Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Do you expect any more information today?

@Alkavian I'm looking forward to pretty much all of it really. Granted some things less then others. I'm eager to see what bug fixes they've made as well.

55 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Alkavian I'm looking forward to pretty much all of it really. Granted some things less then others. I'm eager to see what bug fixes they've made as well.

They had said some issues couldn't be fixed without an engine upgrade. I'm interested very much on what they tackled. All the other stuff is fine, but show me the polish. 

Here's a small list of things that I'll be looking for in the patch.

1. Will people still be rubber-banding back to the car?
  2. Will people still be walking in the sky?
  3. Will Jason still get interaction locked and ability locked while interacting with windows?
  4. Will people still get stuck if they try to enter the car immediately after stepping in a trap?
  5. Will exploiters still be running around stamina free, giving themselves unlimited CP, and using med spray cancels to warp?
  6. Will hit detection still be atrocious?
  7. Will people still be able to slide around while aiming weapons by emote canceling?
  8. Will the car battery still spawn in an inaccessible location on Jarvis House?
  9. Will Jason still have no tools to deal with groups of counselors?
  10. Will people still be stunning Jason after he eats a pocket knife or rages through a door \ wall?
  11. Will people still have glitched clothing for counselors and skins for Jason?
  12. Will Jason X still be appearing in multiplayer matches?
  13. Will people still be dashboarding?
  14. Will Packanack and Higgins Haven Small still crash when selected in a private match?
  15. Will Offline bots still not function while offline?
  16. Will morphing to the exit bridge on Jarvis House still put Jason in the water?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Patch notes are a basic standard. I don´t hope they come, they have to come. How to do a patch 101: Release patch notes with the update. On all fkng plattforms at the same time. Not that hard, simple copy/paste.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Patch notes are a basic standard. I don´t hope they come, they have to come. How to do a patch 101: Release patch notes with the update. On all fkng plattforms at the same time. Not that hard, simple copy/paste.

You mean like they always have...? Calm down man, we'll get them...

Just now, Truth said:

You mean like they always have...? Calm down man, we'll get them...

i just don´t get why it is so impossible to post them with the update. not like hours later. on reedit. that i never visit. last update it was more than a day after the update until we had them in the forum. it´s literally just copy/paste and pressing send/post/save or w/e depending on the platform. Oh yeah and typing one line as topic title. 10 mins of work for one person. not really asked too much, don´t you think?

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

i just don´t get why it is so impossible to post them with the update. not like hours later. on reedit. that i never visit. last update it was more than a day after the update until we had them in the forum. it´s literally just copy/paste and pressing send/post/save or w/e depending on the platform. Oh yeah and typing one line as topic title. 10 mins of work for one person. not really asked too much, don´t you think?

They will come eventually. 

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

They have always posted the patch notes here the same day... Not sure what you're talking about...

I'm almost positive that Wes stated on Twitter recently that they typically release the patch notes the day before the update. That would mean that we can expect them sometime today barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Well I am on Xbox so I'm sure I will get my update mid June. :D

I am looking forward to seeing some things fixed and hopefully this fixes the bug that jas it where I can only buy 29 perks lol.

5 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I'm almost positive that Wes stated on Twitter recently that they typically release the patch notes the day before the update. That would mean that we can expect them sometime today barring any unforeseen circumstances.

that would be nice. F Twitter tough. i hope the offical forum get´s it at the same time. i really don´t see why i need accounts everywhere just to be up to date when it´s just copy/paste for them.

@Truth hmm, i am pretty sure it was the next day. this can be due to timezones tough. fact is it was always after the update. at least a few hours. it´s not that this is superimportnant, but it deceides if i even bother with reinstalling or not. also it´s so freaking easy to post patchnotes that is disgusting to see that some devs aren´t able to do it in time with the update.

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

F Twitter tough

I can agree there. Before they added Shifty I was getting on their ass about it. It always pissed me off that they would post news to twitter, then @AldermachXI or @lHeartBreakerl would make a post here with a link to it. What's the point of having an official forum if they're the last ones to get the news? Thankfully, that has changed.

The timezone might be the issue you're seeing. They're EST, not sure where you are. Can't speaking about the actual timing though. I'm always at work when they push it out, so I only know when I see the notes or somebody posts that it's out.

@gyaaft I don't think you're remembering that correctly. Patch notes have always been released the same day as the update. Info about the update (counselor safety briefing/all the news about this update) may come early, but the actual patch notes (regarding bug fixes/little things) have always been the same day to my knowledge.

• Thanks 2

Here is the link. It's in the comments.

dart penic @0ds5KFfntf6TbfJ
When will the patch notes?

F13_Wes @weskeltner
Replying to @0ds5KFfntf6TbfJ @IllFonic
Usually the day before. Check with @ShiftySamurai and the @Friday13thGame feed.

12:43 AM - 22 May 2018

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

dart penic @0ds5KFfntf6TbfJ
When will the patch notes?

F13_Wes @weskeltner
Replying to @0ds5KFfntf6TbfJ @IllFonic
Usually the day before. Check with @ShiftySamurai and the @Friday13thGame feed.

12:43 AM - 22 May 2018

Never seen it the day before. Maybe that's when they give Shifty the notes, but they've ALWAYS been posted the same day as the update.

12:43 AM, Maybe @wes was just coming home from celebrating after getting cert lol

1 hour ago, gyaaft said:

Will people still be walking in the sky?

I won't lie, as annoying as this I would love to do it at least once. No idea how it's done but I see it quite a bit on Packanack Small.

Also the aim sliding. Just saw that for the first time a few days ago. Thought it was funny. Didn't seem to affect gameplay at all. 

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

So far we've gotten a release date and another XP/CP event. Do you expect anything today?

Holy moly, what's with the lack of patience?

You can't wait one day? You and FrenchFriedPotatoes alone can fill a whole forum with the amount of threads you start. 

Relax a little. Sit back. Quiet the mind. Try some meditation. It does wonders. 

1 hour ago, gyaaft said:

Will people still be rubber-banding back to the car?

Yes. Somebody said that they spoke to one of the devs and they said rubber-banding will not be fixed with this patch. Supposedly it'll come with dedicated servers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Also the aim sliding. Just saw that for the first time a few days ago. Thought it was funny. Didn't seem to affect gameplay at all. 

When you take 500 issues that "don't affect gameplay at all" and put them all together you get a very unpolished game. Everything from getting stuck on 3 inch rocks to healing yourself when you were trying to heal an injured teammate. It all adds up resulting in player frustration and a less than enjoyable experience. 

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Somebody said that they spoke to one of the devs and they said rubber-banding will not be fixed with this patch. Supposedly it'll come with dedicated servers.

Wow. You just crushed all of my optimism in one swift blow. Thanks for that!

7 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Everything from getting stuck on 3 inch rocks

Lmfao I don't think I've noticed any comments on that before. Oh man that's rich. 

Jason's on your ass, you book it around a cabin corner and just stop dead shouting at the screen - "Fuckin' MOVE!" as you turn frantically trying to get unhinged from whatever miniscule object is blocking your path.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that.

They need to go through and remove the colliders from that stuff. Haven't been inside Unreal for a while but I'd assume it's as easy as searching the object name, selecting all of them, and just removing the collision. It's like that in Unity and Unreal is a better engine IMO.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

What's the point of having an official forum if they're the last ones to get the news? Thankfully, that has changed.

That was all Ben. He had the crazy notion that forums were archaic(his exact word) and Twitter, Reddit et all was the new beez neez. Even thought this is the Official forum for the company. :rolleyes:

I'm glad Shifty was hired. He's been a vast improvement as community manager.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

That was all Ben. He had the crazy notion that forums were archaic(his exact word) and Twitter, Reddit et all was the new beez neez. Even thought this is the Official forum for the company. :rolleyes:

I'm glad Shifty was hired. He's been a vast improvement as community manager.

What happened to Ben by the way? They never mentioned him again after they hired Shifty.

6 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

What happened to Ben by the way? They never mentioned him again after they hired Shifty.

He still moderates. He just posted a response to another thread a few minutes ago.

2 hours ago, gyaaft said:

I could see a handful of this stuff like interaction locking being fixed, but I doubt more than 2 or 3 of these points will be fixed.