The80s

How will choosing our character work for multiplayer?

Maybe we can choose to opt out of being Jason if we don't want to play as him and then it can randomly select someone that did want to play as Jason.

Randy said you can select either Jason or Counselors as your player preference, which will increase your chances of being selected to play for that "team." It probably doesn't mean you'll get your preference every single time, though, just more often.

• Like 1

Honestly still the chance system wasn't something anyone expected.

Peoples minds are blown now. It's like I play Jason but doesn't mean I want to be him.

It's sorta a restrictive system that is in place. I'm thinking this relates to Dead by daylight and

how hard it looks for survivor players to find a killer. An possibly if F13 the game had the same

selection system in place like them, people I GUESS would be complaining about not finding a killer

as well in a good time span. It's like I don't wanna suck being on any side, but I want to play as

what I wanna play as. The most thing that would suck would be if I'm good as Jason an not a

counselor, like WTF! An if the chance system is so gosh darn true I'll be playing more of a character

I rather not play as for right now, it would get tiring and boring if you get Jason or vice versa 10 rounds!

When you just wanted to alternate. For me I agree and disagree, Politely. I agree in a balanced multi-player gaming

perspective way, so you can get a Jason and counselor every round just do a chance system an you'll get one regardless.

No buts about it, an a rating system to boot to see if they are allowed to be this character again or not in due time.

Disagree in a interest stand point, feeling like you do better in a game with a character you like to play as an love

to experience in the moment or something long term as. Needing that form of connection to the game without it being

severed from something you didn't have interest of doing within the game itself in the first place at this or any given time.

Honestly I'm fine but not fine with this theory that sounds almost concrete to me. I want the game to be balance at

the same time something about a character you have a connection to I hate when that tie is severed at any moment.

I know all of this sounds dramatic as hell, lmao, but just stating an opinion that I can't see to just not say a loud.

(I also feel like if they didn't put so much effort in to counselors wardrobes/looks I wouldn't be screaming to wanting

to play as them so badly, and just see how they are like in the environment. All these different characters it's like I wonder

if they will have descriptions/short back-stories about them.)

Are you not a fan of Jason or playing as Jason? Just curious.

Like a few other bits, I'd reckon the Beta will be a big influence on this on how this develops.

Randy made some things clear during the Periscope. Jason will be random but you will be able to opt out of being Jason.

The longer you play the increased chances of becoming Jason, which is a decent trade off than just complete random

• Like 1

BlackWidowofLaPorte, on 25 Oct 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

Randy said you can select either Jason or Counselors as your player preference, which will increase your chances of being selected to play for that "team." It probably doesn't mean you'll get your preference every single time, though, just more often.

Thank you for clearing that up. At least we get to select our preference. That's better than nothing, right? :P 

I think being able to play as all the same "Class" of counselor is fine but it must be done right. Different outfits doesn't really matter if all of you have the same face. If people pick multiple copies of the same counselor there should be some different look options for each one to some extent. Like for instance if everyone picked  "Jock"  one of them might be a white blonde jock another is one with shaggy brown hair while another is a black jock, asian jock etc.  Hope that made sense but thats how I would like to see it anyway.

I think being able to play as all the same "Class" of counselor is fine but it must be done right. Different outfits doesn't really matter if all of you have the same face. If people pick multiple copies of the same counselor there should be some different look options for each one to some extent. Like for instance if everyone picked  "Jock"  one of them might be a white blonde jock another is one with shaggy brown hair while another is a black jock, asian jock etc.  Hope that made sense but thats how I would like to see it anyway.

Im pretty sure they have confirmed there will be clothes variations for when the same counselors are selected

In dead by daylight i play like killer 70% or more of the time. I want the same here.

Sorry to say your want probably isnt going to happen in this game, unless your kick ass as a counselor and up your chances at a chance to play Jason.

• Like 1

Sorry to say your want probably isnt going to happen in this game, unless your kick ass as a counselor and up your chances at a chance to play Jason.

Yes but the game dont need anybody play jason. Need good players for a killer. 

I dont want a noob play like jason and i scape super easy xd In DBD this happends and this matchs are so so boring.

Edit: i mean in this games style a BAD killer destroy all the game for everybody. 

• Like 1

I haven't played Dead by Dealight but I've watched several videos of gameplay, and if F13th the game is anything like that, we're going to have a masive failure on our hands. Seriously, that game looks like shit. 

Luckily though, the little bit of footage I've seen from F13th makes it looks like it'll definitely be better. 

I haven't played Dead by Dealight but I've watched several videos of gameplay, and if F13th the game is anything like that, we're going to have a masive failure on our hands. Seriously, that game looks like shit. 

Luckily though, the little bit of footage I've seen from F13th makes it looks like it'll definitely be better. 

a useless killer can not do anything. I am a very very good player and even better killer.

And that is precisely the perfect, so you can not afford is a aprtida be boring because everyone can laugh at Jason if the player can not play and still would be much worse if the game does not put in danger the killer in the hands of the ability of player .

if you see two videos DBD videos do not know anything about the game. As killer you have to play with headphones because you need to be aware of absolutely every detail. Each breath of hidden characters, each step on the grass, etc, etc. It's not like what you see in a youtube video only see a kliller running like crazy giving hits.

And when you play as a survivor when the killer is a novice or a player who is bad because simply it is, the last thing you want to die of boredom during the game because if the killer has no skill the game is a real authentic boredom.

Nobody will want to see Jason run down the dizzy map because the survivors laugh at him because he plays like Jason is not a great player.

And what I'm talking took more than 650 hours'm Dead by Daylight and creator of the steam guide most important in my language.

This is a huge text for me and i so sorry for my english again...

Thats why bad Jason players get negative chance impact towards playing him. To continue successfully being Jason, you have to perform well as him or your chances get more and more slim.

• Like 1

a useless killer can not do anything. I am a very very good player and even better killer.

And that is precisely the perfect, so you can not afford is a aprtida be boring because everyone can laugh at Jason if the player can not play and still would be much worse if the game does not put in danger the killer in the hands of the ability of player .

if you see two videos DBD videos do not know anything about the game. As killer you have to play with headphones because you need to be aware of absolutely every detail. Each breath of hidden characters, each step on the grass, etc, etc. It's not like what you see in a youtube video only see a kliller running like crazy giving hits.

And when you play as a survivor when the killer is a novice or a player who is bad because simply it is, the last thing you want to die of boredom during the game because if the killer has no skill the game is a real authentic boredom.

Nobody will want to see Jason run down the dizzy map because the survivors laugh at him because he plays like Jason is not a great player.

And what I'm talking took more than 650 hours'm Dead by Daylight and creator of the steam guide most important in my language.

This is a huge text for me and i so sorry for my english again...

Thx for this, now i understand betther this system.  

About looking different from the other of the same counselor, they will add clothes to choose from tops/bottoms, i have that confirmed from their facebook and it will be in the game from day 1. can't wait to see what they have in store. would be cool if the rocker girl have several real-life band t-shirts

About looking different from the other of the same counselor, they will add clothes to choose from tops/bottoms, i have that confirmed from their facebook and it will be in the game from day 1. can't wait to see what they have in store. would be cool if the rocker girl have several real-life band t-shirts

In the virtual cabin, the Rocker Chick wears a Crazy Lixx shirt, but that's because the band is tied to the game by the soundtrack. I wouldn't expect any other real-life bands though because I'm pretty sure that would fall under copyright issues.

• Like 1

Well we aren't completely without info on the subject either, as they did say you will pick your Jason and your counselor at which point a Jason will be picked based on multiple factors, like when did you last play as Jason and how good of a Jason you are. That's the part I'm not sure about. Does it mean if you play Jason the way he acts in the films will you have a higher chance of getting to play him? Or is it more like if you wipe whole groups you have a higher chance? We have the idea, just not all the details.

Thats bs. I want to play the chara that i want. Beein forced to play as Jason or counselor? No thx

Thats bs. I want to play the chara that i want. Beein forced to play as Jason or counselor? No thx

There's no bs about it. I really think this is a better way of doing things than in DbD. I tend to only play a couple rounds of that because waiting for groups takes like 15 minutes to get into and I don't know about anyone else, but I hate waiting forever for a match that ends up ending quicker than it took you to get into it. At least this way everyone is already there for the match it'll just pick a Jason. If you don't want to be Jason they said you will have the option to opt out of it. As for being forced to play counselor well boo hoo. I guess this game just isn't for you. Go on back to Dead by Daylight.

• Like 1

There's no bs about it. I really think this is a better way of doing things than in DbD. I tend to only play a couple rounds of that because waiting for groups takes like 15 minutes to get into and I don't know about anyone else, but I hate waiting forever for a match that ends up ending quicker than it took you to get into it. At least this way everyone is already there for the match it'll just pick a Jason. If you don't want to be Jason they said you will have the option to opt out of it. As for being forced to play counselor well boo hoo. I guess this game just isn't for you. Go on back to Dead by Daylight.

15 min? Lol i find a match in between 30 sec and 2 min, max

15 min? Lol i find a match in between 30 sec and 2 min, max

Well I'm glad you do, because I don't. Maybe it's that I strictly play killer as I'm an awful survivor, but it's been a minimum of 10 minutes every time I play. I mean I can literally go have a smoke and make a sandwich and still not have a full group by the time I get back. I tested it.

Well I'm glad you do, because I don't. Maybe it's that I strictly play killer as I'm an awful survivor, but it's been a minimum of 10 minutes every time I play. I mean I can literally go have a smoke and make a sandwich and still not have a full group by the time I get back.

just curious but now that you must play as a councelor and you are used to be the killer, which one are you going with?

They have stated that the system for Jason/Counselor is not yet finalized. I've been probably the most outspoken member of the forum on random Jason selection, but the fact is we do not yet know what the system is and even if it IS random, I'll suck it up and deal. The game looks that good.

I say let us not jump the gun (no pun intended) until we see how the system works. DbD is different because playing the killer is kinda weak. A lot of people DONT wanna play the killer. I never waited more than 5 -7 minutes for a match as the killer. I'm sure Jason will be different. I AM willing to wait a long time to play as Jason and have been clear about that and I hope they give us that option. We will see but I think we should give them a chance to reveal their system.

just curious but now that you must play as a councelor and you are used to be the killer, which one are you going with?

Honestly for F13 I'm not too worried about being forced to be a counselor as playing as a counselor looks like it'll be fun too. Survivor in DbD is just boring as hell. Sneak over to generator, repair it, run the killer in circles and repeat. This game on the other hand has you searching cabins, multiple ways to escape, huge maps and you can even attack the killer. So I don't see myself having as much of an issue with playing counselor here.

They have stated that the system for Jason/Counselor is not yet finalized. I've been probably the most outspoken member of the forum on random Jason selection, but the fact is we do not yet know what the system is and even if it IS random, I'll suck it up and deal. The game looks that good.

I say let us not jump the gun (no pun intended) until we see how the system works. DbD is different because playing the killer is kinda weak. A lot of people DONT wanna play the killer. I never waited more than 5 -7 minutes for a match as the killer. I'm sure Jason will be different. I AM willing to wait a long time to play as Jason and have been clear about that and I hope they give us that option. We will see but I think we should give them a chance to reveal their system.

See an I prefer killer even though they are clearly just a joke for the survivors, but survivor is just so boring because the killers are jokes. 

See an I prefer killer even though they are clearly just a joke for the survivors, but survivor is just so boring because the killers are jokes. 

I prefer the killer too. I definitely prefer to be the troublemaker. There are times when I will want to be the counselor but I dont want to have to be forced to switch between them. Such a different mindset when playing each role. I've made that extremely clear here on the forums. Switching back and forth is going to be very tough and very frustrating for me, which is why I hope Gun doesnt make it random. But it is their game and I will simply accept it if they choose to do that. I may not play the counselor 100 percent, I will probably be the one always trying to take Jason down which sounds like mostly suicide and not helpful to the other players. That's just my personality. Real life translates into games sometimes - if I am threatened I fight it. It'll be hard for me to tone that down. I'll crack up when my toon gets brutalized though.