fourkillmaster

If Your Level 150 and Play As Vanessa I Have No Respect For You

Just now, Truth said:

Even when they're just running in circles around a table?

If it's a real chase, that's one thing. But if they're just running in circles, then Jason clearly doesn't know how to combat it and it's just sad...

Sounds like a Jason problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'd rather that than have the rest of the lobby watch me run in circles for 10 minutes just because I can.

Personally I could care less about other peoples experience in quick play. Most people quit after they die anyway. The people I group with and myself appreciate a good chase. Watching them kite Jason has made me a better player. I am able to see when the best time to hit him is, and what type of cabins are best for hiding (single door cabins are death traps if the back window is blocked). At the same time, it has also helped me as Jason also. It shows me when the best time to throw knifes (after a counselor gets up after jumping through a window), and when to use stalk. That's just me though. 

I can fix things playing as Vanessa. I can attack Jason playing as Vanessa. I can avoid shift playing as Vanessa. What's the problem? It's not like I spend the whole time doing nothing. I do fix things and try to help others.

The problem with this community is trying to dictate how each one has to play the game.

Whatever, I do not even know why I got into this discussion, I'm main AJ LOL

2 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

So decided to come back in-between a match and what do you know Vanessa is currently running circles around Jason giving me the opportunity to chat with you all again.

Maybe you should watch so you learn how to stay alive.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Maybe at that point Jason should just go to his shack and let the Vanessa repair parts so they can leave without having to kite.

Yes. That comes off as idiotic. Just like saying the counselor should just give up.

It's a multiplayer video game. Both sides should be trying.

I agree, both sides should be trying. Even though it may be pointless, at least the counsellor tried.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Maybe you should watch so you learn how to stay alive.

I escaped but I guess I should just learn to run in circles the whole match instead.

7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Maybe at that point Jason should just go to his shack and let the Vanessa repair parts so they can leave without having to kite.

Yes. That comes off as idiotic. Just like saying the counselor should just give up.

It's a multiplayer video game. Both sides should be trying.

Yeah I can't believe those players that play as Jason 7. Waste my time running around as a counselor knowing I'm never going to die. Wasting everyone elses time watching. The nerve of these people.... ? jk. Ive been killed by Jason 7 many times just as I have been killed or seen 150s killed as Vanessa. To op: Study up and get better, just like the person did that is kiting you.

Just now, fourkillmaster said:

I escaped but I guess I should just learn to run in circles the whole match instead.

much better than dying.

2 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

Yeah running in circles is lame. I at least try to make the chase fun. If I die I die, If I survive I usually have the respect of Jason.

45 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

I've been maining LaChappa and Shelly mostly lately.  If you're level 150 and still have to use Vanessa in quick play, you prob are trying to hard.

The way that I see it, they aren’t trying hard enough. If you can survive the entire match as Vanessa after being tunneled by Jason for half the match and you are level 150, then it’s time to challenge yourself by switching to a slower character. Otherwise you’re just stagnating as a player. 

• Like 1

If escape is no longer a viable option then why would I just give up no matter what counselor I'm using? If they want me dead come and earn it. If they can't kill me that's on them. It's not that hard to catch a Vanessa. You just have to out smart them. For the record I'm 150 but not a Vanessa main. I actually don't have a main, I just play who I'm in the mood to play.

I always play with random counselors. After playing so much it's one of the few ways to spice it up.

The underlying problem here is that, meta-wise, Vanessa is too good a counselor to not use compared to everyone else. If you had a team filled with nothing but Vanessas, you could still do the following:

1. Demask Jason: It takes roughly 3-4 hits to do with power vertical attacks in combat stance to do with a machete. She can even use an axe for this because her luck is above average.
  2. Fix objectives: Jason can't watch all the objectives all at once, meaning a coordinated group can still make repairs.
  3. Fight Jason off: She has above average luck, so weapons like a baseball bat still last a good number of swings.

This highlights the issues with some of the stats. Repair needs to be treated as an important stat, not something that even someone like Vanessa can make basic repairs so long as she doesn't accidentally tip Jason off. Demasking Jason in general needs to be more difficult in order to make this a more satisfying win condition (as well as not make Jason look like a chump, especially new players). Combined with her excellent athleticism plus the fact she can wear the swetaer, and you've got a counselor who essentially has no equal. The only thing that sucks about her is that people will be overly suspicious if she follows them; Jason teamers like picking her in order to keep up with their intended victim while making more noise than a bull in a china shop.

Just now, Boostio said:

Are you just jealous that you can't bully Jason as Vanessa?

Are you one of the hack and cheat crew?

YEAH @malloymk!!! Stop being good at the game and just charge Jason head on in the opening seconds of a match...jeez.

This guy shows off as Vanessa (I mean that with all due respect) and turns her into as good of an all around counselor as it gets.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Are you one of the hack and cheat crew?

yeah

9 minutes ago, ifuseekandy said:

I can fix things playing as Vanessa. I can attack Jason playing as Vanessa. I can avoid shift playing as Vanessa. What's the problem? It's not like I spend the whole time doing nothing. I do fix things and try to help others.

The problem with this community is trying to dictate how each one has to play the game.

Whatever, I do not even know why I got into this discussion, I'm main AJ LOL

Yes and no. 

We have a few house rules we generally play with. As counselors, close and lock doors, don't tell Jason stuff that fucks over others, stuff like that. As Jason, don't make it boring. Jason has many advantages. Quick kills over and over just to ensure nobody has any chance to escape is something we dislike. Sure, you can tell us to fuck off, but you won't play long or be invited back. It works for the majority and we have a thriving lobby week to week. 

In QP, anything goes. this is where people need to realize that how they want the game to be played doesn't matter. 

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I always play with random counselors. After playing so much it's one of the few ways to spice it up.

I'm gonna try to get our Thursday group to try this out sometime. You should join in sometime, ninja. 

• Like 1

cool

i have no respect for devs who allow this shit to happen in the first place and no respect for jasons who get bullied by a single vanessa for 10 mins straight. get good or play a different game cause the devs dont care and wont fix anything for ya.

43 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

YOU ARE THE REASON THE GAME IS DYING on PC. REMEMBER THAT,

no, theres a lot of reasons, including the devs not giving us any updates and bug fixes at all for 4 months straight only to end up with a lackluster patch like the incoming one 4 months and no dedicated servers, and people are happy about that and tell the devs theyre doing amazing. just a few more additions to keep us "working towards" for a lil bit while the devs continue lying into everyones faces and producing lackluster content all while sketchy shit like the recent savini sellers on ebay and a lot of lies having been told while half the community says "great work devs you are the best!" is why the game is dying. people playing a counselor with a great combo of strengths and weaknesses and then exploiting all the glitches and balance issues that havent been touched for months and will never be changed because the devs dont know how to deal with gamebreaking issues is why.

the glitch where you drive the car and get out and stay at the car and get killed not having been fixed and likely not being fixed even in the patch they took 4 months to make is why people are no longer playing this game.

the devs only care about giving level 150s rewards for playing the game and emotes for completing challenges rather than just adding fun gameplay content for everyone AND fixing gamebreaking bugs, balancing issues and most importantly the fact jason kinda really sucks right now. 

oh and just for your info, nobody gives a fuck about wether you respect em or not lol. if you think a rage thread telling those vanessa players you dont respect them is gonna change anything u dumb lol. infact if it was for me, your post would be just more of an inclination to find out what your steam name is and join your lobbies just so i can hold the entire game up as vanessa and have you write more "i dont respect yall" ragethreads. on the internet, other peoples tears are gold.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

cool

i have no respect for devs who allow this shit to happen in the first place and no respect for jasons who get bullied by a single vanessa for 10 mins straight. get good or play a different game cause the devs dont care and wont fix anything for ya.

no, theres a lot of reasons, including the devs not giving us any updates and bug fixes at all for 4 months straight only to end up with a lackluster patch like the incoming one 4 months and no dedicated servers, and people are happy about that and tell the devs theyre doing amazing. just a few more additions to keep us "working towards" for a lil bit while the devs continue lying into everyones faces and producing lackluster content all while sketchy shit like the recent savini sellers on ebay and a lot of lies having been told while half the community says "great work devs you are the best!" is why the game is dying. people playing a counselor with a great combo of strengths and weaknesses and then exploiting all the glitches and balance issues that havent been touched for months and will never be changed because the devs dont know how to deal with gamebreaking issues is why.

the glitch where you drive the car and get out and stay at the car and get killed not having been fixed and likely not being fixed even in the patch they took 4 months to make is why people are no longer playing this game.

the devs only care about giving level 150s rewards for playing the game and emotes for completing challenges rather than just adding fun gameplay content for everyone AND fixing gamebreaking bugs, balancing issues and most importantly the fact jason kinda really sucks right now. 

oh and just for your info, nobody gives a fuck about wether you respect em or not lol. if you think a rage thread telling those vanessa players you dont respect them is gonna change anything u dumb lol. infact if it was for me, your post would be just more of an inclination to find out what your steam name is and join your lobbies just so i can hold the entire game up as vanessa and have you write more "i dont respect yall" ragethreads. on the internet, other peoples tears are gold.

Bravo. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure what the point of this thread was. Was it to express your concerns with trollish players? It sounds very much like that and there are threads for it already if you search :)

• Haha 1