Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I was pretty bored (for some reasons I always feel like Sunday is the most boring day of the week, even more than Monday). The thing is that since nobody was playing and I couldn't find a lobby. So since I had 260.581 CP I started to roll perks, my objective was get at least a rare Swift Attacker (I got an uncommon), because, well sometimes it doesn't work that good. I started, I literally spend 2 hours of my life for nothing and I wasted like 140.000CP for nothing. I don't know what is wrong with the perk system but it need to be fixed. I know people who have a rare Swift Attacker so it's impossible that in 2 hours the game didn't give it.

I know that some perks are very rare to come out as rare or epic but this is just stupid. The game should detect automatically what perks you have and which ones not. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you should just expect to get a certain rare perk just because you wasted 2 hours and a lot of CP. The whole thing with the perk system is that it's random. There are very low chances of you getting the exact perk that you want. If the game detected what perks you already have, you could get all of the rares in a small amount of time, which probably isn't how the devs or anyone else wants it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

so it's impossible that in 2 hours the game didn't give it.

I

It happened so it's not impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yesterday I was pretty bored (for some reasons I always feel like Sunday is the most boring day of the week, even more than Monday). The thing is that since nobody was playing and I couldn't find a lobby. So since I had 260.581 CP I started to roll perks, my objective was get at least a rare Swift Attacker (I got an uncommon), because, well sometimes it doesn't work that good. I started, I literally spend 2 hours of my life for nothing and I wasted like 140.000CP for nothing. I don't know what is wrong with the perk system but it need to be fixed. I know people who have a rare Swift Attacker so it's impossible that in 2 hours the game didn't give it.

I know that some perks are very rare to come out as rare or epic but this is just stupid. The game should detect automatically what perks you have and which ones not. 

I once wasted about 50,000 CP trying to get ANy "My Dad's A Cop" perk. I failed. Still eludes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I once wasted about 50,000 CP trying to get ANy "My Dad's A Cop" perk. I failed. Still eludes me.

I have a my dad's a cop that I never use. Perk trading system would be nice feature to add to a lobby.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have a my dad's a cop that I never use. Perk trading system would be nice feature to add to a lobby.

Indeed. SOME kind of bartering system would be highly coveted. Like Monopoly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, justice4all said:

I don't think you should just expect to get a certain rare perk just because you wasted 2 hours and a lot of CP. The whole thing with the perk system is that it's random. There are very low chances of you getting the exact perk that you want. If the game detected what perks you already have, you could get all of the rares in a small amount of time, which probably isn't how the devs or anyone else wants it. 

I know it's random but it's ridiculous get the same perk over and over. If I wasted the CP I said, imagine for newbies and people who have low CP, it would be a damn nightmare.

 

15 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It happened so it's not impossible.

Well, gottas say that make me laugh xD.

 

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have a my dad's a cop that I never use. Perk trading system would be nice feature to add to a lobby.

Me too, most of the times it's me the one that fix the phone, so it's kinda useless at least for me.

 

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Indeed. SOME kind of bartering system would be highly coveted.

If they add more useful perks that actually change important gameplay (like marathon, hypochondriac, restful or medic) would me pretty nice and would make the perk system more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Me too, most of the times it's me the one that fix the phone, so it's kinda useless at least for me.

Yeah, Im usually repair counselor. There are times I repair and run inside with time to call also but not enough to consider taking up a slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire progression system is pretty underwhelming. There's already such a widespread difference in the utility of perks based on the realities of gameplay. When you gate the few useful perks behind RNG it just makes the game frustrating to play, sometimes. If you want your players to spend time investing in their character, then build a system that rewards time played with the option to build the loadouts they want. It would be much better if players could purchase the lowest quality version of a perk with CP and then spend CP upgrading it, imo.

There should also be gameplay changes that make other perks more desirable. The easiest fix would be a change to sense that requires a full cooldown before it can be used again--just like every other Jason ability. Sense avoidance perks would immediately become more viable.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine, It's not impressive that you spent 2 hours rolling for this perk. The impressive number is the combined hours and combined CP, of all the players that have rolled and never received one. Considering millions of CP and thousands of hours have been spent without finding that particular perk, 2 hours is a drop in the bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The entire progression system is pretty underwhelming. There's already such a widespread difference in the utility of perks based on the realities of gameplay. When you gate the few useful perks behind RNG it just makes the game frustrating to play, sometimes. If you want your players to spend time investing in their character, then build a system that rewards time played with the option to build the loadouts they want. It would be much better if players could purchase the lowest quality version of a perk with CP and then spend CP upgrading it, imo.

There should also be gameplay changes that make other perks more desirable. The easiest fix would be a change to sense that requires a full cooldown before it can be used again--just like every other Jason ability. Sense avoidance perks would immediately become more viable.

Exactly, but for that they should change the CP system and make it like it was in the beta: For one perk you need 10CP (that would be like 7 matches). And as you said you would buy it in the lowest quality, then you have to spend 5CP (should be like 3 matches) for upgrade it, you would have to pass for every quality until you reach epic.

And you as you said, we need more useful perks and some of them would have a cool down. As example:

-Adrenaline: You receive and speed boost for 5 seconds if Jason is chasing you for every 2 minutes.

-Im not going to die: Your stun chance is increased 40% when your fear level is at 100, aswell your attack speed is 20% faster.

Aswell Jason should have his perks for make it more balanced:

-There's no escape: Jason shift recharge 10% faster when a car is started.

- Momma is proud of you: Tommy Jarvis stamina recharge 20% slower when he is the only one alive.- Momma is proud of you: Tommy Jarvis stamina recharge 20% slower when he is the only one alive.

18 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine, It's not impressive that you spent 2 hours rolling for this perk. The impressive number is the combined hours and combined CP, of all the players that have rolled and never received one. Considering millions of CP and thousands of hours have been spent without finding that particular perk, 2 hours is a drop in the bucket.

Yeah, I know some perks (like Swift Attacker) are uncommon to drop as epic or rare but spend 2 hours just for one perk is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have a my dad's a cop that I never use. Perk trading system would be nice feature to add to a lobby.

Play Lachappa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Lock this stupid thread.

It doesn't meet the requirements to be locked.

1) Nobody has questioned the sincerity of the developers.

2) Nobody has questioned the actions of a moderator.

Wait for one of these things to happen and then they will reach into the toolbox for.....

A13Y4QL5QWL._SY355_.jpg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice if you could pick the perk you want to roll for. Say you pay a bit more cp to roll for the one you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Lock this stupid thread.

Umh why exactly is stupid? Just asking for a friend.

 

8 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

It doesn't meet the requirements to be locked.

1) Nobody has questioned the sincerity of the developers.

2) Nobody has questioned the actions of a moderator.

Wait for one of these things to happen and then they will reach into the toolbox for.....

A13Y4QL5QWL._SY355_.jpg

 

I want one of those threadlockers, you know where they sell them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Umh why exactly is stupid? Just asking for a friend.

 

I want one of those threadlockers, you know where they sell them?

I think the implication is that it's stupid to complain about something that you know is supposed to be random. It's like going to Vegas, blowing your wad in 2 hours playing slots, and then heading over to the window and complaining you didn't win the 20 Million Dollar Jackpot.

 

And you can buy that particular threadlocker at AutoZone. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

I think the implication is that it's stupid to complain about something that you know is supposed to be random. It's like going to Vegas, blowing your wad in 2 hours playing slots, and then heading over to the window and complaining you didn't win the 20 Million Dollar Jackpot.

 

And you can buy that particular threadlocker at AutoZone. ?

Even if it's random I think they should create a more dynamic system and improve it, I don't see the stupidity there. It's in all the states of the U.S?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Even if it's random I think they should create a more dynamic system and improve it, I don't see the stupidity there. It's in all the states of the U.S?

I agree with needing to improve it, but I believe your initial complaint was that you spent "X" amount of time spending CP without getting the Perk you desired.

And yes........ AutoZone is in every state, I think. If not, try Walmart in the automotive department. Walmart is everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I agree with needing to improve it, but I believe your initial complaint was that you spent "X" amount of time spending CP without getting the Perk you desired.

And yes........ AutoZone is in every state, I think. If not, try Walmart in the automotive department. Walmart is everywhere.

It was an example so people can know how bad this system is, is ridiculous that I spent that time without getting it, do you imagine for newbies that know what perks are good and want to get them but they have low CP? I don't wanna even think about it..... But as I said, it was an example.

Im going to buy ton of them, then I will sell them here on the forums so every member can lock a thread that they don't like or they don't agree. I will be freaking rich!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It was an example so people can know how bad this system is, is ridiculous that I spent that time without getting it, do you imagine for newbies that know what perks are good and want to get them but they have low CP? I don't wanna even think about it..... But as I said, it was an example.

Im going to buy ton of them, then I will sell them here on the forums so every member can lock a thread that they don't like or they don't agree. I will be freaking rich!

I get the frustration. The problem is you're thinking of the entire group of rolls together, when every individual roll is it's own thing, that isn't impacted by the roll before or after. I think that's how it works anyways.

The newbie rolling for perks has the same amount of luck as you do with each roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

I get the frustration. The problem is you're thinking of the entire group of rolls together, when every individual roll is it's own thing, that isn't impacted by the roll before or after. I think that's how it works anyways.

The newbie rolling for perks has the same amount of luck as you do with each roll.

That's why I said the game should register the perks you get so you don't get the same perks over and over. I said the newbies thing because if I wasted that CP to get one good perk for newbies that would be a hell since they don't have that much CP.

 

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@BrokenFattHardy @PlayerAgainstTheMachine

FYI, that permatex stuff is junk. This is the good stuff.

7091-2.jpg

You know which store sell that, and where I can buy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...