nice as I could be to you.

I sometimes think , what assholes are probably out there , who Insult you because of this.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I by myself am not one but I would be as nice as I could be to you.

I sometimes think , what assholes are probably out there , who Insult you because of this.

Yeah... lol I remember like one of my first matches I get into a lobby and the host sees I have a mic and is like "yo are you a n!993r" and me being me, I was like "Uh does it matter? So what if I am?" and his response, because of my inflection was "Wait, you're a N!66#r and a F@660+!?!?"....

Lol things like that happen from time to time. Not often enough to make me want to stop playing all together, but way too often to try and report or complain about every person that does.

I appreciate your support though and could always use more friends on Friday. 

32 minutes ago, ZenVirtue69 said:

I appreciate your support though and could always use more friends on Friday. 

I'm with @The Wolf with that Toast. I'm straight, but you have my support. It really sucks that people say shit like that all the time...

As a kid, calling someone gay was THE insult to use. Looking back, we probably caused a lot of shit by doing that and I truly regret it. An old friend of mine (who came out years after this) almost refused to hangout with me because I had said something like that to him at some point. I still to this day don't remember it, but I know it's very likely that it happened. We've since lost touch, but he's still a brother in my book. Him coming out is what really made me rethink all the shit we used to say as kids... That experience really opened my eyes.

Sorry for the rant, but you all get enough shit day to day to have to deal with it when trying to relax with a video game... Feel free to add me to your "not a shithead" list: TruthfulList56 (on xbox)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'm with @The Wolf with that Toast. I'm straight, but you have my support. It really sucks that people say shit like that all the time...

As a kid, calling someone gay was THE insult to use. Looking back, we probably caused a lot of shit by doing that and I truly regret it. An old friend of mine (who came out years after this) almost refused to hangout with me because I had said something like that to him at some point. I still to this day don't remember it, but I know it's very likely that it happened. We've since lost touch, but he's still a brother in my book. Him coming out is what really made me rethink all the shit we used to say as kids... That experience really opened my eyes.

Sorry for the rant, but you all get enough shit day to day to have to deal with it when trying to relax with a video game... Feel free to add me to your "not a shithead" list: TruthfulList56 (on xbox)

Hahaha "Not a Shithead List". I love it. Yeah... I didn't wanna get deep or turn it into like a vent fest, I just know, like you said, we go through it everyday- just being treated like shit cuz you're different... It's hard to do it day in and day out and then deal with it even in recreation.

Like talk shit to me because I'm a terrible Jason, or because I made a terrible play... but to deal with it because of who or how you are is kind of a lot.

I play on PS4 but if there is any momentum around it or if I decide to change platforms I will definitely be adding you- as you have not been a "shithead" in any of the threads that I've seen. Thank you!

Dicks will be dicks, regardless of who you are. They feel the need to be vulgar towards someone, they will swoop down on anyone.

Eh, I've been called a lot of names and I don't even use a mic. Most of the time it isn't meant as a direct insult to a gay person, more of a general insult. But as a gay man, it's obnoxious having to hear it constantly when it comes to online gaming. I wish you luck if you decide to make a LGBT friendly group!

• Like 1

Thicker skin is key to surviving in this world. On a chat I’m almost positive no one would know either way what sex you are attracted to unless announcing it. I can’t see the dilemma! Forgive me for not understanding. I’ve been told by many under the age of 10 how they fucked my mom lol. So take into consideration for yourself that people don’t know you. You’ll survive the night. Hang in there 

On 5/28/2018 at 10:54 AM, Tex138 said:

On a chat I’m almost positive no one would know either way what sex you are attracted to unless announcing it.

True, but that doesn't make the insults any less insulting. Calling someone a fag may seem harmless to some people, but others are deeply offended by it. Sometimes we say things without knowing the real impact they may have.

Me saying I fucked your mom is different. We all know I didn't (or do we...?), so it's clearly just some bullshit.

Calling someone out for their sexual orientation/identification is unnecessary. You don't know what that person is going through, how they've been treated for how they feel, or how it's going to effect them.

I'm not trying to argue, just explain. I'm guilty of saying shit like that without knowing the true impact it might have, and I regret it. It's immature and unnecessary (and can be very hurtful).

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

True, but that doesn't make the insults any less insulting. Calling someone a fag may seem harmless to some people, but others are deeply offended by it. Sometimes we say things without knowing the real impact they may have.

Me saying I fucked your mom is different. We all know I didn't (or do we...?), so it's clearly just some bullshit.

Calling someone out for their sexual orientation/identification is unnecessary. You don't know what that person is going through, how they've been treated for how they feel, or how it's going to effect them.

I'm not trying to argue, just explain. I'm guilty of saying shit like that without knowing the true impact it might have, and I regret it. It's immature and unnecessary (and can be very hurtful).

Man , don´t blame yourself too hard.

14 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@NthnButAGoodTime runs the PS4 group over there, and I imagine they're not a bunch of dickheads.

Well that's a contradictory statement if I ever saw one...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well that's a contradictory statement if I ever saw one...

Thats why I gave myself some wiggle room with "imagine."  I can't say for sure, I've never played on ps4 :P

11 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@ZenVirtue69 while not an LGBT group, @NthnButAGoodTime runs the PS4 group over there, and I imagine they're not a bunch of dickheads.

We certainly try not to be.:) Some of our members are LGBTQIA+ folks, but it isn't the core identity of the group. Our primary directive is to provide an environment for players to play the game as-designed in a respectful environment. Microphones aren't required, but we aspire to provide an environment where players can feel comfortable using them when they might not otherwise. Any "trash-talk" is in the spirit of healthy competition and mutual respect.

I'm moving this conversation over to the Player Run Challenges area, as that will put it in front of players looking for games or groups.

• Thanks 1

I feel for LGBT players (even in the relatively small Aus/NZ community, seems like there's a good number of LGBT folk), I really do...  

The thought of someone getting their feelings hurt or feeling singled out by some random fuckwit really bothers me. It just shouldn't happen. 

Hate speech gets thrown around quite a bit by some of the knuckledragging cretins who play this game... Otherwise known as future roadkill - courtesy of the chadmobile. 

I try to keep my friends list fuckwit-free so I have a good group of people to play with and don't need to encounter random bigoted morons too often.

Literally everyone on my friend's list is from F13 since I play almost no other game online.. so it's nice being able to fill lobbies with people who aren't horrible human beings.  

In my experience they're usually just using derogatory terms as "general" insults, but I wouldn't put it past some of the people I've encountered while playing to be low enough to actually direct them at someone who could feel personally hurt by it. 

I think I've seen a community on PSN that one of my friends is in called Friday the 13th LGBT or something like that? Not sure how active/populated it is, but a cool initiative either way. 

I don't really add people from overseas much because I prefer to play with other local players for ping reasons - always happy to make the odd exception, though people from the US will likely get ping somewhere between 250-400 if they play with me,  so depends on your individual tolerance level for the awfulness that is high ping. I personally cbf playing with really bad ping ever haha. My name on PS4 is pretty much my username here except with a hyphen between tiny and squirrel, feel free to add if you want to - just mention F13 forum and i'll accept. 

Peace and love to all! ?

I'm surprised there isn't a discord group dedicated specifically to LGBT users. Some users of this game are beyond immature and although I've never gotten anything necessarily derogatory spewed at me, it makes the game pretty unenjoyable to play. I think this type of stuff comes in pretty much any space involving gamers... I just wish reporting was easier in a game like this. We should be afraid of getting grabbed by Jason, not about getting verbally harassed.

• Like 1