6 hours ago, Presto709 said:

Hey guys. Just wanna say I’ve been playing since day 1 and love this game. I dont know if anyone else is having this issue but it has to do with the infraction system/salt mines or the penalty for quitting while host or as jason or as a councillor or while being killed etc. Im on xbox. But when im hosting in quick search or private match ( i always try to host because i will never quit a game for any reason until were back to the lobby). But when im hosting, my game will crash to the dashboard when i get picked as jason for the second time EVERY SINGLE TIME i get picked as jason more than once. Like as soon as I see my jason is selected at the load screen where he kills the guy in the black shirt. As soon as the match starts I crash to dashboard. And I always get ppl messaging me saying I’m a quitter when it’s the game. I also randomly crash to dashboard when playing as a councilor when im hosting. Sometimes completely random but mostly when turning on a radio, opening a door or drawer or when driving the car. And its been like this for months and months. Just so u can get an idea if how often this happens I’ll say that I am max level and have been forever and im still not even close to half way for the achievement of playing 500 matches as jason. I think I have like 200 matches. Sorry for the long paragraph but what I’m getting at is will these issues be fixed? And if not then how are you able to tell if I crash to dashboard or if I quit (which I will never, ever do). I don’t want to have penalties for my game crashing and be put in crappy lobbies. 

Thanks

Salt mines have a timer and I have the same issue on XB1.. BUT it only happens like once per couple of hours so it really should effect you.

The farm pitchfork appeared in the game trailer, i think will be available in future updates

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, i-cold said:

The farm pitchfork appeared in the game trailer, i think will be available in future updates

That won't happen because they want everything to do with Savini to be exclusive, including kills.

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

That won't happen because they want everything to do with Savini to be exclusive, including kills.

Then add pitchfork + kill pack for said pitchfork.

Problem solved.

Then Savini could also use those new kills, effectively giving "Savini" a kill pack without releasing an exclusive one no one else would be able to get.

(Gun really should hire me. They couldn't afford me, though. ;) )

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Then add pitchfork + kill pack for said pitchfork.

Problem solved.

Then Savini could also use those new kills, effectively giving "Savini" a kill pack without releasing an exclusive one no one else would be able to get.

(Gun really should hire me. They couldn't afford me, though. ;) )

That could indeed work. But these devs don't even seem to want to monetize the game. There hasn't been a paid DLC since December, and sales are rare even though nobody is buying a game like this at $40.

13 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

How does that work? Do you mean that when Jason enters shift just before they use the sweater it wastes it, or that you can kick Jason out of shift with the sweater?

As Jason, I would always shift right before she uses the sweater on XB1 and they would be super mad LOL

12 hours ago, Nougat said:

And I have reached level 150 on 3 seperate accounts and it has only happened to me 4 or 5 times. Our personal experiences with the glitch doesn't make it any less of gamebreaking glitch.

It also directly ties into two other glitches. One where the counselor affected by rubber banding gets extra pocket knives, and the other being a teleportation glitch that sends you under the map.

Do you ever go outside or just a liar?

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

That doesn't happen. The original three maps can have two cars, one with four seats and one with two seats, or it can have one car with four seats and a boat. The small maps always have two cars, one with four seats and the other with two seats, and can never have a boat. The Jarvis House and Pinehurst will always have one car and a boat, and are the only maps to always have a boat every single time. But the car isn't guaranteed to be a four seater, so you could get a two-seat car and a boat.

The devs said it was a bug many an age ago, but never fixed it and it happens on Pinehurst as well. So they may have decided to keep doing it on all future maps, or they just didn't care to fix it and whatever buggy code resulted in it happening on Jarvis House was also used in the creation of Pinehurst.

and thats what make jarvis and pinehurst better than original 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Synner said:

Still so many issues not fixed. Bummer... Hopefully, some more are fixed before August. You will Lose Loads of players to A better game. HIDE OR DIE 

Not if its just on PC

3 minutes ago, LeDunk 6 said:

Not if its just on PC

You're right.

Consoles players have already switched to DbD.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You're right.

Never played that game.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You're right.

Have they? I don't think consoles track player numbers so we can't directly compare them. But I know F13 outsold DbD by a wide margin on consoles last year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Wes stated that that is an issue that will be fixed when dedicated servers are in place. It is an issue tied to the current host connection system

Then why does it happen on PC?

29 minutes ago, Ambiguously gay batman said:

In dealing with the salt mines, what if the game or someone's pc crashes? As that can not be avoidable. Just curious how that works. 

You'd get salt, but you'd need to get a certain amount of salt to get sent to the mines and salt will disappear over time. The real threat is not crashes, it's exploiters and hackers realizing that you can't leave without being punished and deciding to play and cheat even more so that they can hold as many people hostage as possible.

There's nothing about ban people that uses Uber Jason and Savini.dll?

Back when that started, they actually gave advice on how to unfuck your game if their failed attempt to remove Uber Jason screwed up the cheater's game in any way. No bans will happen, at least not for Uber Jason.

1 hour ago, LeDunk 6 said:

Do you ever go outside or just a liar?

Lying about what? Those glitches? The extra pocket knife one is well known. The other one is less common but possible. I remember seeing a video on it. I'll find the link and post it. 

26 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You'd get salt, but you'd need to get a certain amount of salt to get sent to the mines and salt will disappear over time. The real threat is not crashes, it's exploiters and hackers realizing that you can't leave without being punished and deciding to play and cheat even more so that they can hold as many people hostage as possible.

Well you can still suicide as counselor, then quit the game. Easy solution for it (unless you get aim blocked into a room or something). Prepare to see a lot of suicides as this will be the way people start leaving games now, with no salt earned.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Well you can still suicide as counselor, then quit the game. Easy solution for it (unless you get aim blocked into a room or something). Prepare to see a lot of suicides as this will be the way people start leaving games now, with no salt earned.

Yeah, as I said in another thread I doubt the devs have the foresight to see that coming even though everyone else immediately thought of it. But most of the exploiting takes the form of counselors bullying Jason with cheats, not counselors screwing with other counselors or Jasons screwing with counselors. And Jason can't commit suicide.

I’m just worried if I lose my connection and get kicked out of the match, that I will earn salt too. That’s what I’m worried about 

2 minutes ago, KillaKyle2294 said:

I’m just worried if I lose my connection and get kicked out of the match, that I will earn salt too. That’s what I’m worried about 

You will, but does that happen a lot? Excluding hosts quitting if you're on console?

10 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Just FYI I've tested and confirmed that Roy's shift distance/duration is shorter than a standard shift duration. Hope that is fixed.

It should be like that remember he's human and an imposter after all his shift should be the weakest.

One more thing why did the devs decide to blockade the graveyards so cars can't get through? Was there some sorta problem we didn't know about? I personally don't see anything wrong with cars taking a detour through the cemeteries.

37 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

It should be like that remember he's human and an imposter after all his shift should be the weakest.

Roy teleported. He appeared in the house with Pam and Reggie, they ran away, then he appeared in front of them at the ambulance.

Besides, there shouldn't be weird non-standardized strengths and weaknesses. Any Jason with +Can Run runs at the same speed, +Water Speed is the same for every Jason, +Weapon Strength inflicts the same damage no matter the Jason that has it, etc. The strengths and weaknesses should be standardized rather than be all over the place.

34 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

One more thing why did the devs decide to blockade the graveyards so cars can't get through? Was there some sorta problem we didn't know about? I personally don't see anything wrong with cars taking a detour through the cemeteries.

I imagine it's just the graveyards on the small maps that have fences. Cars could block off the cemetery and Jason wouldn't be able to get in. I hope we still get to drive through cemeteries that have more than one exit. I'd hate to be driving at the Higgins large cemetery and then crash on an invisible wall.

Man I cannot wait for the update! I do hope they tweaked things a bit so it's not so dark with the new engine, though. I realize they want more suspense,  but i'd like to actually see what' going on. 

11 hours ago, SILENTCADE said:

Still haven’t fixed the packanack glitch I reported several times over last six months.  If a counselor crouches and puts there nose in the corner of the chimney outside then the entire cabin will glow red on Jason’s sense ability making him think someone is inside , I always check the chimney first before going in but still it probably needs fixed so those poor new players don’t waste time tearing the cabin up from top to bottom lol.

thats why if im jason on pacanack i always put a trap there

58 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I imagine it's just the graveyards on the small maps that have fences. Cars could block off the cemetery and Jason wouldn't be able to get in. I hope we still get to drive through cemeteries that have more than one exit. I'd hate to be driving at the Higgins large cemetery and then crash on an invisible wall.

Which is what will most likely happen. They love their invisible walls. Which may affect you when you’re not driving either, like the invisible walls at cabins do. Ever since I posted that video I found a whole bunch more of them, it’s disgusting.