MRWood204

Thursday - Single Player or Multiplayer?

Single player all the way.  I have a few things I wanna try out and it will take replaying them a few times each.  

I want to read the patch notes before diving in... hopefully they are released before the patch itself... they may be extensive.
   I will try a game or two of offline bots to see if I can recognize any improvements they have made... Then single player challenges... hopefully, by the time I am done with that, the lobbies full of people trying out Victoria for the first time have died down to at least quadruplets... but I also have to try out Victoria. Can't forget the weapon swapping... have a few different weapons out on part 7 and give him a try with his new tweaks.
   With 650 000 + CP I will have to find a few hours at least to roll for new perks... at some point. Not in a hurry for that though.

SP all the way. I'm done tolerating the general public in this game for now. I'll jump on MP here and there, but for the most part I'll wait until people have cooled down with spamming the new emotes.

I will play multiplayer till I get tired of host/ rage quitters....then switch over to single player challenges when I get tired of that I will give those updated Bots a go...

I quit playing QP permanently a few days after the announcement of the new emotes, so single player exclusively. The only exception being the one night a week where I play private matches for two-three hours with like-minded individuals.

• Thanks 1

I'll play some matches with Victoria, but I really want to unlock all the new emotes, so...

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah I'll be streaming on twitch. Username is the same as on here.

Awesome! Do you have a specific time yet? 

20 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Awesome! Do you have a specific time yet? 

I'm gonna try and stream the moment it's out. 

• Like 1

Both. I'll play spc first and then try out Victoria in multiplayer.

I’ll be playing both. I’m looking forward to checking out the single player, but I just wish the rewards for completing challenges were better. Emotes as rewards doesn’t cut it for me. 

The rewards should’ve been new clothing for counselors, alternate outfits for some of the Jasons, new kills, etc. I wish they would’ve taken a page from HITMAN, where you get new gadgets, weapons, and outfits after completing challenges. That would have been a better approach.

• Thanks 1

I'm almost wondering if the more important question should be - "On Thursday will you be playing one of the systems that received the update or the one that didn't?"

15 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I'm almost wondering if the more important question should be - "On Thursday will you be playing one of the systems that received the update or the one that didn't?"

Like when the PS4 got the VC 2.0 and PC and Xbox had to wait. 

Depends what time the update drops, if it’s early I will start with multiplayer, and wait till the evening to play single player with my girlfriend 

First single to check out new engine and complete 3 challenges, then a round of multiplayer to see how improved it is.

Definitely playing the SP mode. I only play bots, after all. I'll also probably get the lovely scene of seeing my friends all play it and not invite me, like when the last 2.3x XP event.

Offline bots to test the new grab, weapon swap, see Roy's new skin and updated part 7 stats. Plus see if the bots are actually better.

Then try a few rounds of single player. After that, head online and try Victoria and part 7. Then go back and finish single player until I get all completions.

I believe the single player will be forgettable much like how nobody talks about virtual cabin anymore. Once your done, your done with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loading said:

I believe the single player will be forgettable much like how nobody talks about virtual cabin anymore. Once your done, your done with it. 

Yep, total waste of development resources and the game would have been far better off without it. But while it's here you may as well play it. Will probably provide a day or two of entertainment.

I think i'm going to start off with offline mode just to text the bots and Jason weapon swap and new grab then i'm going to do some single player games then some multiplayer ones with the new counselor and after that probably end by playing the part i find the most fun at the time. BTW I have found that right now on offline mod it seems easy is harder then hard in hard mode they just hide all the time easy in easy mode they actually are hitting you doing things and running away i think they made a mistake and got them mixed up somehow just a theory try easy a few matches and see what i'm talking about all.

Can’t wait! Challenges right out of the movies! I’m going to have to binge watch them all before Thursday !

I’ll be doing single player and multiplayer, for the tapes.

Curious about this Improved Bot AI. Should be cool.

2 hours ago, pilospc said:

I think i'm going to start off with offline mode just to text the bots and Jason weapon swap and new grab then i'm going to do some single player games then some multiplayer ones with the new counselor and after that probably end by playing the part i find the most fun at the time. BTW I have found that right now on offline mod it seems easy is harder then hard in hard mode they just hide all the time easy in easy mode they actually are hitting you doing things and running away i think they made a mistake and got them mixed up somehow just a theory try easy a few matches and see what i'm talking about all.

I completely agree and have noticed the same thing. I played a round on easy last night and they were attacking and attempting objectives somewhat aggressively. Tommy even called the cops, but he was the only one left lol

3 hours ago, Loading said:

Offline bots to test the new grab, weapon swap, see Roy's new skin and updated part 7 stats. Plus see if the bots are actually better.

Then try a few rounds of single player. After that, head online and try Victoria and part 7. Then go back and finish single player until I get all completions.

Lol damn this is exactly the order i'm gonna play it in myself. Great minds think alike!

QP to try out Victoria and test out how the engine feels. I don't care for SP challenges or the emotes unlocked with it that I'll never end up using anyways. Maybe a round or two of offline bots to see if they really have improved. SP challenges will only take about a day or two to 100%, so there's just no rush for me to get into them. On top of that, I will only have Thursday to take advantage of the 130% XP boost since I am going to a con from Friday until Tuesday. I'll squeeze in as much QP as possible since the update is dropping at the worst possible time for me.