Qcici

Give Jason & Counselors a VHS Filter Option

This isn't anything major, but I thought it would be a cool addition to have in the game. I've noticed that in some trailers like Roy's Trailer and SP Challenges Trailer, there was a little filter that would appear showing glimpses of VHS ticks on there. I thought it would be nice if there could be an option to be able to toggle that feature at your own will. They could also decide to keep the actual colors of the filter the same, or give the filter more of a feeling to the original Friday the 13th movie. That would be so fucking awesome if Gun could do that, it would actually make me feel even more at home with that original movie feeling. I guess this could be an alternative to the request of revamping/improving graphics. (even though the Engine Upgrade did improve graphics in a sense.)

Screen_Shot_2018-05-22_at_10.24.57_PM.pn

Notice how the greys in this picture has that "throwback" feeling to it. 

• Like 2

Screen_Shot_2018-05-22_at_11.09.18_PM_1.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-22_at_11.20.00_PM.pn

This would be sort of an ideal take on the VHS filter. Notice how the 2nd image highlights the greys and the shadows emerge more-- there's some blues present in the greys now. The reds and yellows are also highlighted, which is similar to the original movie. The browns in the image have a slight boost of color. This of course would have to be adjusted since Deborah looks kinda weird lol, but this is just some ideas. 

I honestly think that filter would actually make the game quite scarier. Notice how you can see through the window with ease in the first image, look at the window in the second image. That would be so spooky! I would love this!

• Like 2

Just now, Santi_Lee said:

The atmosphere increases in the second photo, wow. It looks really great.

I think it needs to be slightly adjusted a little because I feel like Deborah doesn't look right in the picture, but you can see how scarier it would make the game, am I right!? 

7 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Honestly no changes needed. I like how its over saturated. This would 100% Improve the games atmosphere.

The saturation is actually kinda too much. The reds in the picture shouldn't be super highlighted like that to the point where it turns Dark Red, it really just needs a bit of toning, but still should remain pretty well saturated for the look. 

Screen_Shot_2018-05-23_at_10.16.01_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2018-05-23_at_10.15.32_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2018-05-23_at_10.17.41_PM.pn

Reds in the pictures had a lighter-tomato appearance, not dark red. So it needs to be adjusted just a little bit. I'm still in love for this filter though. 

You get two hearts, neither are mine, but I like the photos. The idea of adding a VHS filter that can be toggled by the player is a good one. 

Maybe have it be tied to a findable item like eighties sunglasses. When you have the filter equipped they could be tucked in your collar, hanging around your neck or worn to let others know your using a filter. I wouldn't tie specific filters to specific glasses, so new glasses models could be released to be found in the camps. 3D glasses, goggles, aviator style, wrap around mirrored shades, lots of styles to choose from.