Expressing an opinion on the update isn't an "extreme toxic reaction".

The update is a mixed bag, there are still a lot of errors which need to be corrected and can only be corrected via player feedback.

Echo chambers are bad. Mhmkay.

23 hours ago, Erik13E said:

I've only been able to try the first one this mornign before work, I like it. I did however NOT like having to redo all my counselor set-ups, clothing, emotes, perks AND everything about Jason. And game settings. But we'll get them straightened out and corrected again. 

It's not like it happens every day. The last time you were forced to choose individual settings was when you started.

6 minutes ago, TreeP said:

It's not like it happens every day. The last time you were forced to choose individual settings was when you started.

yep, and I had them set up how i like them, all counselors set up and Jasons setup too.... I switch my sounselors ans jasons up regularly, so it takes a while to get every thing back. But, Like I said It'll get straightened out eventually

i’ve been a supporter of this game since the may of last year, through all of its bugs, glitches, and crashes. i’ve accepted unfair balance changes, adapted to in-game exploits, and settled into the god-awful trolling that is omnipresent in this toxic community. but this update has finished the game for me. multiplayer looks like absolute hell now, with maps too dark to even see on. jason’s shift is shaky and almost unusable at this point, with his grab/shift grab impossible to use. my least favorite part of this update is definitely the reworked jason grab, as it is has become obnoxiously large, and difficult to use. his weapon swiping now looks disgusting and is completely over powered. and as for counselors: the map is too dark to see, counselors are unable to hit jason through the wall even though he is still able to, and the car is a fucking piece of shit. driving is literally cancerous at this point and escaping with the car is almost impossible. counselors and jason look cartoonish now, taking away from the realistic effect we loved. while the single player challenges are an excellent addition to the game, the modifications they’ve made to the online mode is absolutely horrendous. this is the start of the end in my opinion. pls bring back the old friday.

• Thanks 1

Only played a half dozen online games last night. The only bug I saw that people are complaining about here is counselors shaking in Jason's grip.... I did see a double kill glitch last night as well, but that one is not new. Perhaps I will see some more tonight.
    I was only able to find one pocket knife last night as a counselor.... as Jason, I did not get hit by and more pocket knife stuns than normal.... yet. And being too dark? This is a complaint? Turn up your gamma and deal with it... this is something you can set your own preference for.

The new grip took a bit of getting used to... heard a lot of complaints from people I grabbed.... nothing new with that part. With Jason being locked into the grab animation for as long as he is, I foresee skilled counselors quickly learning how to avoid the grab and punish Jason. They will adapt. I think it looks good. It looks far more aggressive. Much better than it was before the update.
   I also did not have a chance to drive the car yet. I am curious about how it handles now... descriptions will not satisfy my curiosity, I have to take it for a spin.

Also.... What's with the Uber Jason? Some people are saying it came with the update. Most people say they do not have it. I am one of those that does not have it and suspect it has something to do with hacked Savini Jason. Those that have it apparently got 6 kills with Uber's machete and can swap the weapon. Uber Jason was not supposed to be released with this update and is not in the patch notes... 

As far as most of the current bugs that have apparently not been fixed... the rubber banding for the car driver never caused me a problem after it happened to me once. I adapted... If you want to drive alone, find a pocket knife first... this does not work well against slashers though. Other than that... take passengers with weapons to defend you. This bug is far from game breaking... it is incentive to drive better and use your head to find ways to avoid the problem... adapt. Since this started, if I am alone when I start the car... I move to pick up as many counselors as I can. I am a pretty good driver so I do not have a problem with this... but sometimes, Jason will still get you. If you die, then you die... try again in the next game. When it is finally taken out, I will continue the habit of trying to pick up as many people as possible.... I am not saying this bug does not need to go... please fix it... I am saying it is not the massive problem that some people make it out to be.
   There is a pretty long list of bugs that were fixed... some of which I did not know were there. This is a new engine, of course there will be new bugs coming with it... but now it is finished and they can focus on some fixes and getting those dedicated servers up and running for console players. I play on PC, but I think with the number of complaints I see on these forums and what lack of dedicated servers does for (or to) these players... dedicated servers for them should be the priority now. Hopefully, we can have some people working on bug and glitch fixes and get some patches out fairly quickly for some of these.

Overall... I say good job with the update. I am impressed. The single player challenges are a great addition to this game and I hope to see more of them... after dedicated servers and bug / glitch fixes.

• Thanks 1

Rubber banding extreme...

Packanack small>Jason catched us in the car at the main road, Chad, Jenny and my buggzy...I run to the next cabin, trz to open the door and like a lightning from God i swallow 3 machete slashes and crippling....

Pinehurst>A strange clap noise while i am running or walking and a strange @aah@ scream

Anybody else mad about how low the swing Jason/Roy has now? Now i can't hit windows with the r2 button like i use to from the side. i hit nothing but wood! You now have to be in  the center to smash a window giving counselors a better chance to hit you through a window. It also looked cooler hitting a window from the side.

7 hours ago, ArkhamRobot said:

Congrats to Devs for implementing all this.  Played a few games last night including the AI bots and smooth, higher res animations are kick a$$.  a Big thank you is well deserved and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the Update?? What game are you playing? There is more bugs now then there ever was. A lot of people are uninstalling the game!! Please Don't screw this game up for the love of god don't. Loads of people are asking where the $800K plus some that people kick started this game with??

• Thanks 1

Still don't have access to my physical copies bloody Jason skins and when I am Jason the counselors bug out when I'm killing them! On top of that when people get in a car they sometimes stand straight up which makes it next to impossible to drive when it happens to you! I want my damn bloody Jason skins back!!

If they leave the game like this, I will quit playing permanently. As others have already said, I've put up with all the nerfing they've done to Jason, all the one-sided advantages, the server problems that never got fixed, and every other stupid-as-shit thing that's been done to this game because despite all that, there was still enjoyment to be had when playing.

There is no longer enjoyment in playing. Jason's grab is worse than it's ever been, his swing is shit (good job fucking up the range Pt 6 had with his spear by the way), the audio and music are out of sync, it's too dark to see anything, counselor animations look like shit ... I could go on but what's the point? At this point I'd support their license getting revoked.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If they leave the game like this, I will quit playing permanently. As others have already said, I've put up with all the nerfing they've done to Jason, all the one-sided advantages, the server problems that never got fixed, and every other stupid-as-shit thing that's been done to this game because despite all that, there was still enjoyment to be had when playing.

There is no longer enjoyment in playing. Jason's grab is worse than it's ever been, his swing is shit (good job fucking up the range Pt 6 had with his spear by the way), the audio and music are out of sync, it's too dark to see anything, counselor animations look like shit ... I could go on but what's the point? At this point I'd support their license getting revoked.

A lot of people already are!!

Tried different weapon and Jason combinations with combat stance and it seems every Jason retains their combat stance animations from their original weapon. I put the Battle Axe on Part 4 and he held it with one hand in combat stance like he would hold the Pig Splitter.

Part 4 holding an axe that way looks kind of cool but it makes problems with part 6 and savini who hold the spear and pitchfork with two hands. Means that they hold the machete, pig splitter, and garden shears with their right hand on the blades.

10 hours ago, dannyhk87 said:

i can not stress this enough. the morph cursor on xbox one is broken! it does not show on the map when to morph it has not for over a year! i have the game on ps4 it is fine. and i do a google search it goes back as far as 6 months. i even contacted you at jasonkillsbugs today with a video about it and showing it. i had some hope this would fix it but i suppose not. the point is i and many other xbox one users have this issue and no morph on this game is gamebreaking so please devs. look into it. do a google search see for yourself on the morph bug

I notice that today also I really stinks I hope they fix it soon

51 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This.

Jason's grab is shit. It's hard enough to grab a counsellor now, let alone trying to shift grab experienced players.

I can't remember which, but there are some Jasons' which have a really fast shift speed. Pretty much dead now in terms of shift grabbing.

Graphics = good

Pitch Black darkness = bad

Convoluted Salt mines = bad

Legendary perks = good

Amount of bugs needed to be corrected = bad

Overall the update does fail to deliver. I still like the game and will play it, but they need to sort this shit out.

I've also rolled 3 legendaries so far. Utter shit mind, but still I wonder if I've rolled the most so far.

I think devs will sell Challenges DLC, this will not separate the players

Is it just me and something unique to my game or is morph not working in the single player challenge?

Maybe it's broken on purpose?

I can activate the map screen, but clicking on the map has no effect at all.  No matter which Jason I am as it doesn't work.

My 3 complaints.

1. Did not like the new lower swing animation. If I wanted to free swing to break windows I now hit the cabin instead. Why do you continue to insist that we use the prompt animation when it doesn't break the windows while a counselor climb or jumps through them?

2. The bots have too many pocket knives. I've liked how they've gotten better but giving them more knives is a cheat. 

3. The new grab is punishable. Counselors can see it a mile away and punish because Jason is locked up moving forward. The worst part about grabbing against a group is that you cannot use the counselor as a shield anymore. Fix that!

• Like 1

Just noticed something about the shed where mitch gets zapped; (facing the back)on the left side, it looks like there are a couple vertices that arent merged. 

New bug discovered.

Xbox One. Pinehurst. Offline bots.

I selected Savini Jason and picked Roy's shearers as a weapon.

At the main white house a new bug happened while chasing Vanessa.

Savini Jason's eyes turned green while standing still.

Then started changing different colors when I move around.

Hitting or breaking doors had a new colorful effect too.

Recorded a few clips. Editing a video together now.

1 hour ago, Loading said:

My 3 complaints.

1. Did not like the new lower swing animation. If I wanted to free swing to break windows I now hit the cabin instead. Why do you continue to insist that we use the prompt animation when it doesn't break the windows while a counselor climb or jumps through them?

100% agree with you about the new  swing being too low. I love free swinging the windows too now we can't it. Just that one thing hurts player mechanics because you're now forced to use the x prompt or stand in the center of the window to smash them. Giving players less options is never a good thing. This is what happens though when they constantly listen to whiners complain they can't hit people crouching.

• Like 1

First day back so not sure how much of this has been reported:

1) noticing a lot of weapons sticking to the ground. Happens when switching weapons. They fall and cant hit action button to pick it back up. Probably happened from bad coding in the change to prevent weapons from stacking and becoming unattainable. 

2) a ton of sound errors. From SP having wrong screams at times, to the sound of a door being barricaded was missing on a rain level on Xbox. Someone started the car twice on me and I never heard an engine cue as Jason. Sometimes traps not making a noise.

3) When going through and reassigning Jasons their weapons and kills I noticed this one:

aaaee1b4-e1db-4396-9ae3-d9e71f9c303c.jpg

Notice how I had just switched Jason and his kills are empty, none picked. Yet the description box still returns the function of The Jarvis kill which I had just assigned to the previous Jason I was looking at. It shouldn't have anything in the return box.

4) lots of color issues. Glowing skulls and eyes. Kills that blood comes out like Birthday skull in Halo and the Covenant's head explodes confetti. 

5) trap animation is real wonky and not fluid now. It seems an over-labored task than before. Also, it results in traps being placed right on your feet instead of out in front of you a bit. Though this is more of a pet peeve in animation.

6) animation for grabbing things out of drawers is off. Sometimes items aren't even in their hands. Twice I saw the item from my inventory that I was going to reace in the drawer instead of the new item I was picking up.

7) SP challenges Mission 2. If you go upstairs, the bedroom on the right has a floating pillow from a missing bed. Also on Mission 2, the kill with Mitch on the generator kills FPS.