Jump to content
fourkillmaster

If Your Level 150 and Play As Vanessa I Have No Respect For You

Recommended Posts

We get it, she's fast, she can run circles around Jason, but please for the sake of our sanity STOP looping him around for 10 minutes when you are the last person alive! I am host 90% of my games, I want to level up the normal way by having fun and meeting people in multiplayer, I don't want to end the game early so we can all get our xp instead of farming bots. You running around in circles like a jackass and talking shit to Jason while the rest of us who have played in the same match for 5 rounds do not want to watch this stupid cat and mouse game for 10 minutes, ESPECIALLY when the cops aren't coming! I get it, bullying Jason is fun and exploiting his animations must be a hoot, jumping out of the same window a hundred times and getting 2 uses out of your medspray as-well, but please for the sake of everyone else, play as Lachappa and just die. Sure you no-lifed the game for 2000 hours or whatever other ridiculous number and consider yourself a "real" fan of the series. Then please if you see a new player as Jason, either a kid, or someones friend who is trying out the game, let him get a kill, let him walk away from the experience saying he had a good time, not that he frustratingly got ran circles around for 20 minutes by one person. YOU ARE THE REASON THE GAME IS DYING on PC. REMEMBER THAT, this game isn't about what's meta, about trapping the phone first, it's about having fun and getting  scared with friends, not about being a jackass abusing the games mechanics. I understand it comes with the territory, people can't leave there ego's at the door when they enter a cabin. They have to SURVIVE! They have to 8/8 as Jason! How about having some fun for once, and not your twisted bastardization of the concept. That's all, yours truly a salty Jason and Counselor player.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If my level 50"?

ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanessa means easy mode for everyone with a bit of experience in this game. agreed.

The worst Vanessa players are those who flame you for not playing her. Or even worse if you play AJ. That seems to trigger Vanessa mains very hard. So hard it is fun to play AJ only because they rage so much about it. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually prefer Chad over Vanessa. I was running away from a lv150 Savini Jason last night as Chad and made him quit. I wasn't even trolling or trash talking, was just surviving. Some people just can't handle not being very good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

We get it, she's fast, she can run circles around Jason, but please for the sake of our sanity STOP looping him around for 10 minutes when you are the last person alive! I am host 90% of my games, I want to level up the normal way by having fun and meeting people in multiplayer, I don't want to end the game early so we can all get our xp instead of farming bots. You running around in circles like a jackass and talking shit to Jason while the rest of us who have played in the same match for 5 rounds do not want to watch this stupid cat and mouse game for 10 minutes, ESPECIALLY when the cops aren't coming! I get it, bullying Jason is fun and exploiting his animations must be a hoot, jumping out of the same window a hundred times and getting 2 uses out of your medspray as-well, but please for the sake of everyone else, play as Lachappa and just die. Sure you no-lifed the game for 2000 hours or whatever other ridiculous number and consider yourself a "real" fan of the series. Then please if you see a new player as Jason, either a kid, or someones friend who is trying out the game, let him get a kill, let him walk away from the experience saying he had a good time, not that he frustratingly got ran circles around for 20 minutes by one person. YOU ARE THE REASON THE GAME IS DYING on PC. REMEMBER THAT, this game isn't about what's meta, about trapping the phone first, it's about having fun and getting  scared with friends, not about being a jackass abusing the games mechanics. I understand it comes with the territory, people can't leave there ego's at the door when they enter a cabin. They have to SURVIVE! They have to 8/8 as Jason! How about having some fun for once, and not your twisted bastardization of the concept. That's all, yours truly a salty Jason and Counselor player.

If you are the last one alive with no objectives completed, what else are you suppose to do? Let him kill you? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manny1985 said:

If you are the last one alive with no objectives completed, what else are you suppose to do? Let him kill you? 

The game is essentially over, it's better to just find a cool death and accept it so we can all start a new one in 1 minute then 10 minutes. If the police are coming, if you have car keys, ect then survive all you want but if there's no hope but the time limit then might as-well just let Jason hug you for the greater good. Tommy is fair game though as he can repair things relatively quickly and can pull off a good thematic escape. It's what I do usually if I'm the last one alive, find a cool place for a final showdown with Jason and fight it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been maining LaChappa and Shelly mostly lately.  If you're level 150 and still have to use Vanessa in quick play, you prob are trying to hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

If you are the last one alive with no objectives completed, what else are you suppose to do? Let him kill you? 

Exactly. What a boob. "Wahhh. Play the video game the way I like it. Wahhh."

Crybaby. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fourkillmaster said:

The game is essentially over, it's better to just find a cool death and accept it so we can all start a new one in 1 minute then 10 minutes. If the police are coming, if you have car keys, ect then survive all you want but if there's no hope but the time limit then might as-well just let Jason hug you for the greater good. Tommy is fair game though as he can repair things relatively quickly and can pull off a good thematic escape. It's what I do usually if I'm the last one alive, find a cool place for a final showdown with Jason and fight it out.

I disagree completely. The greater good? People don't play video games so others can be entertained. If I am the last one alive, I am not going to let Jason kill me. In maps like Higgens Haven and Packanack, people can easily run out the timers if they are the last one alive. I mean how else are people suppose to get the survive the night badge?

I do agree with one point though, the shit talking is annoying. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's just lucky for us that we don't require your respect to enjoy the game.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fourkillmaster

No thanks my dude. If it's a game mechanic and they aren't using exploits, let them kite Jason as long as they want. How do you know they aren't trying to get the Survive the Night patch? Just like you said, Vanessa is your best bet to survive for 20 minutes. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean people have to change, you have to deal with it, because it's apart of the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

YOU ARE THE REASON THE GAME IS DYING on PC. REMEMBER THAT, this game isn't about what's meta, about trapping the phone first, it's about having fun and getting  scared with friends, not about being a jackass abusing the games mechanics

Let's be realistic. You can't hate the player, you gotta hate the game. 

As fucked up as you might think it is to have to sit and wait, it's equally fucked up to expect someone to do what you're asking. The only way to fix this is to have the devs implement something that makes looping Jason a losing endeavor. Otherwise people will (and should) play as they want and it's extremely narcissistic and childish to believe otherwise.

Let me just say that I play random as a counselor. I never loop, and I don't care all that much if I die, so I'm not defending my own actions. I agree that looping is a cheap tactic that frustrated me when I was a baby cub Jason. But now I have grown to become the excellence of execution, and I almost enjoy when someone tries to loop me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

If you are the last one alive with no objectives completed, what else are you suppose to do? Let him kill you? 

If you're level 150, why does it matter? That's how I look at it, but I understand.

Just now, Whitebabyjoker said:

If it's a game mechanic and they aren't using exploits, let them kite Jason as long as they want.

It's less about the specific player's need for a "win" and more about everyone having a good time.

Nobody likes to watch them run in circles for 10 minutes. There are ways around it. But if the person playing Jason doesn't know that, then maybe you should just cut him some slack since he's clearly newer to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually save my knives or try to get fancy with shift positioning for tricky Vanessa players. As for my part, I played AJ till I got Mitch, and now I pretty much just play Mitch. I prefer to play a bit more stealthy as Counselor, so it works for me.

Yeah though, if you're just arbitrarily dragging out your death (No matter who you're playing) when you have no realistic means of escape left/there's no chance you're going to survive the rest of the time limit then it's kind of a trash move to waste the other player's time with shenanigans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per the title? I don't give a fuck. 

13 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

We get it, she's fast, she can run circles around Jason, but please for the sake of our sanity STOP looping him around for 10 minutes when you are the last person alive! 

This depends on context. I've had games where I was the last alive, and even with the police called, on Pinehurst I wasn't going to be able to make it across the map. I had to die or loop Jason across some cabins. Granted, I was Adam in that game, but the point stands. If a player is drawing out the game needlessly, I agree with you. If they are doing it because the alternative is to lose? Not so much. 

15 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

 You running around in circles like a jackass and talking shit to Jason while the rest of us who have played in the same match for 5 rounds do not want to watch this stupid cat and mouse game for 10 minutes, ESPECIALLY when the cops aren't coming! 

Eh? Sounds like you need to deal. People are not expected to give up and die. If nobody got the police called, if the cars are off the map or not fixed, and I can outlast Jason, I'm going to do my best to do so. Deal with it. 

17 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

 I get it, bullying Jason is fun and exploiting his animations must be a hoot, jumping out of the same window a hundred times and getting 2 uses out of your medspray as-well, but please for the sake of everyone else, play as Lachappa and just die. 

Nope. If cabin tag is what it takes to live, I'm going to try. 

 

18 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

Sure you no-lifed the game for 2000 hours or whatever other ridiculous number and consider yourself a "real" fan of the series. Then please if you see a new player as Jason, either a kid, or someones friend who is trying out the game, let him get a kill, let him walk away from the experience saying he had a good time, not that he frustratingly got ran circles around for 20 minutes by one person. 

Personal insults. Nice. But moving onto the helping newbies out. You can do that by how you play. I've given tips to Jason's in pursuit at times. It has a lot to do if they come off as dicks, or are cheating or whatnot vs being somebody I'd like to see do better. If you come into a game and expect to jump to the top of the heap in a day? Grow up. Practice. Play. Learn the meta. Play with that in mind. Research a bit. The internet is there on your phone, PC, laptop. Or continue to suck. It's your decision, metaphoric new guy.

22 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

 YOU ARE THE REASON THE GAME IS DYING on PC. REMEMBER THAT,

Oh, Noes! It's in caps so it has to be true!

22 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

this game isn't about what's meta, about trapping the phone first, it's about having fun and getting  scared with friends, not about being a jackass abusing the games mechanics. I understand it comes with the territory, people can't leave there ego's at the door when they enter a cabin. They have to SURVIVE! They have to 8/8 as Jason! How about having some fun for once, and not your twisted bastardization of the concept. 

Sure it is. If you want to win, you need to know how. A player who decides to hide in a closet, doesn't get vehicles moving and dies once rage sets in. A character who runs in the woods aimlessly, runs out of stamina and dies. A player who doesn't play the game toward an end doesn't do as good as those who do. 

With that said, I still have fun with friends, get scared when I screw up or Jason pulls a fast one, and love playing a game of wits on both sides of the hockey mask. 

If I can go 8/8, Fuck Yeah! If not, better luck next time. I'm not going to go less than that unless my opponents are good enough to escape. 

26 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

 That's all, yours truly a salty Jason and Counselor player.

Well, you got this part right at least. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

The game is essentially over, it's better to just find a cool death and accept it so we can all start a new one in 1 minute then 10 minutes. If the police are coming, if you have car keys, ect then survive all you want but if there's no hope but the time limit then might as-well just let Jason hug you for the greater good. Tommy is fair game though as he can repair things relatively quickly and can pull off a good thematic escape. It's what I do usually if I'm the last one alive, find a cool place for a final showdown with Jason and fight it out.

If the Jason killed everyone within 10 minutes except for one person, and that chase lasts 10 minutes....that is pretty much exactly how the movies played out.

Also, if the Jason has killed everyone in 10 minutes, I would hardly say the Jason needs any help in killing 1 more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Truth said:

If you're level 150, why does it matter? That's how I look at it, but I understand.

It's less about the specific player's need for a "win" and more about everyone having a good time.

Nobody likes to watch them run in circles for 10 minutes. There are ways around it. But if the person playing Jason doesn't know that, then maybe you should just cut him some slack since he's clearly newer to the game.

A lot of people play not to level up, but just to have fun. I personally could care less what level I am. My objective is to survive. If I die, no big deal, but I am not going to die willingly. I won't go down without a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Truth said:

If you're level 150, why does it matter? That's how I look at it, but I understand.

It's less about the specific player's need for a "win" and more about everyone having a good time.

Nobody likes to watch them run in circles for 10 minutes. There are ways around it. But if the person playing Jason doesn't know that, then maybe you should just cut him some slack since he's clearly newer to the game.

Lol. Maybe at that point Jason should just go to his shack and let the Vanessa repair parts so they can leave without having to kite.

Yes. That comes off as idiotic. Just like saying the counselor should just give up.

It's a multiplayer video game. Both sides should be trying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manny1985 said:

A lot of people play not to level up, but just to have fun. I personally could care less what level I am. My objective is to survive. If I die, no big deal, but I am not going to die willingly. I won't go down without a fight.

Me either, why give up. I actually enjoy finally catching and killing that final counselor, especially if it is a Vanessa or Chad. If they just give up, I'd rather play bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Maybe at that point Jason should just go to his shack and let the Vanessa repair parts so they can leave without having to kite.

Yes. That comes off as idiotic. Just like saying the counselor should just give up.

It's a multiplayer video game. Bofh sides should be trying.

"Should be broadcast over the Intercom at Camp"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

My objective is to survive. If I die, no big deal, but I am not going to die willingly. I won't go down without a fight.

I understand that. A lot of people feel the same. I just play to have fun, don't care if I die or survive as long as everyone is enjoying it.

Just now, malloymk said:

Just like saying the counselor should just give up.ÔĽŅ

I didn't say they should. I said:

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

If you're level 150, why does it matter? That's how I look at it, but I understand.

I'm totally fine with letting him kill me. I'd rather that than have the rest of the lobby watch me run in circles for 10 minutes just because I can. That's not fun for anyone, including me. So why would I do it? I'd much rather just get on to the next match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Maybe at that point Jason should just go to his shack and let the Vanessa repair parts so they can leave without having to kite.

Yes. That comes off as idiotic. Just like saying the counselor should just give up.

It's a multiplayer video game. Bofh sides should be trying.

Yup, I for one enjoy watching anyone try to elude Jason at the end. I'll go make some coffee and watch the show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redrum138 said:

Yup, I for one enjoy watching anyone try to elude Jason at the end. I'll go make some coffee and watch the show.

Even when they're just running in circles around a table?

If it's a real chase, that's one thing. But if they're just running in circles, then Jason clearly doesn't know how to combat it and it's just sad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So decided to come back in-between a match and what do you know Vanessa is currently running circles around Jason giving me the opportunity to chat with you all again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×