lHeartBreakerl

PSA: Update will not drop on 5/26

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

giphy.gif

Looks like the update won't be out on the 26th. I assume they'll do something for the one year, but expect double xp and tapes.

Better luck In June, I guess.

At this point, I'd rather they wait until they can devote the time to troubleshooting when needed post-patch.  Dumping that large an update into the wild and leaving everything on autopilot is a bad move whether you're a small studio/developer, or a soulless mega-company like EA.  

Another week or two isn't going to hurt as much as pushing it out with no support for four or five days over a holiday weekend in The Colonies.

6 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Seriously, the answers of the people involving this game make me cringe sometimes. 

All of the time.

Im going to be playing State Of Decay 2 instead of being kicked out of 6 of 10 games rather Jason or the host quits.I keep saying that we probably wont get the update till LATE JULY early August...I got crazy faces when i said it wouldn't be out this month...lmao who's crazy now.

• Confused 1

Well that wasn't a big surprise. Shifty said that they woul give the release date with anticipation because it's important and blah blah. I just hope they give the release date to "celebrate" the 1 year anniversary

1 hour ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Does anyone know if it has been said if the car rubber band glitch will be fixed in this patch? You know, the one that has been present since DECEMBER...that alone makes me want to uninstall this fucking game.

Or the Tommy Jarvis issue where if you didn't find a walkie as a counsellor you don't spawn with a working one with Tommy. An issue that's be existing since launch.

40 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

At this point, I'd rather they wait until they can devote the time to troubleshooting when needed post-patch.  Dumping that large an update into the wild and leaving everything on autopilot is a bad move whether you're a small studio/developer, or a soulless mega-company like EA.  

Another week or two isn't going to hurt as much as pushing it out with no support for four or five days over a holiday weekend in The Colonies.

Exactly what I was thinking! If they send it out Thursday and there are a few bugs that majorly affect certain aspects of gameplay and there is no one around to fix it for several days, it will cause even more chaos in Friday the 13th land. In fact I feel like that already happened once before on a holiday weekend.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BradleyMaverick said:

Exactly what I was thinking! If they send it out Thursday and there are a few bugs that majorly affect certain aspects of gameplay and there is no one around to fix it for several days, it will cause even more chaos in Friday the 13th land. In fact I feel like that already happened once before on a holiday weekend.

It's happened on countless other games/patches, regardless of developer or studio.  Better to avoid the issue altogether.  They aren't going to lose players pushing back something this long in the making by a handful of days.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Necromancers are ready to resurrect us in the year 20030. 

8 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Or the Tommy Jarvis issue where if you didn't find a walkie as a counsellor you don't spawn with a working one with Tommy. An issue that's be existing since launch.

Ever have the one where you die with no small map because of high fear, and come back as Tommy without a small map? Also cant see any of your items...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Does anyone know if it has been said if the car rubber band glitch will be fixed in this patch? You know, the one that has been present since DECEMBER...that alone makes me want to uninstall this fucking game.

seriously the fact that a game breaking glitch like that has been allowed to persist is fucking UNACCEPTABLE. That should have been fixed the very second anyone caught wind of it.

I we really have to wait till june-july then jesus christ these guys are truly hacks. 

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Or muting a player(s) in the lobby and having them STAY MUTED! when someone else enters the lobby. Also an issue since launch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ever have the one where you die with no small map because of high fear, and come back as Tommy without a small map? Also cant see any of your items...

Lol. Wow. I have not had that happen yet. That's a doozy.

12 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I wondered what caused that.

I have been playing online games since 1996 and have never seen a patch/upgrade/expansion (whatever you want to call it) drop on a weekend. 

As for this update - I am in no rush - it will happen when it happens. 

I think we all need to put ourselves in the developers shoes.....

If we got paid a million dollars, in advance, for work we intend to do in the future, there's a good chance that we would do that work whenever the fuck we wanted to do it. Why? Cause we already been paid so there is no real motivation to accomplish our goals quickly. Not to mention that we could push out anything to cover our ass if any investor was to request a return.

For example: If you pay me $6000, in advance, to pave your driveway. I could show up Monday to grade the land and lay down the gravel. Technically, I've not given you the entire thing you paid for, BUT the driveway is usable until I come back from vacation in 6 months. As soon as I get back, I'll pour the concrete and give it a few days to set up. Now there are cracks in it because I done a half assed job so you would quit complaining. I'm gonna promise you I'll fix it for free but it'll have to be in my time but here's the new issue.......

I'm gonna do new jobs that pay me before I do anything for free.

#remembertheyalreadyannouncedanewproject

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I’m hoping the update will drop this Friday, but I know that’s wishful thinking.

10 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

: If you pay me $6000, in advance, to pave your driveway.

You're not going to be in business very long if that's all your charging to build driveways. You need to up your rates.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

You're not going to be in business very long if that's all your charging to build driveways. You need to up your rates.

Hahahahahaaaaaa

You know I was just using some ridiculous scenario!! I thought the comeback would be something about putting the customer off for 6 months!! ?

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Hahahahahaaaaaa

You know I was just using some ridiculous scenario!! I thought the comeback would be something about putting the customer off for 6 months!! ?

I don't know this "customer" I'm looking out for you.

40 minutes ago, malloymk said:

30 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

@ShiftySamurai care to give a straightforward comment on whether or not the glitches described above as well as the car rubber band glitch is being fixed in this?

8 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I don't know this "customer" I'm looking out for you.

Just to clear things up.......... I don't pave driveways. ?

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

We'll shit... Thought I was gonna get mine done cheap.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

We'll shit... Thought I was gonna get mine done cheap.

Pay me in advance and we can talk. Hahahahahaaaaaa

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Nope. He pours them.  

SlushySimplisticAracari-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1