Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BigJay

Will we see monthly updates again?

Recommended Posts

With the big engine update being released on Thursday that took the developers almost 4 months to get out, will we get updates on how we used to which was every month there was an update. I really don't want to wait a long stretch like this update has so I hope to see updates released monthly again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say yes we will, most likely. I'm not sure why we wouldn't because the only reason they stopped was because they were busy on the engine update, but now that that's finished, I'm sure they'll go back to doing monthly updates, along with hot fixes if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if they are as 'hell bent' on getting dedicated servers pushed anytime before the calendar year ends for console players. They'll continue to do so, but I expect it'll be bundled with other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’d be great and would go a long way to restore some of the faltering confidence I’ve seen since joining the forums. I haven’t had the game long, but if the engine revamp was stalling other updates (Can’t reconfigure the actors before you rewrite the script, so to speak), then I think it’d be realistic to see some kind of consistent update schedule going forward from that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they turn up the pace of new jasons/counselors to expand the game, maps too obviously but I mean to make it more new content other than stupid dances and stuff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aksana said:

I hope they turn up the pace of new jasons/counselors to expand the game, maps too obviously but I mean to make it more new content other than stupid dances and stuff

I don't know how far into the Jason X content they are, but we know that is relatively soon, and they haven't said retro Jason is off the table so hopefully he is on the way. I'm sure there will be at least a couple more counselors coming. But I think the majority of updates at this point will be bug fixes and paid emotes/clothing packs. Maybe new kills.

Has anyone seen if it has been stated if PhD in murder will be fixed in offline bots? I'm referring to the kills being reset after the round ends. Or is that just how it is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

I don't know how far into the Jason X content they are, but we know that is relatively soon, and they haven't said retro Jason is off the table so hopefully he is on the way. I'm sure there will be at least a couple more counselors coming. But I think the majority of updates at this point will be bug fixes and paid emotes/clothing packs. Maybe new kills.

Has anyone seen if it has been stated if PhD in murder will be fixed in offline bots? I'm referring to the kills being reset after the round ends. Or is that just how it is?

Yea I agree. what I mean is in 1 year we got 4 counselors 2 out of which were made after release (Victoria and fox) and I think if they can keep that up we could get more than 4 the next year? I don't get why they dont just make a contest for people to make counselors and pick 2 winners or do something else to make it go more fan favor like Victoria is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aksana said:

Yea I agree. what I mean is in 1 year we got 4 counselors 2 out of which were made after release (Victoria and fox) and I think if they can keep that up we could get more than 4 the next year? I don't get why they dont just make a contest for people to make counselors and pick 2 winners or do something else to make it go more fan favor like Victoria is

If they left it up to the public they would end up having to put fucking Muffin in the game.

But I don't think they have as much on their plate this year as they have in the last year. Hopefully they have more time to devote to making more worthwhile content such as new counselors/Jasons and maps. Or, dare I say it, Paranoia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

If they left it up to the public they would end up having to put fucking Muffin in the game.

But I don't think they have as much on their plate this year as they have in the last year. Hopefully they have more time to devote to making more worthwhile content such as new counselors/Jasons and maps. Or, dare I say it, Paranoia?

Obviously Muffin wont be in the game, before release I had an idea every counselor could have a 1 time special to use and Tiffanys could be to call muffin who would arrive from ''nowhere'' and drop off an Item like a spray and then run off, and if jason is within close enough to see Muffin she will disappear/take off and not be possible to hurt.

I mean more like people wanted a stoner but they already had one made, people wanted Melissa from long before release and got Victoria.. I simply mean they could get us some good Counselors like Victoria is a better Jenny and I get its HARD to make new counselors without repeating the stats a bit but I cant care less if they even duplicated almost like Jenny/Victoria. 

 

I hope you are right however and that we see new counselors and maps and jasons and HOPEFULLY paranoia

VictoriavsJenny.png

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BigJay

Yes.

We will see monthly updates again every 3 months?

Now that the engine update is completed.

 

They will continue to monitor the game and update as needed based on feed back and bug reports.

Record bugs and upload them to https://www.youtube.com/.

You can share a link to your video with the developers at http://jasonkillsbugs.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm far more interested in bug fixes, balance and the general management of the multiplayer side of the game than I am with content updates. I'd be fine with having to wait 3 months for a new character or map if we were receiving frequent patches in-between. Like Dead by Daylight, which hasn't received any new content since January and won't receive any until sometime in June, but has received multiple updates including a complete overhaul to its ranking system in the mean time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aksana said:

I hope they turn up the pace of new jasons/counselors to expand the game, maps too obviously but I mean to make it more new content other than stupid dances and stuff

Hey now we gonna have a little talk here for one they dances aren't stupid don't you see how well Chad and Tiffany get down and the Chappa don't get me going they can dance besides it's fun to dance may I take your had for one? Peace out love the game and excited here personally!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uberXJoshua said:

The next update after today should have the Grendel map and Uber Jason in it. Also that gideo that leaked a while back of supposedly data mined Grendel map assets that people thought was fake, well I got confirmation it is real!!! Via a tweet from Wes keltner, here is a screenshot

 

https://m.imgur.com/D8RGRsp?r

LOL your post was deleted once. You don't take that as a sign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

The next update after today should have the Grendel map and Uber Jason in it. Also that gideo that leaked a while back of supposedly data mined Grendel map assets that people thought was fake, well I got confirmation it is real!!! Via a tweet from Wes keltner, here is a screenshot

 

https://m.imgur.com/D8RGRsp?r

You know your comments are gonna get deleted and your gonna get sent to the shadow realm right? 

f9e.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, Hell Toupee said:

If they left it up to the public they would end up having to put fucking Muffin in the game.

But I don't think they have as much on their plate this year as they have in the last year. Hopefully they have more time to devote to making more worthwhile content such as new counselors/Jasons and maps. Or, dare I say it, Paranoia?

That'd be nice to see, as for Paranoia I have the oddest feeling it will play out like the Jason Goes to Hell film where the Jason-worm-parasite thingy posseses a counselor and then that counselor becomes the "Jason" of the game but you wouldn't know until they tried to kill you. Will also be cool to see how the objectives play out on the Grendel map as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

That'd be nice to see, as for Paranoia I have the oddest feeling it will play out like the Jason Goes to Hell film where the Jason-worm-parasite thingy posseses a counselor and then that counselor becomes the "Jason" of the game but you wouldn't know until they tried to kill you. Will also be cool to see how the objectives play out on the Grendel map as well.

Actually i don't think so as in the teaser it is mentioned #Who'sFiVe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Actually i don't think so as in the teaser it is mentioned #Who'sFiVe.

That hashtag looks like it's a reference to Part 5, which we have in the game now. But if it means something else, which I'm sure it does, I am clueless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 2:43 AM, Nickypoolicious said:

That'd be nice to see, as for Paranoia I have the oddest feeling it will play out like the Jason Goes to Hell film where the Jason-worm-parasite thingy posseses a counselor and then that counselor becomes the "Jason" of the game but you wouldn't know until they tried to kill you. Will also be cool to see how the objectives play out on the Grendel map as well.

Haha I thought you were going to say it will play out like Jason goes to hell where a lot of people will think it sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the console players want the dedicated servers and yeah they should work on that also but they said for that to be done it's going to still take them until late September or even till October no player is going to want to wait that log to get more clothing dlc, more counselors, more maps, more Jason's, more Jason skins, more kills etc they almost killed the game by making players all players wait for this new engine the content regardless of the bugs and regardless of the servers will have to continue to just keep peoples interest otherwise people are gonna get bored as a lot are now due to such little playing options as far as again clothing goes, maps, Jason's, kills etc. I think with the new salt mines this will help reduce the host quitting until the servers come out but to expect to hold back the ps4 and pc players just for servers alone will def kill the game then what good are servers with no players? Lastly they need to offer paid dlc content to continue to fund their operation and keep things moving in the right direction I am all for free stuff yet I also want more and more content and for that it takes their time, money and efforts so I have no problem throwing a few bucks here and there for dlc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will.  The good news is that Wes has been in here and listening to feedback.  Where it goes from there is up to them, but hopefully it gets this game back on track.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with the hot fix patch coming next week I can see us getting mostly patches then a dlc like the pickaxe for part 2 and maybe a clothing dlc more patches Uber Jason and more dlc if they run out of ideas ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy for Paid DLC for cosmetic stuff and kills.

They need new maps. These new maps could have very different win conditions to the existing maps which would essentially give us other "game modes" without splitting the player base.

Example being the sewers from Part 8. Counselors could try bait Jason into certain areas which can then be flooded with toxic waste by interacting with valves. Risk would be that you'd kill fellow counselors whilst trying to take out Jason.

The SS Lazarus could have different playstyle as well which would change the game up a lot. I think we may be getting a taste of if different objectives work with the Grendel map first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...