Anyway, I don't know why anyone should be caring so much about dedicated servers, rubberbanding or combat. 

It would be nice for the end of this ride to be smooth, but I think our best miles are way behind us. 

So suffer through these glitches and hacks and expliots with a smile, while thinking about to those first couple of weeks of getting into this game. And as the sun sets slowly on Crystal Lake, reassuringly whisper to yourself, "Thank God they got the SP Challenges and Bots outs!"

Fantastic update, I am surprised though that one major glitch doesn't seem to have been fixed. I am pretty sure this must have been mentioned numerous times. It's the car door spawning next to the tree, sometimes you can't get in the car. Any update on this?

5 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

What time are they releasing it ?

Mid to late afternoon (Eastern) apparently.

I'll try the SP challenges, but. Thats about it.

I don't care for anything else in this patch, except for the SP challenges and maybe weapon swapping.

Anybody wanna bet $5000 that all 3 platforms get the update tomorrow?

It's $100,000 if you wanna go with all 3 platforms getting it at 4pm EST/ 1pm PST!

Jesus, so much doom and gloom in this thread and the update hasn't even dropped yet.

How's about we give it a few more hours before we string up the nooses huh fellas? 

I mean shit....we've waited this long.

• Thanks 2

Just now, R.J MacReady said:

Jesus, so much doom and gloom in this thread and the update hasn't even dropped yet.

How's about we give it a few more hours before we string up the nooses huh fellas? 

I mean shit....we've waited this long.

I was pretty excited about the update release date, and, after reading the patch notes, I was pretty satisfied with the information provided regarding other small tweaks we can expect.  This update isn't going to "fix" everything at one time (which they stated a long time ago), but I was surprised to see the "doom and gloom" here that you mentioned.   I'm pretty hyped, excited, and optimistic about this update.   Now that the engine upgrade is out of the way, I'm pretty satisfied with the listed changes and progress and hopeful for the game improving; I believe more patches and other updates will start to come on a more regular basis.  

25 minutes ago, Matt23leo said:

I believe more patches and other updates will start to come on a more regular basis.  

Maybe, maybe not. Game might turn into abandonware even sometime this year, except for maybe dedicated servers if they go ahead. And that would only be for pushing the next game they want to do (which is probably the real motive for dedicated). After this I expect Uber and Grendel for the final hoorah. Enjoy the game while you can, it’s on its last legs already.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

There’s is now no excuse to ever let more than one person escape when you’re Jason....Now we can’t even duck your swing lmao .they probably gave him more of an invisibility frame during rage when he burst through the door .

Also congrats ...the devs heard your plea for help at getting smacked at the door .

Waa waa

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Jesus H. Christ!!!, so much doom and gloom in this thread.....

I'm kidding. Honestly, even with all the brokenness (which was never really that bad),  I'm overall satisfied and grateful as a Jason fan and as a horror fan in general for this game.

I would love it if tomorrow's update shocks this game back to life. A lot of people come back. The devs start cranking out patches on a frequent basis. The numbers start growing. They ditch Easy Anti Cheeks and replace it with Battleye. The game averages a healthy 5000+ players a day on Steam.   

But it's hard to believe that could happen. People have been leaving in droves since the 3rd month after release. It's getting down to a trickle now.

I hope I'm wrong, though. I hope the update turns things around. 

But even if multiplayer dies, I'm good with what they've done the Bots and I know I'm gonna like SP Challenges.

This is a game that I know I will pick up every here and there for years to come. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Enjoy the game while you can, it’s on its last legs already.

To each their own.  I just don't see it that way at all.  Even with all the bugs, I still have a blast playing this game after all these months.  With this upgrade and possible future alterations, I can see this game being even more successful than when it first released.  I guess only time will tell, though.  

7 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'm kidding. Honestly, even with all the brokenness (which was never really that bad),  I'm overall satisfied and grateful as a Jason fan and as a horror fan in general for this game.

I would love it if tomorrow's update shocks this game back to life. A lot of people come back. The devs start cranking out patches on a frequent basis. The numbers start growing. They ditch Easy Anti Cheeks and replace it with Battleye. The game averages a healthy 5000+ players a day on Steam.   

But it's hard to believe that could happen. People have been leaving in droves since the 3rd month after release. It's getting down to a trickle now.

I hope I'm wrong, though. I hope the update turns things around. 

But even if multiplayer dies, I'm good with what they've done the Bots and I know I'm gonna like SP Challenges.

This is a game that I know I will pick up every here and there for years to come. 

I feel ya, and share pretty much the same sentiment when it comes to this game's existence. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware that this is probably Gun's last chance to stop the sinking ship. I'd say by the end of this weekend we'll know better if this long awaited (too long I know) update helped saved the game, or accelerated its doom.

10 hours ago, tjohnnyblue said:

Good question, I don't even think she pulls the motor cord anymore.

Right. Since the Roy patch I believe that and the car starting animation went away for some reason.

14 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

There’s is now no excuse to ever let more than one person escape when you’re Jason....Now we can’t even duck your swing lmao .they probably gave him more of an invisibility frame during rage when he burst through the door .

Also congrats ...the devs heard your plea for help at getting smacked at the door .

Right, "being Jason is too hard, he should be so OP we can sleep kill a lobby"... worked great in the movies, horrible rework for a game meant to be fun for 7 people. Oh well, we'll adapt as counselors and Jason's and those who refuse to get better will have to cry foul again ?

That came off rude, I apologize but I just don't see why people don't embrace the challenge and get better and think outside the box. Only the jason that gets skunked complains... just practice and HAVE FUN nobody cares if you get a 1/7 match, and the hecklers are just trolls. 

Fixed a bug where if a Counselor starts calling the police and steps into a Bear Trap at the same time, the phone would continue to fly around like a spooky ghost while the Counselor attempts to escape the Bear Trap

‘Spooky ghost’

?

5 minutes ago, daveliam said:

Fixed a bug where if a Counselor starts calling the police and steps into a Bear Trap at the same time, the phone would continue to fly around like a spooky ghost while the Counselor attempts to escape the Bear Trap

‘Spooky ghost’

?

I caught that too.  Hilarious!

I'm glad the devs have a sense of humor...the game is not perfect, but we're getting a cool huge update, and I wish the "doom and gloomers" would lighten up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Victoria Has Truly Made Me Moist.

I am also excited for Victoria too, although your level of excitement seems higher. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

I'm someone who's been in tournaments with amazing Jasons. Their block is crazy good and is what gets them the win. It always make me laugh when people whine about stun, when Jason has an ability that negates any form of stun from a melee weapon 90% of the time. 

I'm in the same boat... I do NOT understand all the whining about Jason not being OP enough. A good jason will adapt... starting to feel like a lot of these people will end up in the salt mines anyway... they're probably many of the "spawn quitters" you see that quit when they aren't Jason. I just don't get it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I am also excited for Victoria too, although your level of excitement seems higher. 

Hehe

13 hours ago, guitar.zombie said:

Nice!  PS Im sick of hearing about this stupid rubberbanding already.  Doesn't anyone read?  At level 108 it's happened to me exactly twice.

Yeah , I am Level 130 and it never happened to me. And honestly , I think the counselor should die if he got caught. Like , why should there be no risk?

I just hope , if you are set on random , that the bloody Skins and all that now work properly.....I hope that for @Truth....It still hurts.

I think I should stop the reading the comments on what the devs post.....like what the actual fuck you can read here...

Ok let´s start:

Gun should hire me but I am too good for them!....... That is Chad in fucking real life.

COUNSELORZ GET NERFZ , JASON TOO OP!

Y´all crybabies!

This Game got no Players , everybody switched Dbd!lololo

Another Horror game is coming out , this game will die!

Devs are full of shit and are pretty Little liars!

Door combat gets removed because Jason Players are too stupid to break the doors down in an unintended way!

This Game is shit! Jason deserved better! This Game is an embarassment for Horror!

Like holy fucking moly! Give them a break! Man , did your parents never taught you to say thanks? THIS JUST MAKES ME FUCKING ANGRY TO READ THAT SHIT!

.....ok.... now to my opinion.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

I AM FREAKING EXCITEEEEEED!

I wonder though , how These invincibility Frames are going to work out.

Oh man , I love the devs.

ooooh Baby this update makes me happy!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, daveliam said:

‘Spooky ghost’

I was a "spooky ghost" yesterday Jason killed me but I did not die I ran him around the gravestones on Higgins while saying I'm a ghost and eventually let him lay me out on the graveyard fence. 

18 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

I didn't even know this was a thing. And this level of trolling is kinda impressive. I'm glad I'll never experience it.

I thought the same thing.. ?

17 hours ago, SILENTCADE said:

Still haven’t fixed the packanack glitch I reported several times over last six months.  If a counselor crouches and puts there nose in the corner of the chimney outside then the entire cabin will glow red on Jason’s sense ability making him think someone is inside , I always check the chimney first before going in but still it probably needs fixed so those poor new players don’t waste time tearing the cabin up from top to bottom lol.

This is at the main house? There is a shit ton of places to check in there too if so.. pretty cheap glitch and time waster for everyone.. good to know. Thanks!