lHeartBreakerl

PSA: Update will not drop on 5/26

Just now, Manny1985 said:

gun-media was at pax east? But that means they were working on a weekend. Doesn’t that disprove your whole argue meant they don’t work on weekends? FYI opinions aren’t facts unless you have evidence to back it up. Just sayin... 

@ShiftySamurai stated they don't work on weekends, events aren't really working when your just sitting on your ass all day talking with fans and selling the game so your logic on he doesn't mean the company is sad.

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

@ShiftySamurai stated they don't work on weekends, events aren't really working when your just sitting on your ass all day talking with fans and selling the game so your logic on he doesn't mean the company is sad.

Conventions are work. Many working professionals are required to attend workshops, conferences etc. and are paid to do so. What constitutes work is a whole other debate. If you’d like to learn more, look up white collar jobs compared to blue collar jobs.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

Conventions are work. Many working professionals are required to attend workshops, conferences etc. and are paid to do so. What constitutes work is a whole other debate. If you’d like to learn more, look up white collar jobs compared to blue collar jobs.

Again @ShiftySamurai stated they don't, his tweet was still at the company and not on himself. So saying he's not talking about the company your stupid. He said we, he's not talking about his family he's talking about the company, if they did work weekends we would see the update on the 26th because 1 year of Friday the 13th the game is on that day so again that right there tells you that @ShiftySamurai was speaking about the company. So please read and understand that he was talking about the company. Now if you excuse me I'm gonna go grind to I can have my weapon unlocked when the update comes out. Bye bye baby! 

blwkss.gif

• Confused 1

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Again @ShiftySamurai stated they don't, his tweet was still at the company and not on himself. So saying he's not talking about the company your stupid. He said we, he's not talking about his family he's talking about the company, if they did work weekends we would see the update on the 26th because 1 year of Friday the 13th the game is on that day so again that right there tells you that @ShiftySamurai was speaking about the company. So please read and understand that he was talking about the company. Now if you excuse me I'm gonna go grind to I can have my weapon unlocked when the update comes out. Bye bye baby! 

blwkss.gif

If he’s referring to the whole company? Why are people still working on weekends? You guys shouldn’t let this update effect you so much. It seems to impair your reasoning.

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

If he’s referring to the whole company? Why are people still working on weekends? You guys shouldn’t let this update effect you so much. It seems to impair your reasoning.

Who is working on the weekends? Going to events aren't really working. Your not making new stuff for the game nor are they looking for people to be in the game, all they are doing is sitting on their butts talking to people. @ShiftySamurai pointed out they don't work weekends which means no one is working weekends. Evens and stuff don't count as work as it can be take off as a business expenses. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Who is working on the weekends? Going to events aren't really working. Your not making new stuff for the game nor are they looking for people to be in the game, all they are doing is sitting on their butts talking to people. @ShiftySamurai pointed out they don't work weekends which means no one is working weekends. Evens and stuff don't count as work as it can be take off as a business expenses. 

I'm sure Shifty loves being tagged every time you mention his name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hell Toupee said:

I'm sure Shifty loves being tagged every time you mention his name.

It's one way to get this cleared up lol

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

Conventions, as a general rule, don’t usually happen in the middle of a work week. They happen on weekends when most working people can attend. They are not sitting at computers trying to improve the game, which is clearly what he meant by saying that he doesn’t work on the weekend.  Don’t you think that comparing the two activities is just a little bit... I don’t know... obtuse?

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Conventions, as a general rule, don’t usually happen in the middle of a work week. They happen on weekends when most working people can attend. They are not sitting at computers trying to improve the game, which is clearly what he meant by saying that he doesn’t work on the weekend.  Don’t you think that comparing the two activities is just a little bit... I don’t know... obtuse?

The reason for my post is 

A. He made the comment on his personal twitter page so it should be taken with a grain of salt

B. Shifty doesn’t speak on behalf of every single staff member 

C. The group has worked during weekends in the past, especially during launch and conventions. 

Update is launching Thursday though so it sounds like they should take the day off anyway.

4 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Still don’t understand white collar jobs, do you. That stuff is still considered work, even if your opinion doesn’t think so.

Remember when that roadmap said single player challenges demo coming first? So im guessing thats been scrapped, in favour of single player challenges full release on the 24th?

• Confused 1

Lol. Yep. When I'm talking about how I don't work on the weekend, I always use the pronoun "we".

In truth, I think the simplest explanation is that they probably have worked weekends, but shifty was just trolling us knowing that the update is coming out on Thursday. 

Who knows though. Glad it's coming out on Thursday. Not sure why anyone would think "we" means I. Not sure why Gun thinks trolling it's dwindling player base is a great idea.

Hopefully the team is ready to work weekends to make a hot fix or two. 

• Like 2

I'm just here waiting for the thread bitching about what time the update comes on Thursday...:D

"it's 12:01 AM...where's the update?!?!"

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I'm just here waiting for the thread bitching about what time the update comes on Thursday...:D

"it's 12:01 AM...where's the update?!?!"

Yeah. I'll set the over undet on those kind of posts at 4.5. I'll take the over.

I'm not even going to dare to come up with one for twitter/facebook.

I do wish they'd give a release time, simply because I have flex time and can leave work early. But more than likely it will be around 3 or 4 EST like usual.

I'm excited. Hopefully I'll get to see some old faces that have taken a hiatus.

11 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

@ShiftySamurai stated they don't work on weekends [...]

Well, he actually stated they are not going to release the update on May 26th. Isn't this a holiday weekend in the US? It might relate to that, not them generally not working on weekends.

Anyway, glad to see this coming out this week. It has been quite the wait.

4 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Isn't this a holiday weekend in the US?

Sure is, most of us get Monday off. I don't think that has anything to do with it. They've never released anything on a weekend. Why would anyone expect them to? Nobody likes to work weekends lol

Gentlemen,

You can stop arguing semantics over what @ShiftySamurai said about not working weekends. Because firstly, he's full of it. He has and does work weekends. Maybe not "officially". But you can see he's posted plenty of F13 related stuff on weekends. He's been the guy this community and Gun needed from the start. To question his work ethic or the fact that he's basically thinking about this game 24/7 would be wrong.

Secondly, no games update on weekends. It's an industry wide practice to typically release updates between Tuesday and Thursday. Mondays probably get the ball rolling. Thursday gives you a softer release into the weekend and maybe avoids issues that could arise on the Friday...Don't bitch about something not happening when it's never been commonplace to begin with.

Third, and lastly, the update is coming out Thursday. We have confirmation on that. Why in the hell are you still arguing about the meaning of his Saturday tweet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Gentlemen,

You can stop arguing semantics over what @ShiftySamurai said about not working weekends. Because firstly, he's full of it. He has and does work weekends. Maybe not "officially". But you can see he's posted plenty of F13 related stuff on weekends. He's been the guy this community and Gun needed from the start. To question his work ethic or the fact that he's basically thinking about this game 24/7 would be wrong.

Secondly, no games update on weekends. It's an industry wide practice to typically release updates between Tuesday and Thursday. Mondays probably get the ball rolling. Thursday gives you a softer release into the weekend and maybe avoids issues that could arise on the Friday...Don't bitch about something not happening when it's never been commonplace to begin with.

Third, and lastly, the update is coming out Thursday. We have confirmation on that. Why in the hell are you still arguing about the meaning of his Saturday tweet?

Well said

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I've got my incantations ready and waiting. You're covered.

That's great then!

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Gentlemen,

[...]

Sir, 

you are essentially and factually right about everything you say.

I humbly yield any argument on my behalf and look forward to the update of the engine and everything that will follow come Thor's day.

Regards 

Mr. Bjarnason

All that aside, some people are going at great lengths to accuse Gun Media of certain things in this (and many other) thread(s). Shifty is only the latest victim in this. There's quite a lot of people trying to defend him, which may be the reason why the discussion is still ongoing.

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

Guys ,Shifty is creating a topic right now.Wonder what its about?

Hemorrhoid Cream?

• Haha 1