13 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I am not ignorant about it. I rather would have it , that if the car gets stopped , the Driver should have next to no means of escaping because he fucked up. I think it should be risky. Really risky.

And it was only one line. How should I have been self-centered?

Could you maybe explain to me , how you interpreted my post? I am kinda confused.

Okay,

you said "yeah, I am level 130 and it has never happened to me" I took this as you agreeing with someone that it nevers happens much and is blown out of proportion just because it doesn't happen to you. You also said "there should be risk people should die if they get caught". You are assuming that A ) There is no risk and B ) The glitched person will only ever leave the car because they have been "Caught". With that said, I did apologize at the bottom of this post.

There is still risk. If a good Jason stops a full 4 seater, at least one or two players in the car are likely to die. If you think stopping the car should be an auto kill then fair enough, albeit that is an extreme opinion. The problem with the glitch is that the player has no choice but to stay in the car. They cannot move within five feet from the vehicle which also effects combat, healing, and trying to help anyone else (they also cannot see what is going on half the time as their screen will show the counsellor in an incorrect area). Therefore, the player has little choice... meaning the risk is still there and their odds of death go up when Jason stops the car, which is as it should be, but how the player and the other players address that risk is forced upon them.

Also, many players start and exit the car for other reasons than Jason has stopped it. I used to use the car to help others. I would start it and deliver it to new players, take it to the shack to get the sweater, take it strait at Jason to fight him, or even start it with no intention of driving so that he would teleport to the car and chase me while others repaired the fuse. Hell, sometimes a friend who is new to the game would want to try driving which the glitch can really complicate. The problem is not death, its that the moment the player gets in the drivers seat they cannot change their minds for any reason. It removes unique situations from the game and turns it into a rails experience.

Perhaps I was a little harsh on you and I apologize for that. Sincerely. But any glitch that forces a player to stay in one five foot radius for an entire match is very frustrating when it happens every time. Again, its not always about death, but rather the experience itself becomes a chore. if I took choice away from you you likely wouldn't like it. Maybe you would, but it's not fair to make that choice for others like me who have to deal with it 100% of the time.

21 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

If the driver of the car exits the car at  anytime for any reason, they become stuck in place right next to the car for the rest of the match. They also cannot see what is happening.

I never had that, however, when I get out of the car, I start running, and Jason catches me anyway, because for him, I stayed in front of the car, without moving

48 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I disagree but it probably is a bigger issue for some than others. I am usually very strategic when it comes to escapes. If one of my friends is trying to escape with the car, I make sure I am by the phone fuse at the same time, and I purposely mess up to draw Jason away. We try to do objectives simultaneously so I guess I don't encounter this issue as often.

I use that strategy all the time as well. Please don't assume that others (myself) don't strategize at the level as you. I'm not trying to attack you, you are clearly a smart player, but some of us complain about the rubber band glitch because we are smart players and like to try different strategies. We have played for so long and tried so many things (like you) that we want as much choice as possible and the glitch negates that. Some Jasons are good enough that they can stop multi-objectives if they have rage.

Here is another scenario: You know people have the fuse, have no knives to disarm a trap, and are not strong enough players to get the call off against a really good Jason. You are across the map repairing the car. The car is in a tough spot and a good jason teleport will make it extremely tough to maneuver around him... and you need to buy the other players as much time as possible. So, you start the car to lure him to you and burn his morph, but you have no intention of driving. When jason shows up you get out and heroically juke and battle him for as long as possible, keeping him pinned down while the others repair the fuse. Guess what? This is no longer an option for you because of the rubber band glitch.

Certain death is not the problem. That is annoying but driving is always a risk and death is a part of the game. The irritating aspect is that many organic scenarios that can occur in a match are nullified if you know you will rubber band every time. 

Imagine if every time you entered jasons shack you could not leave the back room but your screen still showed you running around everywhere. Sure, you could still pull off some Jason kills, but it would be pretty damn irritating and severely limit your options, and limit the circumstances in which you might want to grab the sweater for whatever reason. Any glitch that takes away a players choice and forces them to spend an entire match in a tiny cone radius is absurd. 

1 minute ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I do that all the time as well. Again, please don't assume that others (myself) don't strategize at the level as you. I'm not trying to attack you, you are clearly a smart player, but some of us complain about the rubber band glitch because we are smart players and like to try different strategies. We have played for so long and tried so many things (like you) that we want as much choice as possible and the glitch negates that. Some Jasons are good enough that they can stop multi-objectives if they have rage.

Here is another scenario: You know people have the fuse, have no knives to disarm a trap, and are not strong enough players to get the call off against a really good Jason. You are across the map repairing the car. The car is in a tough spot and a good jason teleport will make it extremely tough to maneuver around him... and you need to buy the other players as much time as possible. So, you start the car to lure him there with no intention of driving, knowing that when jason shows up you will juke and battle him for as long as possible, keeping him pinned down while the others repair the fuse. Guess what? This is no longer an option for you because of the rubber band glitch. It's not certain death that is the problem. That is annoying but driving is always a risk. The irritating aspect is that many organic scenarios that can occur in a match are nullified if you know you will rubber band every time. 

Imagine if every time you got the sweater you could not leave jasons shack but your screen still showed you running around everywhere. Sure, you could still pull off some Jason kills, but it would be pretty damn irritating and severely limit your options, and the circumstances in which you might want to grab the sweater for whatever reason. Any glitch that takes away a players choice and forces them to spend an entire match in a tiny cone radius is absurd. 

I don't assume anything. All I am saying is I don't have this issue and I don't consider it game breaking.

"Here is another scenario: You know people have the fuse, have no knives to disarm a trap, and are not strong enough players to get the call off against a really good Jason."

I don't see this as an issue either. I run with medic and hydro, and tanking traps is one of the first things I do regardless if I have the part or not. 

20 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Xbox can do that too. But for controller users on PC (weirdos), I guess the option should be there.

Fact is, key rebinding is a pretty basic feature. Or at least different control option sets.

Hey, this game works awesome with a controller!

1 minute ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I do that all the time as well. Again, please don't assume that others (myself) don't strategize at the level as you. I'm not trying to attack you, you are clearly a smart player, but some of us complain about the rubber band glitch because we are smart players and like to try different strategies. We have played for so long and tried so many things (like you) that we want as much choice as possible and the glitch negates that. Some Jasons are good enough that they can stop multi-objectives if they have rage.

Here is another scenario: You know people have the fuse, have no knives to disarm a trap, and are not strong enough players to get the call off against a really good Jason. You are across the map repairing the car. The car is in a tough spot and a good jason teleport will make it extremely tough to maneuver around him... and you need to buy the other players as much time as possible. So, you start the car to lure him there with no intention of driving, knowing that when jason shows up you will juke and battle him for as long as possible, keeping him pinned down while the others repair the fuse. Guess what? This is no longer an option for you because of the rubber band glitch. It's not certain death that is the problem. That is annoying but driving is always a risk. The irritating aspect is that many organic scenarios that can occur in a match are nullified if you know you will rubber band every time. 

Imagine if every time you got the sweater you could not leave jasons shack but your screen still showed you running around everywhere. Sure, you could still pull off some Jason kills, but it would be pretty damn irritating and severely limit your options, and the circumstances in which you might want to grab the sweater for whatever reason. Any glitch that takes away a players choice and forces them to spend an entire match in a tiny cone radius is absurd. 

Man you are reaching that's a lot of shoulda coulda wouldas

• Like 1

I have noticed a good number of posts about more detailed bugs in which some If I remember correctly from previous Unreal Engine patch notes on the actual engine itself were due to the engine by design. I think it is safe to say that a good portion of the bugs not listed in the patch notes as a result of being resolved automatically by going to a newer version of Unreal Engine would explain why there isn't an explicit break down of every bug that may have been experienced in-game such as rubber-banding for example.

57 minutes ago, Floridant said:

I don't undertstand the problem ... (i"m french)

Can you explain me please ?

Sometimes when the driver gets out and runs away, Jason still sees the player standing next to the car (instead of running). If Jason then grabs them, they sort of teleport back to the car into his grasp.

Parfois, quand le conducteur sort et s'enfuit, Jason voit toujours le joueur debout à côté de la voiture (au lieu de courir). Si Jason les attrape, ils se téléportent en arrière vers la voiture.

(google translate isn't the best, hopefully you understand what I was saying...)

Looking forward to this update. Not sure what bugs will be fixed, but it's always a welcome addition, and according to the devs having a game engine update means having dedicated servers can finally become a reality.

Nothing but good things from here on out for us console players.

30 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Man you are reaching that's a lot of shoulda coulda wouldas

That is the entire point... coulda shoulda wouldas. Haha. This game isn't black and white. There are hundreds of scenarios that come up when you play often. The glitch affects many of those scenarios. You might only use the car to drive out because you see it as black and white but others play differently.  The point is that the glitch limits player choice and can affect hundreds of scenarios that can and do happen when people play. This game isn't meant to be an on rails experience. 

I'm not trying to tell you how to play or what to do, I am simply stating that it is ignorant to belittle others for being upset about a glitch that affects them far more than it affects you, especially when you aren't experiencing that glitch every time yourself. Don't tell others what If it's meant to be in the game then more power to you to tell people to get good or whatever you want to say.

Try looking at things from the perspectives of others. It's a wonderful skill.

27 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I don't assume anything. All I am saying is I don't have this issue and I don't consider it game breaking.

"Here is another scenario: You know people have the fuse, have no knives to disarm a trap, and are not strong enough players to get the call off against a really good Jason."

I don't see this as an issue either. I run with medic and hydro, and tanking traps is one of the first things I do regardless if I have the part or not. 

It is game breaking. It’s complete bullshit that counselors die when they RUN AWAY from the car and Jason has a literal Darth Vader grab when they are about 40 feet from the car. I experience this issue ALL the time when I drive which is why I don’t like driving anymore. Honestly this invincibility frame may give you enough time to get out of the car, go into combat stance and stun Jason. Which would be nice seeing how there have been sooooo many times where I have died while not close to the car or boat.

• Like 1

Dead by Daylight is having a free to play weekend on Steam. Talk about stealing your thunder, huh? After people get done with the single player challenges and realize that the multiplayer has been neglected, guess where they'll go?

Just now, gyaaft said:

Dead by Daylight is having a free to play weekend on Steam. Talk about stealing your thunder, huh? After people get done with the single player challenges and realize that the multiplayer has been neglected, guess where they'll go?

New players, perhaps. But those who've been playing FF13th for this entire time will still likely just stay here. Not saying DbD is a bad game, it's just not everyone's cup of tea.

Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

It is game breaking. It’s complete bullshit that counselors die when they RUN AWAY from the car and Jason has a literal Darth Vader grab when they are about 40 feet from the car. I experience this issue ALL the time when I drive which is why I don’t like driving anymore. Honestly this invincibility frame may give you enough time to get out of the car, go into combat stance and stun Jason. Which would be nice seeing how there have been sooooo many times where I have died while not close to the car or boat.

We just have different definitions of game breaking. To me, game breaking means when you put the game into your system it is unplayable. This situation doesn't break the game. It makes one mean of escape more difficult, but no one uses the car to escape every match. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Hmm dbd says f13 isn't competition yet they drop a teaser trailer today and are having a free weekend....seems dbd Is a lil more shook then theyd like us to believe

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Please reread my post. In my example, I was not at the phone fuse with the new players. The trap at the phone fuse was not even the problem. I was at the car, using the start up sound as a distraction to lure Jason to the car so that I could get out and distract him. I needed to pull him from the others and take up his time so that his morph would be unavailable to him when the others took the trap at the phone box, and since there were no traps at the car there was no way for me to get his attention other than getting in and starting the car (using the engine start up noise as a trick to lure him), and then getting out to fight him when he showed up. Hypo and Medic do not help with the rubber band glitch in that situation (I run with them as well).

What I'm saying is, if I ever want to distract Jason by starting up the car, I can't anymore. If I ever want to start the car without driving it, I can't anymore. These are scenarios that come up for me often and I'm the one who experiences the glitch every time, which is why I consider it game breaking. It's not up to you to consider it game breaking because you don't experience it every time as I do. 

Edit: and no, it isn't game-breaking technically but it is "match-breaking", as in it is a glitch that actually changes what people see on their screen and makes it so that they can only travel within a three step box. That is pretty damn "broken", but I do respect our different definitions. That's fair enough.

When you play the game as often as I did, you're going to start to think outside the box more and want to use the car for other purposes beyond just driving strait to the exit. When that happens, the glitch severely affects the game. Until then, good luck with your escapes.

3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

F13 would be smart to do 50% off sale this weekend too. I have a ton of friends waiting to buy it on pc. Lets up the player base please!

• Like 1

???????????????????????????
?  Can't wait for the update! Thank you for the hard work and effort  ?
???????????????????????????

1 minute ago, uberXJoshua said:

Hmm dbd says f13 isn't competition yet they drop a teaser trailer today and are having a free weekend....seems dbd Is a lil more shook then theyd like us to believe

Please, they're not shook at all. Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners. It's pretty obvious who's winning right now.

• Like 1

Just now, CPLhicks31 said:

You clearly didn't read my post. In my example, I was not at the phone fuse with the new players. The trap at the phone fuse was not even the problem. I was at the car, using the start up sound as a distraction to lure Jason to the car so that I could get out and distract him. I needed to pull him from the others and take up his time, and since there were no traps at the car there was no way to get his attention other than getting in and starting the car, and then getting out to fight him when he showed up. Hypo and Medic do not help with the rubber band glitch in that situation (I run with them as well).

What I'm saying is, if I ever want to distract Jason by starting up the car, I can't anymore. If I ever want to start the car without driving it, I can't anymore. These are scenarios that come up for me often and I'm the one who experiences the glitch every time, which is why I consider it game breaking. It's not up to you to consider it game breaking because you don't experience it every time as I do. 

It's not up to anyone who post on the forum if it's game breaking or not. Clearly the developers know it's an issue related to latency, and have decided to give a short window of invincibility in the short term, and using dedicated servers in the long term. Again, it's an annoying issue, but not consider game breaking by the developers. 

40 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I use that strategy all the time as well. Please don't assume that others (myself) don't strategize at the level as you. I'm not trying to attack you, you are clearly a smart player, but some of us complain about the rubber band glitch because we are smart players and like to try different strategies. We have played for so long and tried so many things (like you) that we want as much choice as possible and the glitch negates that. Some Jasons are good enough that they can stop multi-objectives if they have rage.

Here is another scenario: You know people have the fuse, have no knives to disarm a trap, and are not strong enough players to get the call off against a really good Jason. You are across the map repairing the car. The car is in a tough spot and a good jason teleport will make it extremely tough to maneuver around him... and you need to buy the other players as much time as possible. So, you start the car to lure him to you and burn his morph, but you have no intention of driving. When jason shows up you get out and heroically juke and battle him for as long as possible, keeping him pinned down while the others repair the fuse. Guess what? This is no longer an option for you because of the rubber band glitch.

Certain death is not the problem. That is annoying but driving is always a risk and death is a part of the game. The irritating aspect is that many organic scenarios that can occur in a match are nullified if you know you will rubber band every time. 

Imagine if every time you entered jasons shack you could not leave the back room but your screen still showed you running around everywhere. Sure, you could still pull off some Jason kills, but it would be pretty damn irritating and severely limit your options, and limit the circumstances in which you might want to grab the sweater for whatever reason. Any glitch that takes away a players choice and forces them to spend an entire match in a tiny cone radius is absurd. 

Ok , man thanks!

I am still confused....I can´t really think clear because of the Hype.

F13 would be smart to do 50% off sale this weekend too. I have a ton of friends waiting to buy it on pc. Lets up the player base please!

@badassgixxer05 , I WOULD SHIT MY FUCKING PANTS , IF THEY WOULD DO THAT! LET´S FUCKING UP THE FREAKIN´ PLAYERBAAAAAASE!

Oh , sorry man , The Hype just kills me!