Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Do you expect any more information today?

So far we've gotten a release date and another XP/CP event. Do you expect anything today?

- More content News

- Patch Notes

?

I don't think were gonna get the patch notes until just before the update goes live and its because they know at least half the playerbase could care less about the content and only care about balance (they admitted awhile back (though who knows now) this wasn't a balance patch too) changes, fixes, etc. So I think the patch notes will be kept quiet until launch, so the potential (and expected by the jaded folk like me and others) disappointment will be minimized and they can maximize the hype until the last possible second.

So if anything drops, I expect its going to be content related. They might just do nothing for today though obviously.

I hope we get some beta additions. We got the scream that was in the beta and the blood that splatters everywhere if you were hit.

I'm hoping for weapon-wielding animations. Those were really cool, and now it just looks like Deb can run freely with an axe.

6 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

I would say no. The only thing I can think of would be what time the update will come out. 

We won't be getting a specific time:

18 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Update times aren't always set in stone, which is why we don't give specifics. It could be earlier, it could be later. We'll be waiting just like everyone else.

• Like 1

Yes. They're in "victory lap" mode for this update, they've never passed on an opportunity to bask in that.

31 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

So far we've gotten a release date and another XP/CP event.

Does anyone have a link to this news?

You would think we'd get patch notes. There's alot of stuff in this update, and it's hard to remember it all. Plus one would think they'd want to mention bug fixes.

A Save Crystal Lake plan, things that will be introduced to increase player counts, rewards that incentives teamwork, and an update on future plans. This is definitely expecting to much though. 

That's possible @Slasher_Clone but I think they'll want to keep the focus on the update until after it goes live. They might keep the Thursday news thing going and lay out some of that stuff next week.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

A Save Crystal Lake plan, things that will be introduced to increase player counts, rewards that incentives teamwork, and an update on future plans. This is definitely expecting to much though. 

#SaveCrystalLake has to be a cheeky wink to the player count dying off. 

Right?

They couldn't possibly come up with that and expect people not to make that connection.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Maybe patch notes and a PJ dlc announcement.

Ya the optimist in me tells me there is still something left. Happy for the patch as is, finally, but wouldn't be surprised if there was something else in it either

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

That's possible @Slasher_Clone but I think they'll want to keep the focus on the update until after it goes live. They might keep the Thursday news thing going and lay out some of that stuff next week.

Your right the focus should stay on the update this week.... I hope your right about it being possible next week.

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

#SaveCrystalLake has to be a cheeky wink to the player count dying off. 

Right?

They couldn't possibly come up with that and expect people not to make that connection.

See I think, they think their being cheeky, but it is a concern that could be talked about and be fixed. I'd like them to at least explain what they think it means, so we're at least on the same page. 

I'm happy with the engine upgrade and the update itself.  Personally, there isn't much more I need to be announced at the moment.  I'm looking forward to reading the patch notes, but I'm sure those on coming soon (today or tomorrow), so, for now, I'm good.  

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

See I think, they think their being cheeky, but it is a concern that could be talked about and be fixed. I'd like them to at least explain what they think it means, so we're at least on the same page. 

They seem to be going with "All the counselors showed up to party,save Crystal Lake Jason!" 

But it's incredibly stupid given how the player count is bleeding. That's just me being an "armchair" game marketer I suppose ?

• Like 1

They could just mean they feel the update will help"save" the game. Though it's not too bad on counsels aside from the rage quits.

12 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Off topic but I get you confused with @Truth all the time lol

Because of the avatar?

53 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You would think we'd get patch notes. There's alot of stuff in this update, and it's hard to remember it all. Plus one would think they'd want to mention bug fixes.

Bug fixes are really the only thing I care about....and Part 7 improvements.

Some patch notes would be nice.

But apart from that, no. I don't think we'll get any news today.

• Like 1