ShiftySamurai

Single Player Challenge (and more) Release Date Trailer

4 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I wonder why Microsoft, Nvidia or Valve haven't written a gaming only operating system for PCs that could lock out hacking similar to how these consoles do. Is it all because of the proprietary hardware that makes consoles less likely to be hacked?

Why can't games require a usb dongle for authorizations like other programs do?

I'm really saving money for a console, because I can't stand things like that anymore. It annoys me so freaking much. Right now the game is unplayable for me on PC. I'll delete the game from my computer if I see another Jason with infinity shift or coming inside of the cabin without breaking any door. 

• Thanks 1

I do have a few questions @ShiftySamurai, is the song playing in the trailer the one being added? Did you edit the trailer, if you did I enjoyed it. Especially the transition from in the house to Jason, it was highlighted by the song, hence the first question. If you didn't edit the trailer, pass on my praise, it was well done. I'd like to know if it is your work though, others might find that interesting as well, so question number two? Last but not least, where is our sit down about Muffin? You've gotten the update out of the way, time to talk about the future, and by future I mean Muffin.

1 hour ago, BFizzle said:

To be fair, I saw more than a couple of people unsure if we were only getting SP Challenges this Thursday or the entire update, and another tweet had to be made clarifying that we are. So... no.

its common sense that whole thing comes out Thursday 

5 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

its common sense that whole thing comes out Thursday 

Which is why the vague tweet only mentioning that SP Challenges were coming, and not the entire update that SP Challenges were always gonna be included in anyways, confused people. ?

• Like 1

The Facebook post covered everything. I think they could have worded the Twitter one better though. 

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@GunMedia_Ben self fulfilling prophecies, amirite?

Gotta cull the herd a bit before a drop.

CarelessCoarseEastrussiancoursinghounds-

Lol hell yeah now that's what i'm talking about! Thanks devs, I know you guys worked your asses off to make this happen for us before the 1 yr. anniversary! Looks like Memorial Day weekend is going to be nothing but taking back Crystal Lake from those filthy kids!

When is the update coming?
We are in the later stages of finalizing, but we are not yet at a place in the process where we can state a specific date with certainty. All of our major reworks and new features - updated game engine, Single Player Challenges, Victoria, Bot AI Improvements, Weapon Switching, Legendary Perks, etc. - are in place in our development builds. However, we are at least weeks away from release, and if major issues are found we will work to solve them before release. What we do know is that there is no longer a possibility of hitting a release date in April, and we felt that we should let Friday the 13th: The Game players know.

It means that this update will be without any errors. That's why it took so long. (?) Even the largest studios release updates with errors....but ok, I wonder if the small team coped better than the biggest teams from larger games. 

Love the new trailer... 
   No patch notes yet...
   And the countdown begins...

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Wasn't it said that the patch notes will be released before the update?

most likely wednesday

I don't care about the trailer just wanted to know the update date and if it's dropping in 2 days there was no need for a long trailer we all know what's coming in it.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Way to go! Impatient players seem a whole lot less hateful now lol. Us rational people knew it was a MASSIVE undertaking with TONS  of content... I knew these people (devs) loved this franchise! They're going to keep Friday great for a long time! Plus this is FREE... unheard of these days. Much love to you all at gun/ilfonic ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Way to go! Impatient players seem a whole lot less hateful now lol.

lol... I was in the process of typing something similar.  lol.  I was just going to say the trailer looks awesome and I'm glad we got a release date.  Hopefully, now this forum will relax.  I cant wait for Thursday. :) 

• Like 1

once again, its not free, its already been paid for by the backers and its stuff that was already advertised to be in the game or to be added later when we bought it

The ironic thing is, Chad's pappa probably owns that boulder.

• Haha 1

There are a lot of flaws and criticism for such a late update, some understand, others do not.
I also did not intend to be nice and charming, because I am also waiting for this update, BUT one can not refuse the crew - soundtracks in the game and trailers are very in the mood of the movie and people who are responsible for the game audio site and the drivers should receive a salary increase - This is a very strong side of this game, which keeps high level all the time.

6 hours ago, kitcat said:

I'm curious about all the hackers on PC. That dll/Savini thing and all the other things. I'm hoping they didn't ignored it completly. Those people deserve a pretty ban. 

Unfortunately, that's why I've quit playing. Steam has too many hackers and I haven't seen anything change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Unfortunately, that's why I've quit playing. Steam has too many hackers and I haven't seen anything change.

Stay with us console plebs then. :P 
All we have to worry about is the occasional rager but that will be fixed between the Salt Mines and the eventual Dedicated servers. Only prob is I doubt even with the update it'll run at 60fps or have any other PC bells and whistles.

3 hours ago, 2moar said:

once again, its not free, its already been paid for by the backers and its stuff that was already advertised to be in the game or to be added later when we bought it

Actuuuuaally...... the single player goals were never met. But they decided to include them anyways. Which was the main reason they gave for the game’s delay. But then single player still comes an entire year after the initial release anyways. Soooo....... why was the game originally delayed then?....

3 hours ago, 2moar said:

We say “at no additional cost” in messaging to help stem the amount of questions asking how much the update will cost, which is something that happens every time we release new counselors, maps, and Jasons. 

“No additional cost” does not mean “free” as much as it means “this content has already been paid for with your purchase of the game”.

• Thanks 3