The80s

How will choosing our character work for multiplayer?

I prefer the killer too. I definitely prefer to be the troublemaker. There are times when I will want to be the counselor but I dont want to have to be forced to switch between them. Such a different mindset when playing each role. I've made that extremely clear here on the forums. Switching back and forth is going to be very tough and very frustrating for me, which is why I hope Gun doesnt make it random. But it is their game and I will simply accept it if they choose to do that. I may not play the counselor 100 percent, I will probably be the one always trying to take Jason down which sounds like mostly suicide and not helpful to the other players. That's just my personality. Real life translates into games sometimes - if I am threatened I fight it. It'll be hard for me to tone that down. I'll crack up when my toon gets brutalized though.

True enough, but if you have enough friends to play with, who would agree to certain terms, you can play private matches. They said the host would pick who played as Jason, so you could be Jason all the time or counselor all the time. You could even just cycle your friends who want to play as Jason. I plan to play mostly private matches if I can get enough friends to buy in.

Well I'm glad you do, because I don't. Maybe it's that I strictly play killer as I'm an awful survivor, but it's been a minimum of 10 minutes every time I play. I mean I can literally go have a smoke and make a sandwich and still not have a full group by the time I get back. I tested it.

How is that logical? You as killer sre waiting 15 min and me as survivor 1 min? Wut?

Honestly for F13 I'm not too worried about being forced to be a counselor as playing as a counselor looks like it'll be fun too. Survivor in DbD is just boring as hell. Sneak over to generator, repair it, run the killer in circles and repeat. This game on the other hand has you searching cabins, multiple ways to escape, huge maps and you can even attack the killer. So I don't see myself having as much of an issue with playing counselor here.

Personally I am more excited to play as the counselors but Jason gameplay is still a huge part of the games experience so I'm also excited for that and I believe the random selection is genious because it just looks for eight players so you won't have to be waiting for a super long time to search for a Joson or to search for seven counselors I have so many friends who play games and one of there biggest issues with online play is waiting in lobbies both experiences will be super fun and when you do get to play as Jason it just makes with that more exciting to be able to hunt everyone down its super smart to do it this way they are doing absolutely everything right on this game

How is that logical? You as killer sre waiting 15 min and me as survivor 1 min? Wut?

It's called shitty matchmaking and more killers than survivors. I admit I also tend to jump in long after rank resets as well, so most people are much higher rank than I am. I'm sure that doesn't help.

Edit: Let me explain. Let's say you have 10 killers and 12 survivors, now I know the actual numbers are higher, but this is just an example, that means those 12 survivors will fill only 3 of those killers games and it probably fills them by who's been waiting the longest. So let's say you're that 10th killer in line. You need to wait for 3 games to finish before your lobby gets filled. Therefore you end up waiting forever. Compound that with low ranks and your wait time becomes absurd.

• Like 1

You can pick whichever counselor you want in-game. The Jason selection system has not been finalized, but we're confident it will be pretty amiable for most players. 

You can pick whichever counselor you want in-game. The Jason selection system has not been finalized, but we're confident it will be pretty amiable for most players.

Will you be able to see which counselor the other people choose? I know u said there can be as many of one counselor as possible but for the people who want to make sure that the selection of counselors is different if they could see who everyone else chose they could pick someone different? Also will there be an option to enter matches that have the rule of only one counselor per team? Because personally id prefer to have all different counselors and I know not everyone feels that way and u didn't want people to get upset about not getting their favorite counselor but I'd like to have Maybe a game mode or something with only one counselor per team.

Will you be able to see which counselor the other people choose? I know u said there can be as many of one counselor as possible but for the people who want to make sure that the selection of counselors is different if they could see who everyone else chose they could pick someone different? Also will there be an option to enter matches that have the rule of only one counselor per team? Because personally id prefer to have all different counselors and I know not everyone feels that way and u didn't want people to get upset about not getting their favorite counselor but I'd like to have Maybe a game mode or something with only one counselor per team.

I am thinking it will be like L4D, where you can pick the available one if you take forever you may not get your character. To me that would make sense, and work very well. 

I am thinking it will be like L4D, where you can pick the available one if you take forever you may not get your character. To me that would make sense, and work very well.

They already said that people can pick as many of the same counselor as people want so it won't be left for dead what I am asking if people an see who the other people picked as counselors so that they can purposefully do someomr different or of there will be a game mode option to only have on of each counselor per team because personally I want to play with entirely different counselors and none of the same ones it makes the game more interesting and realistic for me at leasg

They already said that people can pick as many of the same counselor as people want so it won't be left for dead what I am asking if people an see who the other people picked as counselors so that they can purposefully do someomr different or of there will be a game mode option to only have on of each counselor per team because personally I want to play with entirely different counselors and none of the same ones it makes the game more interesting and realistic for me at leasg

overwatch does both of these things so i dont see y f13 wont be able to do the same.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if you couldn't see the rest of your team. It'll be a help when it comes to composition, for one thing.

Would like to see a game with 7 of the same counselors vs Jason. Would be funny

7 nerds or bookish girl would be interesting lol

Poor for your chances perhaps, but yeah, I'd absolutely roll with a few of those games for the fun of it.

I wonder if 7 jocks could take out Jason if they surrounded him.

Short answer: no

Gameplay testing from twitter already confirmed that a team huddled up with weapons to try and take down jason as he went into the barn they were hiding in.

It failed

I dont think taking out Jason is going to be done by pure melee. I think it's going to be purely situational. From what the devs have hinted at, it seems like it's going to have to come after a very specific set of triggers have been met.

I dont think taking out Jason is going to be done by pure melee. I think it's going to be purely situational. From what the devs have hinted at, it seems like it's going to have to come after a very specific set of triggers have been met.

Sounds right, but i'm still thinking the triggers are something that you can find and do. Like destroying a grave.

I do wonder if it alters the game mechanics a bit though. Maybe it'll weaken the jason player to the point where he loses powers. I could see it being a thing.

For some reason i'm thinking the final nail in the coffin so to speak is still killing jason in-game. 

Like that's the last step, actually fighting and winning against him. I can't see it working out well balance wise if the characters do x amount of things, then jason just drops dead in the middle of the forest still on the hunt.

There has to be warnings for jason. His mom talking to him, or even "dying" so the telepathy gets broken, his powers dwindling, counselors suddenly able to take more hits..

I'm just theorizing, but the devs said that they want things to be immersive, and not just a part of the HUD. What i wrote above seems to fit in more with the "vision" imo...well, atleast so far. We'll see.

any team of 7 can win, if you can win on your own without help from others which so many insist is possible, then it should not be a difference to 7 of any counselor. my guess is one good with repairs would have the upper hand however